48. JONGDAE- 18- Talking about them behind their back

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

HOLY CRAP DEARS, HAVE YOU SEEN THE MV?! If not! GO. NOW. RIGHT NOW. AND THEN READ THIS.

It will make so much more sense.

-

“Soo~?”

“…so?”

“What do you think?”

“You’ll have to give me a few more minutes, or else the only response you’ll be getting is KIM JONGDAE.” Jongdae froze at that response, having to fight every fiber of his being to not backtrack into the living room where you sat with your best friend. He just got up to go to the kitchen for a glass of water because he slept due to a hard schedule yesterday. You probably didn’t even know he was up.

Your best friend laughed, urging you on.

“Weren’t they perfect?” she asked and the only response you gave her was a groan of satisfaction.

“Perfect? That’s a big understatement! They were…! He was…! Did you see him?” your voice was so excited, so giddy. It made Jongdae bubble with happiness inside, as he crouched near the kitchen door to eavesdrop on your conversation.

“I did, after I re-watched it a few times. Yixing always took my concentration.” No shock there, Jongdae mused with a small grin. The crush your best friend had on his band-member was huge, it was almost surprising Yixing didn’t see it himself. He’ll have to do something to get the two of them together.

“Jongdae really improved his dancing.” She praised him and he could hear your supporting hum.

“He improved at everything! And he looked so perfect the whole time, and his voice! Oh my god, I don’t think I can form comprehensible sentences at the moment. I probably won’t be able to do so all day. Damn you, why are you doing this to me?!” your best friend laughed and Jongdae could easily picture you diving into the couch pillows head first, whining loudly. This was probably one of the best days of his life, Jongdae thought with a great smile on his face. Your opinion on the videos mattered so much to him, and hearing you say something like this to someone else, without the pressure of him being there…

“Man, if he were awake, I’d probably smother him, because how can I even begin to deserve such a perfect man like him? Oh my god…I…I need to watch it again!” you jumped up, running to the kitchen where you left your laptop as you were making breakfast. Jongdae prepared himself, standing right in front of the door, arms outstretched, so when you ran into the room without thinking, he grabbed you, using your momentum to twirl you around with twinkling laughter.

Your initial shriek was replaced by a stuttering of his name, as you hugged him back just as tightly.

“My perfect, proud woman.” He said once he put you back down, your cheek with his thumb dearly. The way he looked down at you had your face reddening in embarrassment.

“You heard that?”

“Every single word of it, and I couldn’t be happier that I did.” Before you had the chance to reply, he was swooping down to press a fat kiss against your lips.

“Thank you so much, my dear.” He whispered against your lips, holding you tightly.

“Thank you, my superstar.” You replied back with a teasing tone at which he swatted at your with a grin.

“Will your superstar be having anything for breakfast?”

“Of course~, I made you your favorite~” Jongdae whopped in delight, sliding into a chair behind the table.

“Are you guys decent? Or should I come back in a few years?” your best friend’s head popped in and Jongdae grinned.

“Don’t be a smartass with me, ___, I heard everything you said, too. And I won’t hesitate to blackmail you for it.” You laughed at your boyfriend and you didn’t even have to look to imagine the look on your best friend’s face. She stayed silent for a while, before sighing desperately.

“You two are so freaking alike…”

“That’s why we’re so perfect for each other, dear.” You replied, looking back at Jongdae with a wink before you placed a plate of French toast in front of him.

This day was slowly becoming the best of the year.