62. MINSEOK- 20. Playing with a pet

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

In moments like these, you were completely still, even though your heart felt like it would burst from your chest from excitement.

It happened almost every other day, yet you still couldn’t keep that squeal that kept trying to free itself from your throat down, because holy hell, how can something be so adorable?

Minseok felt the way you stiffened in his arms. He was drifting on the verge of slumber and consciousness, yet your frozen body alarmed him enough to crack one eye open. You were facing away from him, back pressed tightly against his chest and hands holding his in a tight grip.

He frowned. It was still dark outside, and he would guess it was just barely after four in the morning. Was it another nightmare? Maybe panic attack from school? You seemed to get those quite often lately.

And so gently, Minseok’s fingers moved to free from your grip, just to hold them instead.

“Jagi…” he whispered, his throaty whisper just barely audible.

“Be quiet.” You whispered back curtly, making the of his fingers freeze against your skin.

What?

“You’ll wake him up.”

What are you talking about?

And then he heard it.

He almost missed it again, the tiny yip. But then it returned again, a bit louder this time. And once more, until the tiny puppy didn’t start kicking, running in his dreams.

Minseok and you got this baby just a few days ago, and since he was feeling too lonely in his bed, you decided it would be okay to share one with Minseok and you. Minseok didn’t agree at first- the dog had his own bed, a perfectly comfy bed that wouldn’t be too hard to clean if he had a midnight accident, like small puppies do.

He also wasn’t too keen on sharing you, because your usual sleeping position with you being splayed on his chest was turned around, with Minseok being the big spoon, you being the middle spoon and Piglet being the tiny, loud spoon.

Minseok attempted to tamp down his annoyed groan, but he still shifted to prop up on his elbow, so he could see over you at the sleeping puppy.

The small French bulldog was bound to be a loud sleeper- his snores took a while to get used to. But his occasional chasing dreams…Minseok still didn’t get used to that. Especially if you reacted the way you did after every single time he woke up.

Piglet broke through the veil of sleep with a confused bark, sitting up and looking around him in confusion. The squeal that you fought so hard to keep inside you bubbled out and you reached out to scratch at his back. The small dog turned to face you and once realizing who you were, the little peanut bound straight for your face with a small squeak, at your jaw.

“My poor baby~” you cooed, rolling on your back (rolling Minseok over in the process as well), lifting him up on your chest.

“Were you dreaming you were chasing somebody?” you asked, your tone still in the cute levels and Minseok had wondered how long it has been since you’ve used that voice on him. The little dog just snorted and Minseok had the need to do the same voice.

“Did you catch him?” this was getting ridiculous, this conversation, but when the waggling of Piglet’s tail somehow told you he was successful in capturing whatever he was chasing after.

“Good boy!” you squealed, picking him up so you could pepper kisses over his head and then neck when he shied away.

Snuggling into your man some more, you were satisfied once the arm that had been under you was moved up around your shoulders. You looked at Minseok, your eyes so awake even in this dead of night.

“Isn’t he a good boy, Minseok?” you asked him excitedly.

This is why Minseok agreed to get Piglet. The way you just were the most adorable dog owner he had ever the pleasure to meet.

And although he would never admit it out loud, the snoring, peeing bundle of barks got into his heart, too.

With a sigh, his hand reached to pet at Piglet’s head in an almost fatherly gesture.

“Yes…good boy…” you chuckled, putting Piglet back where he was sleeping. You snuggled into Minseok’s chest, cupping his cheek with a kiss against his jaw.

“Good boy.” You cooed into his ear, making him snort and roll his eyes.

“That might work on the little mongrel, but it doesn’t work on me.”

“Of course it does. If you had a tail, it would be waggling right now.”

“Don’t test me, woman.”

“I’m sorry, oh great alpha.” A rumble went through Minseok’s chest and you giggled again, kissing his cheek in apology.

This was the way he liked it. His mate, with her leg thrown over his hips possessively, clinging to him. This is what the alpha wanted.

And he almost snarled when he heard the small whine and Piglet pawing at your back for attention.

“I swear to god-“

“No, wait.” There was a slight pause, where he thought you would turn away from him- and even though he wouldn’t admit it, he was sure he’d whine.

But you were turning back within moments, pulling the arm that was rubbing your back just moments ago away from your body, before disposing the unhappy puppy in the cradle that it now was.

“There. All better.”

“You know he doesn’t like me, ___. He smells the wolf in me, and is afraid I am a predator to him.” His favorite excuse came up again, but this time, it didn’t work.

You couldn’t help to laugh as you watched Piglet settle in, resting his head against Minseok’s forearm comfortably.

“Ooh, yeah. He is scared to death from you.” You said sarcastically and Minseok could feel his eyes turning red from the taunt.

“Just go back to sleep. Both of you.”

“Do as the alpha commands, Piglet, or else he will have a ‘ruff day tomorrow.”

“I swear to God, ___, you’re going to regret saying this.”

“Shhh.” You patted his cheek in comfort.

“Sleep well, my Alpha.”