11. XIUMIN- Collapses Into Your Arms

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Updating again~  ^^ Xiumin is here! :3 enjoy! :3

-

 

Softly playing music accompanied the turning of paper that spread through your apartment. Everything else was quiet- the streets were dead, not a single person on them, most of the lights in the apartment house were off, save for the night owls.

You weren’t a night owl yourself. If you could, you would fall asleep right when the sun disappeared and rise along with it. You hated the dark, because it depressed you.

So why on Earth were you still up? You paused from the complicated storyline you were reading to stare at a photo standing on the coffee table in front of your couch. There was a picture you and your boyfriend of a few years, Kim Minseok, holding you tightly and smacking a big kiss on your cheek. You smiled as the memories flooded your mind- It was before he was accepted into the more complex training in SM and he still had more time and energy. Nowadays, Minseok wasn’t that free or lively.

You understood him- he was about to debut in a new large group from the entertainment giant. The only reasons why these drastic trainings bothered you were because of how they affected Minseok- a lot of times he barely stumbled through the threshold and fell asleep on the couch, too tired to even walk to bed. After a few hours of sleep, he was up and running again, rushing to the group practice of their complicated dances.

You sighed, closing your book. It was after midnight and still no sign of Minseok or how he would be called after Exo debuted “Xiumin.” Their debut was nearing, and they had to bring their dancing to perfection. Since Minseok was one of the better dancers, he spent most of his time closed in the practice room, sweating away his pain and uncertainties of dance moves. He had to be sure of every movement his body made and he had to sell it to the audience with confidence, that’s what made it so hard. Surrounded by Yixing and Jongin, it was hard at times to be confident of oneself.

You wouldn’t be a judge of his dancing skill- you were far too subjective over the matter, because every time Minseok danced, your eyes were only on him and never elsewhere.

You heard your front door open and your heart bubbled with joy. Finally, he was back.

You found him in the hallway, leaning heavily against the wall. His bag was on the ground beside him, probably too heavy to hold anymore.

“Minseok?” you called out carefully, approaching him. His eyes stayed closed but he smiled a little.

“Yes?” his voice was low, tired. Everything about him oozed exhaustion, it almost made you yawn.

“Welcome home.” You told him with a smile while crouching down beside him, helping him slip off his shoes. Minseok wanted to object, saying he’s perfectly capable of undressing himself, but as he opened his mouth, his jaw slacked and his head lolled to the side. You giggled at his cute expression, pressing a quick peck against his lower lip.

After you got rid of his jacket, you guided the almost sleeping Minseok to your bedroom. You were glad that he showered at the practice rooms, because Minseok already fell asleep while sitting up on the bed, his head falling forward.

“You work too hard.” You scolded him quietly, before slipping off his shirt and pants. He would have to be okay with sleeping in his boxers, because you didn’t have any energy left to search for his pajama bottoms.

“Move up a bit, yeobo.” You whispered to him, pushing gently into his shoulders. You were so lucky that Minseok was such an obedient sleeper, because he did as you asked, his head nuzzling into the pillows. You gently wormed into his embrace before pulling the covers over both of you and hugging him tightly.

You kissed his bare chest and in sleep, he tightened his arms around you.

You hated to see him this tired, but he was doing this to debut. He was doing this to make his dream come true. And you’ll stay by his side, no matter what.