21. KAI- Vodka

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Hello guys!! :3 I'm updating this again!! :3 I'm sorry it took such a long time, it's weird to start writing about non-supernatural things after such a long time kkk. I'll start doing the requests right after this, I promise! :3

I hope none of you had such a crappy week as me ^^; 

Enjoy! :3

-

You sighed for the fifth time that evening as you patiently waited in one of the only two open lanes at McDonalds. Your hand kept twitching upwards to the now revealed nape of your neck, as if you wanted to hide it from the world.

This week could get the prize for the most ed up week ever, and school only started a month ago.

Not only the teachers were pissing you off at every chance they could, you managed to make a complete idiot in front of your crush, who now looks at you like you were stupid all the time. Your studies weren’t going that great as you hoped and the fact that you were surrounded by a record amount of couples that you’ve ever seen in your life while you were still getting less than two second looks from boys instead of a nice conversation didn’t make it nice either.

You thought you could cheer yourself up by treating your tortured hair to a nice regeneration trim.

What you didn’t expect was the hairdresser grabbing your painstakingly grown out hair that barely went to your back and snapping them off by your ear.

By that time, it was too late to tell her she ed up badly, so you kept your mouth shut and tried to keep your tears at bay during the entire procedure where she continued to snap it off mercilessly until your shoulder-length locks looked like a hair-do of a thirty year old business woman. After paying ungodly money for getting your hair ruined, you debated whether to buy a bottle of vodka first and then a hat, but you decided to choose a different (cheaper) alternative by getting ice-cream at McDonald’s.

“I can take you now.” a cheerful voice called from the side and you walked over to the widely smiling guy, who just the cash register.

“Good evening. What can I get you?” he asked with a nicely rich voice. In the state that you were, you only sent a small smile his way.

“Could I get an M&M McFlurry, please?” you asked him while fishing out some money.

“Alright,” his voice was still happy- this is how the McDonald workers should sound all the time, you decided to yourself as you got out the bills.

“Will it be just that? Don’t you want some topping as well?” the small smile turned into a tired grin.

“I suppose you don’t have a vodka mcflurry, huh?” a wide smile appeared on his face as he looked up at you. His eyes were of a chocolate brown, twinkling with mirth.

“I don’t think we do…let me ask, just in case.” he told you as he turned to the machine and scooped in the ice-cream. You thought he was joking, but then he called over his manager.

“Kyungsoo? Do you know if we make vodka flurries?” the manager’s already big eyes widened a little bit more, shooting a quick glance in your direction.

“Nope, no vodka flurries.” he said with a very serious tone, making you wonder if they knew you were being sarcastic.

“What was it that we should do?” a tall guy asked behind a different register, setting up the happy meal box.

“Flurry with vodka.”

“Oh, that would taste good!” a girl quipped as she passed between your man and the tall boy, who laughed, clapping his hands.

“If we start doing them, can we have some at work?”

“I would like a tequila one.” a different girl commented as she took money from a customer.

“I would want a whiskey one.” your guy said as he poured a mountain of M&M’s on your ice-cream- a lot more than was the norm, making it a double, or triple amount.

“But we’ll start doing Oreo McFlurry tomorrow.” Kyungsoo offered and the guy placed the ready mcflurry on the tray in front of you.

“You heard the man. We’re starting Oreo tomorrow, but you gave us a good idea. I might lay down the vodka plan at the next meeting.” you grinned as you dropped the money in his outstretched palm.

“Thanks a lot.” you paused, reading his nametag.

“Jongin.” he grinned, nodding his head and giving you change.

“You’re welcome. Have a great day.” he told you with a smile and you returned it, sitting down in a corner booth, getting ready to eat your ice-cream.

You ate it in silence, waiting for your friends while your mind was in a completely different place. Your prom was in two months- and your hair looked like a chicken’s . Your prom pictures were to be taken in a week and all your hard-earned hair was currently on a hair dresser’s floor.

It . It so hard and it was just so unfair.

“I should’ve broken my legs before getting into that chair…” you muttered under your breath, scooping a large spoonful into your mouth.

“It isn’t vodka…” a familiar voice started as two cups of coffee were placed on the table in front of you. You watched in awe as the boy from behind the register, Jongin, slipped in the booth, sitting across from you.

“But it’s something. And you look like you need it.” he chucked a small hill of sugar on the table next to the coffees before folding his arms on the table and smiling at you. You chuckled under your breath, unable to prevent the blush that came on your cheeks. Jongin was really attractive up close.

“Thanks, but…won’t you get in trouble for this?”

“Nah, I took a break, and besides, it’s kind of empty here. Chanyeol can manage by himself.” he waved over to the tall boy behind the register, before reaching to grab a pack of sugar.

“I’m ___.” you told him after nodding, reaching out to grab the sugar as well. Jongin smiled, stirring his coffee.

“I’m Jongin. Nice to meet you, ___.”

“How’s your day so far, hmm?” you inquired as you lifted the coffee cup to your lips, taking a small sip. The beverage was still steaming hot.

“I guess it was a lot better than yours.” Jongin replied sheepishly and you snorted.

“You bet.”

“You look like you need to vent.”

Oh, how Jongin must’ve regretted those words, because he broke down a dam and your mouth couldn’t stop moving.

You didn’t know if it was because of the general crap that happened to you that week, but you ended up spilling everything to the attractive stranger, who just kept his eyes on you in the most interesting of ways and continued sipping his coffee. He wasn’t giving any sympathy, or advice- he was giving an ear, giving you someone who listens to your problems.

It made all the anger melt away- it was so hard to keep in your tears during the walk from the hairdressers to McDonald’s, but after talking about everything to Jongin, it all seemed stupid and it all started going away. You felt the weight of it all lifting off your shoulders and soon enough, it wasn’t that hard to smile again.

You even broke the middle of an angry sentence when Jongin yelped, burning his tongue on his still hot coffee to laugh. Jongin laughed as well as he kept his tongue stuck out, looking like a puppy.

“You’re a lot cuter when you laugh.” he said to you after the two of you calmed down. That’s when you realized you just went on a rant in front of him, and yeah, good job, ­­­___, because that's so attractive.

“Oh god, sorry I unloaded like that on you.” you groaned, hiding your face in your hands.

“It’s really oka-“

“It’s just…the haircut was the last drop and prom is coming up and…” you sighed, looking down at the table.

“Yeah.” Jongin studied you silently for a while, as you stirred your coffee.

“I really don’t know why you have such a problem with your hair. I think it looks really good.” he told you honestly, and as you lifted your eyes from the table, he quickly continued.

“I mean, I didn’t see you with long hair, but short hair suits you a lot, as well.”

“You’re just saying that to be nice…and…yeah, I mean…I think the thing that pisses me off the most about this is…I’ve had short hair for the majority of my high school. It finally grew down to touch my shoulders this summer and I was just so happy because it was long again and I could do different things with it…I wanted her to cut it just slightly above the shoulder…I guess…this is slightly above the shoulder.” Jongin lifted his eyebrow at you.

“You should’ve left without paying.”

“I would’ve if I wasn’t so shocked from it…I mean, I only realized what happened to it after I was two streets away from the hairdressers.”

“And you went straight here?” when you nodded, a grin spread across Jongin’s face.

“I guess fate must’ve sent you here.”

As you were about to reply to his cheesy line, Kyungsoo’s voice called at Jongin, telling him his break was up and he should get back to work. Jongin sighed, throwing all the empty sugar packs in his already empty glass.

“Look, ___, I have to go…but I’d like to see you again. My shift ends at ten, let me take you out for a drink.” a grin settled on his face.

“I might be able to get you that vodka, after all.”

You returned his grin. It was a Saturday evening; you had nowhere to be and nothing to study for. Why not?

You quickly fished out a marker from your bag, scribbling your number on a tissue and handing it over to him. Jongin flew over the digits quickly before stuffing it into his pocket.

“I’ll be here at ten.” you promised him with a smile and Jongin nodded. His grin simpered down to a gentle smile, and the butterflies started to fly around in your tummy.

“I can’t wait.”

This week doesn’t have to end so bad, after all.