28. XIUMIN- Protection

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Hello darlings ^^ Just a little something I wrote when I was bored at school~

I hope you enjoy a nice and protective Minseok x3

-

He ran faster, his breath coming out in brash hugs. The echo of your panicked voice pushed him forward, forced him to quicken his pace.

His inner beast roared in frustration. His mate was in danger and he was so far away.

Minseok couldn’t use a car. The second he heard you, voice shaky and tiny, pleading him to hurry over to your workplace, he stood, petrified, listening to your urgent whisper as you quickly explained to him what was happening. The phone call was cut short with your yelp and a loud crash.

That’s when Minseok’s eyes turned red. Someone was trying to harm his mate.

And he wasn’t in the state to drive- his fangs kept appearing, claws ripping over his nails. He wasn’t able to stay in his human form, his beast was forcing him to shift and there he was, sprinting through the woods, trying to find the fastest shortcut to you. Minseok didn’t care if someone saw his supernatural form- the others.

Minseok didn’t care about anything else. All he needed to do was save his mate.

And kill the er who threatened her.

-

You tried your best to quiet down, your hand clamped over your mouth tightly. You heard the muggers do trouble downstairs- the shot glasses you tried hard to clean and organize in a pretty way were broken all over the floor, you still heard your boss fighting in the mess of shards. With a thick Russian accent, he ushered you upstairs, to the storage room, to hide away behind the boxes of goods. The dull thuds you heard told you he was still fighting, but the more time passed, more grunts and groans came from your boss.

Then your heart fell in the gutter when you heard the ladder squeak under some weight.

One of the muggers was coming upstairs.

You whimpered, burying yourself deeper into the stacks of neon sweatshirts, hoping it would be enough to hide you from him.

He was apparently very confident with himself, because he landed with a thud, chuckling at himself, at how smart and strong he was.

“I saw you go up here, darling…” you heard him hiss and your hand tightened around your mouth, trying to tamp down the whimpers of fear that passed your lips. He was still far away. Maybe Minseok will arrive in time…

“The old man is trying to save you, but he can’t even save himself.” he was right- the fighting downstairs stopped. Tears trickled down your cheeks at the realization. Your boss, your protective and funny boss could be seriously injured.

Minseok, where are you?

“Where are you, darling?” he sang mockingly, moving around the storage room but luckily, away from you. He was moving to the surfboards, to the completely opposite side of the storage room you were in. Maybe if he was far away, you could change your place. But you were covered with sweatshirts that were still bagged in plastic. Just a small, wrong move could reveal your position to him and seal your fate.

So you decided to stay still, frozen in your position as you were, spread on the highest shelf.

“Aw, don’t be like that…I swear I won’t hurt you…” you heard rustling- he was looking for you and no doubt, he was starting to grow frustrated when he didn’t find you. It was apparent as he kicked the surfboards while cursing.

“Quite the contrary, I’ll make you feel so good…” you bit down on your hand to shut you up-

Oh, no.

No, please…

Where was your mate? You were shivering in fear by now, especially when you heard the mugger coming your way, knocking down more boxes to find you.

“Come out, come out, wherever you are…” he sang, kicking more boxes away. It was harder and harder to hold in your stuttering whimpers. You were shaking all over when you saw the first boxes of your shelf being thrown aside.

The burglar suddenly stopped and you gasped in surprise.

There was noise downstairs. A grunt traveled throughout the floor of the shop and an animalistic snarl had you crying out in relief.

“Minseok! I‘m up here!” you screamed out.

“You !” the burglar cursed and renewed his strength finding you. You tried to escape him as quickly as possible but it didn’t help you. You screamed when you felt a hand close around your ankle and roughly pull you from your secret place. You fell on your back, the fall knocking the breath out of you. The ladder groaned under a body. Minseok was close…any moment now and…

“One more step, and this girl dies.” you were yanked up by your hair and the cold blade pressed against your neck.

Minseok froze in his place, eyes blood red and fangs out. He was panting harshly, his breath heaving his chest up and down, hair ruffled. He never looked more feral than now, fangs elongated and claws shown, looking with crazed eyes at the man intending to harm you.

“Minseok…”

“Shut up.” you whimpered as the blade pressed deeper and Minseok snarled, his body twitching to attack.

“I’m serious, dude.”

“Let her go.” the words were barely understandable over his fangs.

“She has nothing to do with this.”

“Oh, she has everything to do with this.” the burglar opposed with a laugh, pulling you backwards with him. Minseok followed you with controlled steps.

“Minseok…” you kept whimpering quietly and the burglar cursed, yanking your head further back.

“I told you to shut up, you !”

Minseok snarled. It sounded like a wild animal and it sounded so real, the burglar looked around in shock.

“The …”

You felt the blade become much sharper and with the crazed look in Minseok’s eyes and the growing cold you realized Minseok was using his powers. The blade shattered and you shrieked, immediately running to Minseok for cover. He caught you with one arm, stilling you before snarling again, turning to the hallway frozen burglar by now.

“No one threatens my mate.” Were the last words the burglar heard before the ice covered him whole, screaming face forever in his icy prison.

The moment the man stopped struggling under the ice, he was turning you to him, concern written all over his features. He was cupping your cheeks, brushing away the tears that you didn’t even know where falling.

“Are you okay? Did he hurt you anywhere?” he was angling your head back, just softly to inspect your neck. He growled when he saw the scratched up flesh but apart from that, you were okay.

“God.” he sighed in relief before crushing you to his chest, holding you tight.

“I’m so glad you’re okay.” he breathed out, your back as you still shivered in his arms.

“Y-you came…” you stuttered out, holding onto him tight as you cried into his shoulder.

“If you wouldn’t have come…”

“Don’t.” he cut off your scary thought, kissing the top of your head and any place he could reach.

“I will always come for you, no matter what. Do you understand?” you nodded shakily, your hands in the back of his shirt.

“A-and my boss?”

“He’s okay. He’ll need to go to the hospital, though.” you nodded, holding in your sobs. Everything felt safe in Minseok’s arms, you could trust him completely.

Minseok growled, gathering you up in his arms and holding you tight, one arm under your knees and the other wrapped around your back.

“I hear the police coming. Let’s go, baby. You need rest.”

And you let yourself be carried away, huddled in your mate's strong arms, knowing that no harm will be done to you.

Not when Minseok is still breathing and can prevent it.