Seventeen

Shadow of You

 

A/N:
Some comments really saddened and disheartened me :'(
This is an ongoing fic... Please give it time to unravel itself. There's a 8 year gap afterall..
 
And just to clear the air, there never had been, and never will be any HyukMin in this. 
 
I am a true EunHae shipper. All I'm asking is for all to give this fic some more time to explain everything :)
 
For everyone else, thanks so much for waiting. I know it has been a long time since i updated this. I'm back now! Though still very busy, I won't leave this hanging as long ^^
 
---
 
 
'Kyu baby!' Siwon watched in amusemt as Donghae flung himself into the man's arms. Throwing Kyu slightly off balanced. 
 
 
'Whoa you big baby!'
 
 
'Did you buy anything for me in France?' Hae beamed excitedly, putting his hands out. 
 
 
'Why should I? You have Siwon. That's as good as having everything. Stop being so greedy Hae.' Kyu settled himself on the couch, leaving Hae to pout sadly. 
 
 
'Wonnie he bullied me.' 
 
 
Hae whined and sat himself on Siwon's lap. The latter's arms naturally finding their way around Hae's slender waist. 
 
 
'Kyu's right. What do you need? I can buy them for you.' 
 
 
'Hmm...' Hae grabbed his chin and seemed to be thinking hard. 
 
 
Moments after he looked at Siwon, 'I don't think you can afford it.'
 
 
'Try me.' Siwon huffed. 
 
 
'Just you Wonnie. Can you buy, you?' 
 
 
'Damn Hae! You are ing disgusting. You two! Get out of my face!' Kyu roared. 
 
 
Donghae merely giggled in Siwon's arms. Unaware of the slight frown on the latter's features. 
 
 
---
 
 
'Teukkie hyung spoke to me earlier. I had only been away for months and he got worst? How could you just let him be?'
 
 
'Because I love him.' 
 
 
Kyu frowned, 'But this isn't him. It's getting ridiculous. I can't believe you just let him be for all these years. All those booze and parties? Huh Siwon?' 
 
 
Siwon knew what his friend was implying. He knew it better than all of them combined. Besides, the list didn't just stop there. It was never just booze and parties. 
 
 
He also knew deep inside that everything that Donghae was protraying right now was merely a facade to hide his true self. 
 
 
He hated to admit it and badly wished it wasn't the truth. That, whatever it was that Donghae was doing and seemed to be enjoying, it was done to numb himself. 
 
 
And Siwon, of all people, knew that it was truly as bad as it looked. Or maybe - though he wished fiercely he was wrong - was worst than it seemed. Since what happened 8 years ago in New York, Donghae was never really the same anymore.  
 
 
'This side of him is also part of him Kyu. Accept it.' 
 
 
But then something didn't sit well inside. Kyu seemed to be probing too deep this time. He faced the singer again, 'Why are you acting so strange after your concert tour?' 
 
 
Kyu started shifting the weight in his feet as he stood with an uneasy stance. 
 
 
Cold dread suddenly filled Siwon and he somehow knew what was this about. 
 
 
'Kyu. Tell me what you know.'
 
 
'I heard some news... It's him. He... He's coming back.'
 
 
---
 
 
Back in the sanctuary of his room, Donghae stood with his arms crossed, staring unblinkingly at the late night repeat of the entertainment news now playing on the television. Expressionless. 
 
 
One particular news about a certain international famous celebrity caught his utmost attention once again. 
 
 
Lee Eunhyuk
 
 
As usual, always seen near him was the celebrity's meek looking manager, Lee Sungmin. 
 
 
A hard dark glint replaced Donghae's usual gentle soft gaze as he directed his sharp glare to the man who was always beside the celebrity. 
 
 
He walked forward and fiercely poked a finger onto the television, straight on Lee Sungmin's somewhat pretty features. 
 
 
'So my Hyukjae still likes this type huh?' He narrowed his eyes, studying Sungmin closely yet again. 
 
 
'What the is it about you exactly Lee Sungmin?' He snarled. 
 
 
A knock sounded on his door and he quickly shut the television off. A bright smile plastered onto his face immediately. 
 
 
'Hae?' Siwon's head peered in, 'Heechul is here.'
 
 
Yes right. 
 
 
He still has a party to go to. 
 
 
---