57. YIXING- Watching TV shows together

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Hello dears~! :3

Here's another part of the thief!au that kind of...took my heart :3 So enjoy!

-

If someone asked you how you thought your weekend would go, there wasn’t a drug in this world which would be able to conjure up such an image in your head as the situation you were in right now.

First off, you would never have imagined your boss giving you a half-day on a Friday. With Junmyeon, it was simply impossible, as he always found something you could work on. So that by itself was a miracle.

Second, you couldn’t picture your beautiful dress to be on sale, with your exact size. Even more wondrous was the fact that the dress suited you, and when you eyed yourself in the mirror, you couldn’t help the star-struck “wow” escaping your lips at your image. Something like that happened so long ago, you could thought of it as ancient times.

What you most probably wouldn’t ever add to your description of a perfect weekend would be being kidnapped. You were unpleasantly surprised when you were snatched off the street, just because you were stupid enough to talk to a stranger. Falling asleep in the trunk while he was taking you away might’ve been your fault, but for your defense, there it was pretty possible you also fainted from the fear of what was going to happen to you.

Another thing you did not at all expect was meeting your best friend from college this way. In no scenario in your head Yixing ended up a criminal- he was the sweetest guy in campus, and if someone would even remotely suggest such a thing, you would’ve probably punched them. And yet that was your reunion after four years of disconnection- Yixing pulling you out of that trunk and into their apartment to hide you from the cops who were so sorely searching for you.

And yet the thing that was the most absurd about all these things, that even though your Friday afternoon went such a bizarre way, the craziest thing was that there you were, on a Sunday morning, sitting on the couch with your best friend, each holding a bowl of cereal, laughing your asses off at a SpongeBob Squarepants episode.

If felt almost natural, bringing you back to your college years when the two of you ditched all studying and homework to have a SpongeBob marathon. It all felt so familiar, you almost forgot the fact that you were kidnapped and held here against your will to a certain extend.

You, Yixing and Jongin had a very long talk when he returned after dumping the car. The younger male was drenched, his white shirt sticking to his toned body in an inviting manner, and you almost forgot all about what happened (if you still weren’t so pissed off about it). The outcome of your conversation was an agreement- you would stay with Yixing and Jongin for a few days, just for the heat to pass and after a week, you were free to go, with a hefty load of cash as an apology for pulling you into all this mess. It took a while for them to calm you down, and they really couldn’t blame you.

There was something about the two of them that had you agreeing to their proposal. With Yixing, you knew that the man wasn’t bad. There wasn’t a bad bone in his body, and you knew that if he was reduced to do something like stealing, he had a good reason to do so. And Jongin was so guilty about pulling you into this- he still is unable to look you in the eye for longer than three seconds. He gave up his bed, shuffling out of your way every time you were close to him. It was almost endearing, and this morning, when he returned from a grocery run with several bags in hand, muttering a small apology that he didn’t know what you preferred, so he took a guess had your heart fluttering. The younger man bought out almost the whole cereal aisle, grabbing various kinds of fruit, eggs, ham, cheeses of three kinds, bread, milk (Chocolate, banana and regular), and even stopping by the small pastry on the block to buy muffins and donuts.

This action had Yixing elbowing you in the ribs with wriggling eyebrows, with you retaliating with a slap to his back.

Jongin went for a run- not touching the food before you chose what you wanted to eat- leaving the two of you alone. And so feeling nostalgic, you the old children’s TV show and within moments you were back in the old days, yelling out SpongeBob’s theme song, which you both knew by heart.

“So, Xing…” you started, chasing the marshmallows in your cereal. Due to his mouth being stuffed by small, cookie like crumbles, you received only a muffled sound as a reply.

“What was that? When Jongin came back and you elbowed me.”

“Oh.” His mouth was still full, and he almost choked on the chuckle that escaped his lips.

“You don’t see it?” he asked once he swallowed, and you lifted your eyebrows at him.

“See what?” This time, Yixing laughed.

“God ___, you haven’t changed a bit.”

Whaaat?” your whine sounded almost childish, but you didn’t care.

“You really don’t see it?”

“See what?” Yixing stared at you without replying for a moment.

“Really?”

“I SWEAR TO GOD, ZHANG-“ Yixing’s laughter was accompanied by SpongeBob’s from the TV.

“How can you not see the golden boy being crazy for you?” Your eyes widened at his statement, and you almost spilled your cereal when you heard that.

“C-crazy?”

“Enamored. Smitten. Enchanted. En-“

“Okay, I get it.” You moved to press a hand over your former best friend’s mouth to shut him up.

“I mean, I don’t but- what?...how?” Yixing sighed, shaking his head.

There is…you never even thought of the chance. Why would Jongin? You dismissed all he had done for you as him being guilty for kidnapping you. You haven’t even thought he would do it for any other reason, and never of the reason being that he…liked you?

Those long stares when you weren’t looking started to make sense. The doting suddenly fell into place. And you finally understood the occasional blushes that would dust his cheeks when you said something inappropriate or suggestive.

Yixing almost heard the clues clicking into place in your head and he grinned, grabbing at your wrist to pull your hand from his mouth.

“You get it now?” he asked.

“Oh, god.” Was your only reply, which had him laughing.

“And don’t act like you don’t like looking at him either. I can read you like a book, ___.” It was your turn to blush, hitting his shoulder. There wasn’t anything else you could do, seriously. As always, even though your best friend often looked clueless, he was spot on with figuring out feelings.

“So you could be nicer to him, ___. I know he did what he did, but that was a second-decision as he tried to get away.” He never scolded, your best friend. The best he did were well-meant suggestions.

“He hasn’t slept since that happened, and he just wants to apologize for what happened. But Jonginnie isn’t really good with words, so he does stuff like that.”

“How can I forgive what he did?” you asked, and you almost laughed at the contrast of the absurd TV show and your serious conversation. Almost.

“You don’t have to forgive him. Maybe just to acknowledge his efforts for an apology would be enough.” You rolled your eyes at Yixing, groaning.

“Instead of a criminal, you should’ve been a shrink, Xing.” Your best friend sighed almost painfully.

“Sometimes you don’t choose the job, the job chooses you.” He said solemnly and you punched his shoulder again, resuming to watch SpongeBob and his underwater adventures, only this time with a mind crowded with thoughts.

You both watched silently if you ignored the occasional bursts of laughter, so you could clearly hear the door open and then click locked, announcing Jongin’s return.

“I’m back.” He murmured almost inaudibly, trying to take off his jogging shoes as quickly as possible so he could move from the living room to somewhere else.

“Welcome back, Nini~” Yixing called warmly to the younger male.

“How was your run?”

“Good…” he answered curtly, shuffling to move down the hallway to his room. He sent you a short glance, and without thinking, you blurted out his name.

Jongin froze in his movements, turning around to face you with wide eyes.

“Y-yes?”

It was too late to act like you didn’t call him out- you already had his attention and you had to say something.

“Umm…would you?...” you scratched the nape of your neck and you swore you could hear Yixing hide a laugh behind his cough.

“I heard that…scrambled eggs and ham is a great breakfast after a jog-“ what kind of twisted webpage would say such garbage? Your best friend next to you didn’t buy it at all, but the man in front of you listened to every word.

“Would you- if you’d like, I mean- I could make you some and you could join us? In…watching TV?”

This was the most stupid attempt at smoothing over something, ever. You could basically feel Yixing’s shocked look burning into your side, and you felt like if the earth opened up under your feet and you fell into an abyss of darkness, you would welcome it dearly.

How could you be this unsmooth? Is it even possible for a human being to-

“That would be…that would be awesome, ___.” Was what broke through your self-hating rant, making you look up at the now brilliantly smiling Jongin.

Wow. He looked so nice, smiling like that, you wanted him to smile more often.

And if he smiled in your direction that way, it would be even better.

“I’ll just take a quick shower. I’ll be right out. Just a second.” His quick movements now had a breath of giddiness in them and you were sure that if no one was there to witness it, Jongin would skip. It made you smile back.

“Take your time, we have all day.”

“Thanks, noona.” He said, and with a smile that you were sure imprinted in your mind for the end of ages, he ran off, shedding clothing as he went.

Another interaction with the dark-looking boy that made you dumbstruck, you realized. Yixing next to you couldn’t hold in his snicker anymore.

“My god, ___, you haven’t changed a bit.”

-

soooo....yeah ^^; not exactly yixing-centered but?? :3 I hope you enjoyed!