13. LUHAN- Pushes you into a Pool- -REQUEST FOR PANDAGIRLLUVSU-

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Hey there, back again! :3 I'm posting the final member- LUHAN~ yaay. And also, it is a request for Pandagirl :) I hope you enjoy it, everyone! :3

-

 

You nervously knocked on the door, the toe of your foot scuffed into the ground. It was a sunny Saturday afternoon- the Sun was high in the sky, shining brightly down on you and the house you stood before. You could already hear the music booming through the house, its source probably coming from the backyard. The party was in full motion, cheers and splashes were heard from the other side.

The door flung open, Chanyeol standing behind them.

“Little Oh!” he called out, bringing you into a hug. Your first name was almost never used in the presence of your older brother’s friends. Your nickname “Little Oh” had been in use for a few years now, probably from the day Sehun introduced you to his high school friends.

“Hi, Chanyeol.” You hugged him back with a smile. Even though Chanyeol was older than you by three years, you never felt the between you since he acted like a child most of the time. He and Baekhyun, another of Sehun’s friends, were the ones you found it very easy to talk to.

“How have you been?” Chanyeol questioned, leading you in and closing the door behind you.

“I’m fine, but high school is tough…” you sighed, slipping your shoes off and flinging your bag in the corner. Chanyeol barked a laugh, shaking his head.

“Enjoy high school until you can, kid. College is a whole new level.”

“I’m not a kid.” You glared playfully at him and Chanyeol straightened out, towering over a head above you.

“Hey, quit bullying my sister.” A new voice sounded from the hallway and you whipped your head to look at your older brother. Sehun stood there in all his beauty, his swimming suit riding low over his hipbones, showing off his pale and muscular chest. You grinned at him, hugging him.

“Sorry, I couldn’t bring her over…she has too much studying to do.” You said secretively, referring to your best friend. Sehun had a bit of a crush on your best friend for a while and this party was the place where he wanted to make a move. Another reason for speaking secretively was how it drove Chanyeol nuts.

“What? Who?” his anxious questions sprouted behind you, but you chose to ignore them. Sehun frowned, pouting a little.

“Really? What does she have to study for?”

“I think biology or something.”

“Who? Who are you talking about?”  Sehun sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“Can’t you try calling her again?”

“I don’t know oppa, she seemed adamant about not going.”

“WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!”  Chanyeol screamed out, frustrated. Sehun grinned at his friend.

“Nobody important. Oh, by the way, ___, he’s here.” The seemingly innocent statement made your heart beat faster.

“He is?!”

“Who are we talking about now?”

Who were you talking about now, Chanyeol asked? You were talking about Luhan.

Luhan was one of your brother’s closest friends and your crush for a couple of years now. He had left for a study program in China for three months and this was supposed to be his welcome back party. Yet you heard that he wasn’t supposed to be here in the first place, but apparently nobody told you about the change of plans.

“Where is he?” you asked a bit breathless. Your knees wobbled, and you couldn’t blame them. After such a long time, you were going to see him again.

“He’s by the pool.” Sehun smiled at your reactions. It was weird that your brother was so supportive of your crush on his best friend, but he thought of it as the lesser evil. He would much rather have Luhan dating you than some douche he didn’t know.

“WHO THE HELL ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?!” Chanyeol yelled out again, making you squeak and Sehun laugh.

“No time to explain.” You said and rushed to the backyard, leaving the frustrated giant behind you.

Baekhyun’s house had a big outdoor pool with an enormous deep end and a shallow end, so the guys could enjoy a big of roughhousing. On the green grass a grill and several chairs were placed out. You could recognize Kris and his new girlfriend laughing about something as he piled food on their plate. Jongdae and Joonmyun were currently fighting over the last piece of beef before turning against Jongin who took the opportunity to steal the piece for himself.

Yixing and Minseok were already in the pool, Minseok holding the other’s head under the water, trying his best to dodge his hands. Yet, you didn’t see the one you wanted to see the most.

With a disappointed sigh, you went down the few stairs, joining Kris and his partner.

“Little Oh.” He acknowledged your presence with a pat on your head and a little smile.

“Hey Kris.”

“Why the long face, ___?” Kris’ girlfriend asked you, giving you a plate.

“You didn’t see Luhan by any chance, did you?” Kris laughed.

“Oh, that. I think he went inside.”

“He di-but I was just there!” you groaned, hitting your forehead, making the couple laugh.

“Patience, little one.” His girlfriend told you with a fake wise accent.

“I was patient for three months.” You pouted, placing the empty plate on the table.

“Not hungry…” you muttered to yourself, deciding to say hi to the other ones. You walked over to the edge of the pool, the water glistening prettily from the sun. Even though it looked beautiful, you still hated it.

“Yixing oppa!” you called out to the currently winning man in the water. You broke his concentration on Minseok’s headlock and as he smiled up at you, Minseok emerged from under him, pushing him under water again. He then proceeded to grin at you and make you laugh.

“SURPRISE!”

SPLASH!

It was so sudden, you were almost unable to comprehend what happened. One moment, you were laughing at Minseok and Yixing and another, you heard Luhan yelling behind you, shoving you in roughly.

Your electronics were safely in your bag and you had a bathing suit under your clothes, but that was the last on your mind now. Ever since you were little, you hated water. You hated pools, lakes, rivers, oceans, up to the point that you couldn’t swim. You always got a panic attack when someone forced you to swim and now, you were submerged in the deepest part of Baekhyun’s pool, your clothes weighing you down. You gasped in panic, your lungs instantly filling with water. This made your fear even bigger and you couldn’t coordinate your limbs to get to the surface- you didn’t know how.

You were going to die. You thought you were seriously going to die, until you felt an arm wrap around your waist, pulling you up to air. Panic still gripped you tight and you fought against the body, making it that much harder to bring you to the side of the pool. Within seconds, somebody grabbed you under your arms and pulled you out of the liquid death back onto safe ground.

“___!” you heard the voice you yearned to hear for so long and a towel wrap around you.

“___, I’m so sorry, I completely forgot you can’t swim.” Luhan’s voice was rushed and he crushed you against his chest, cradling you in his arms.

“I completely forgot, I’m so sorry.” His voice was full of guilt as he your hair comfortingly. You wanted to tell him it’s okay, you wanted to tell him it’s fine, but all you could do was let out small gasps, occasionally coughing up the water you inhaled.

“What’s wrong?” you could hear Sehun’s voice and your fist bunched up in Luhan’s shirt.

“Luhan pushed ___ into the pool.” Jongdae blurted out somewhere behind you, but you couldn’t see anything. You still had your eyes shut tight, your head buried in Luhan’s wet shirt.

He what?” Sehun hissed, his voice much closer than before.

“I forgot, I seriously didn’t mean to.” Luhan’s voice was full of regret as he still held on to you tightly.

“___, are you okay?” Sehun asked, crouched in front of you. Finally, you opened your eyes to stare into the worried eyes of your brother. You tried to smile reassuringly.

“I-I’m fine. Don’t worry, Sehunnie.” Sehun breathed out in relief.

“Luhan, you idiot.” He muttered, patting your head. You could slowly notice other people standing in a circle around you. All of them looked at you now in relief that you were okay, since you didn’t look that way since Kris pulled you out of the pool.

“I’m so sorry, ___.”Luhan apologized again, resting his cheek on your head. You his forearm comfortingly.

“It’s okay, Luhannie. I’m fine, don’t worry.” Seeing you were okay, the circle started to disperse- Baekhyun ran to the grill, attempting to save whatever he could from the burnt meat, Yixing pushed Minseok back into the pool, cackling evilly. And you turned to look at Luhan for the first time in three months.

His golden curls were glistening with water and his big, brown doe-like eyes were full of anxiety and regret. His lip was jutted out in a pout and he looked so sorry you thought you would cry.

“Welcome back, Luhannie!” you called out, throwing your arms around his neck and pushing him back in a bear hug. He laughed in surprise, hugging you back tightly.

“Surprise?” he quipped with a smile, making you giggle.

“Idiot.” You muttered under your breath and Luhan chuckled.

“You two really are siblings, you know that, right?”

“Shh.”

-

Once the party was over, you, Sehun and Luhan headed home. The reason why your crush accompanied you back was that Luhan wasn’t packed out yet and it would be much more comfortable for him to sleep on the couch in your living room. Your parents were out, enjoying a romantic weekend at the spa, but even if they had been there, they wouldn’t mind- They loved Luhan.

After taking a quick shower, Sehun headed out- probably to see your best friend. Once Sehun was set on finishing something, he would go through with it. This meant that he left you and Luhan alone. At first, it was very awkward, with the two of you lounging on the couch, until Luhan felt he had to say something. And that something was…

“I’m so sorry about today, ___-ah.” He repeated once again, making you groan.

“Jesus, Luhan. You threw me in the pool, not chop my head off.” You stated, trying to concentrate on the action film that played in TV.

“Yes but I know how much you’re afraid of water and I shoved you in and-“ you decided to cut him off. And what’s a better cut off than a kiss?

You waited for this far too long. You weren’t almost afraid- you didn’t care about that anymore. You only wanted to kiss him and see what would happen.

His lips felt soft on yours and it was adorable how he froze on the first contact.

“It’s really okay, Luhan.” you told him, with a smile, running a thumb across his cheek, before returning to your seat. He only stayed there, frozen in his movements. It almost brought tears to your eyes. He didn’t reciprocate your feelings. It was all a one sided crush, after all. A stupid, immature crush.

“It’s not okay.” His voice interrupted your inner chastising, and you turned your head to look at him. His tone was so serious, you were afraid at first if you had done something wrong.

“You don’t kiss me and expect I’ll be okay with just that. Come back here.” A great smile was on his lips as he cupped your face and pulled you back to him, cutting off any of your words with his lips. This kiss was different- it was deep, full of emotions fused into one mind-blowing experience. It was evident in it that you missed each other for three months by now- how you pulled each other closer, not having enough of your kiss. In the end, you had to break away for air, but Luhan still didn’t go far- he rested his forehead against yours with a big smile. You mirrored it, pecking him briefly.

“If I had known all I had to do was throw you in the water, I would’ve done it a long time ago.” He said with a grin and you pinched his cheek with an eye roll.

“Dummy. All you had to do was kiss me just like this.”

"I'm glad that I know."