53. YIXING- 8. Showering

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Can I blame my dancing love for infecting me with so much love for my bias???? I hope I can because ITS ALL HER FAULT AND IM HERE WITH ALL THESE ING FEELS----

Enjoy tired Xing ~ x3

-

Sometimes, these were the only moments you and Yixing had for each other.

With the school year coming to an end and the end of year performances knocking on the door, your free time has been reduced to zero. It was a miracle if you went to bed and Yixing was there, or if you woke up with his warmth still next to you.

The more probable situation would be you trying to stay awake after cram sessions, waiting for your lover to come back home from training (and failing horribly), or waking up to find him already gone. At times, he’d leave cute messages on your nightstand, words of motivation scribbled hastily, as you could imagine him writing it with his phone already bursting with messages from the manager, urging him down. You hated these kinds of situations- you missed Yixing, dearly.

You tried your best to be there for him even if you couldn’t- before going to the library, you’d cook up some of his favorite dishes, letting him know where they were in case he returned before you. You also made sure Yixing didn’t forget to take his pills and that he had clean training clothes every day. On the other hand, Yixing stocked your pantry with all your favorite junk food and bought new coffee every time you were running low. If there were moments you passed out in the living room, hunched over your books, the next day you would wake up in bed, still dumb folded in how he was able to carry you so gently to bed that you didn’t stir awake.

Periods like these didn’t last long- maybe a little over two weeks, but it still felt like eternity for you. In times when you needed Yixing the most, you saw him the least. And that’s why situations like this were one of the only things making you keep on going.

You don’t even remember who started it. Yet now it became such a fundamental thing for your week that it didn’t matter.

The droplets of water hitting your skin felt heavenly. Showering after a long study session always gave you a sensation as if you were getting a massage. You were halfway decided to sit on the shower floor, but you were sure that if you sat down, you would have big problems standing back up. So you just leaned your head against the wall, eyes closing in bliss as you concentrated on the water hitting your back, working out all the kinks that gathered in your body.

You didn’t hear him coming, but you weren’t surprised when you felt two arms wrap around your waist, angling you away from the wall and to him. You sighed in content as your hands came up to grip at his shoulders, looking up at your lover.

Yixing was in desperate need of sleep. You have never seen him with bags this big, his whole face sunken with exhaustion. The sight of your man like this almost had you crying, you realized as you cupped his cheek with furrowed brows.

“How much did you sleep last night?” you asked, almost whispered so quietly that the drum of water overpowered your voice. Yixing only shook his head, kissing the inside of your palm gently.

“Enough.” He whispered back, and you sighed, thumb the skin under his eye.

“You don’t look like it…” you murmured, but before he had a chance to say anything back, you were pulling him down, down to you and wrapping your arms around him and holding him close. The press of his torso against yours was a wonderful feeling, and you pressed a kiss into his shoulder when you felt his arms squeeze back with the same amount of need.

There was no need to say anything- it was all conveyed in your embrace, in the way you were able to stand there for eternity, unwilling to part from each other. If you could, you would stay there until the end of days, just like that. Holding your man as if it was the only thing you needed to do in this lifetime.

In a moment, Yixing was pushing you back, far enough to cup your face in his hands and press a deep kiss against your lips. Your lips parted with a sigh and you kissed back, your movements slow and languid, enjoying the small flutter of butterflies in your stomach you always got when Yixing kissed you.

“I missed you…” he whispered once you two parted and you chuckled, at his cheeks.

“I missed you, too…you have no idea how much…” Yixing sighed, his forehead pressing against yours, eyes closed. There was no other thing you wanted to do more than to stay with him just like this, but you knew time was passing, and it was passing quickly- you were supposed to meet your friends in the library in two hours.

“We should get on with showering…” you murmured unwillingly, already trying to step away from him, but Yixing was pulling you back, back to him.

“Screw that.” Your man’s voice gained a certain husky appeal to it and it made you weak in the knees. You knew exactly that once Yixing got like this, there was no way of refusing him.

“I have something better on my mind than showering.”