22. KAI- Teddy

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Alright! Well...I was graced with the beautiful fluffshot by Joy (which you should deffinately read here because it's just so perfect) and I couldn't stop thinking about it...and welll....I wrote a thing.

I'm tired and I'm pretty sick so the ending is just so crappy and everything is filled with so much fluff....I might just barf rainbows. But, I hope you'll like! <3

-

When Jongin said that he could be your Jongin-bear, he wouldn’t even have a clue how true it would be.

Jongin and you hit it off pretty well, after your first date (when Jongdae himself gave you his blessing) came the second date, a cinema date, party date, study date and many others, until finally, after the performance date (Jongin told you he’s a dancer and invited you to his end of year performance), Jongin in the euphoria of dancing kissed the breath out of you, wiping away all your memories of his previous shy ones on cheeks and foreheads.

You couldn’t have been happier at that. Everything was perfect.

Well, almost everything.

With a groan, you rolled out of bed at the sound of the doorbell ringing. You briefly looked at the clock, cursing yourself. It was five o’clock. Jongin was supposed to pick you up.

Usually, you could shake sleep off pretty easily, yet now you tumbled through your vacant hallway, holding onto the walls for support.

The doorbell rang the second time and you staggered over after taking one last look in the mirror, deciding it was a lost battle to try to tame the lion’s mane on your head and to sort out your face, and so you opened the door with a slightly lazy smile.

Jongin looked so perfect, it hurt. His soft brown hair was style up in the way you loved the most, his full lips split in the most beautiful toothy smile, his hands smoothed down his shirt in a nervous attempt to calm himself. It made you feel a little bit better- that he’s still as nervous as you are when he is to see you. It’s a beautiful feeling, being the reason of someone’s butterflies.

“Hey there, ___.” he said, his deep voice laced with feeling as his movement stuttered, torn between moving closer and keeping his distance. With a last run of his fingers through his hair, he stepped over the threshold of your apartment, gathering you up in his arms and hugging you tightly.  You didn’t have much of a chance to greet him back, because his lips were on yours in a matter of seconds. You grabbed his forearms for support when his hands came up to cup your face, holding it lovingly as he stared down at you.

“Hi there yourself.” you said with a big smile, your hand reaching out to brush at his cheek- his smile seemed to widen, even though you thought it was impossible, and he pushed you back into the apartment and closing the door behind you.

“I think you still need a few more minutes.” Jongin said with a chuckle as he looked down at you for a second- you followed his gaze and realized you were still in your pajamas, the small comfy shorts and an oversized shirt (that looked disturbingly close to the shirt that Jongin once gave you when you came to his place soaking wet as a replacement) and you giggled nervously.

“Yeah, and probably…coffee, too…” you paused, yawning widely.

“Did I wake you up?” he asked as he slipped off his shoes and put his coat on the hanger- you were glad.

To be honest, you didn’t feel like going anywhere. You felt like going back to bed and sleep for another forty hours or so, not going out and dealing with people. You just wanted to make a warm little nest and lay there with Jongin.

“It doesn’t matter, it’s good that you woke me up, I would be asleep forever.” you told him with a smile, walking over to your kitchen and starting to boil water.

“So you can say that I’m your prince Charming?” his head popped into the kitchen and you looked over at him with a risen eyebrow and a grin.

“Still not over the cheesy lines?” you asked him with a chuckle and the adorable blush adorned Jongin’s cheeks- it made you want to pinch them.

“Nope…I’ll probably be over them once I’m over you…”

“Oh, that’s comforting.”

“I don’t see myself being over you…ever.”

The exhaustion in you had you smiling at his words. Wordlessly, you reached out for his hand and he grabbed it, squeezing you reassuringly before twirling you over into his embrace, accompanied by your squeal of delight. Before you could protest, he had you bent down and in another breath taking kiss. You don’t think you could ever get over Jongin’s lips- the way they molded against yours, moving perfectly together as if they were made for each other.

“Is that comforting to hear?” the way his voice was oh so husky after you’re done kissing- oh how that made your senses tingle. You wordlessly nodded, still holding onto him tightly, staring into his chocolate eyes. As you leaned in for another kiss, Jongin set you back on your feet.

“Your water is done.” he announced with a smile and you grinned back at him. You pulled out the coffee and sugar from the cabinets and milk from the fridge, making the two of you a steaming cup of coffee. When you were putting back the things, you were interrupted by Jongin’s laugh.

“You’re really tired, aren’t you?” he asked you with a smile as you cocked an eyebrow at him.

“What are you talking about?” with his head shaking, he came over to you and pulled the sugar you put in the fridge and replaced it with the carton of milk sitting innocently in the cabinet.

“Well…I might be…a little…yeah…” you only muttered under your breath, trying to dodge the topic of you being disoriented when tired.

“So where are we going today?” quickly changing the topic, you smiled up at him, grabbing your coffee and blowing on it. Jongin hummed in thought, leaning against the counter close to you- you basically felt the heat radiating off his body, being oh-so inviting- you just wanted to wrap yourself in him and stay there forever.

“I had a few ideas, but I think he should make a movie date.” your eyes must’ve given away your enthusiasm about that idea, because he laughed.

“Yeah, I kind of felt that we could have a movie marathon.” Without another thought, you slammed down your cup, almost breaking it in the process and looking him dead in the eye with such a serious expression, Jongin’s smile faltered.

“Lord of the Rings.”

“W-what?”

“Let’s have a Lord of the Rings marathon.”

“Oh-okay?” There was a sudden surge of energy in your body at the mentioning of your favorite movies, as you looked for popcorn, before throwing two packs at Jongin.

“You’re on popcorn duty, I’ll get the fort ready.” Jongin mock saluted you, basically asking to get smacked for it as you passed him to push your coffee table from in front of the couch, so you could open it up. You then threw a few of your pillows from your bed on there, dimming the room and setting up the DVD player with all the discs you needed. After a longer thought, you dashed back into your bedroom, grabbing your thick blanket and opening the windows in your living room. It didn’t take long for the chilly air to fill the room, making you flee for warmth under the covers.

“Hurry up~!” you called to Jongin, trying to make yourself be heard over the aggressive popping of the kernels in the microwave.

“10 more seconds!” Jongin called back, and you settled deeper in your little made nest, reaching over for your remote and browsing through the menu, as if you were to find something interesting there.

“Wow, it’s cold here.” Jongin noted as he came in, a popcorn bowl in one hand and a bottle of Coke in another. You nodded, patting the free space beside you.

“I love to watch movies with a fresh breeze.” you said, throwing the blanket over him and turning on the movie, settling back into his open arms.

As much as you loved Lord of the Rings- as much as you loved having a movie marathon, it was impossible for you to stay awake and conscious. At first, both of you were facing the television, absorbed in the hobbit wedding and yet a few minutes later you were wrapping your arms and legs around him and snuggling into the crook of his neck.

It wasn’t your fault Jongin was so comfortable. Everything about him was so safe, so familiar- the way he squeezed you back just to ensure you that he was there, he was real. The way he would kiss the crown of your head every once in a while, snuggling to you closer.

He chuckled once you threw your leg over his waist, pulling yourself even closer to him. You were pretty sure you looked like a boa constrictor when attacking his prey.

“Didn’t you say that you love Lord of the Rings?”

“I do, but you’re too comfy to concentrate~…” you mumbled, the exhaustion causing your voice to sound cute.

“You know, if you wanted to cuddle, you could’ve just said something.” his voice was cheeky and even though you couldn’t see him, you could picture the grin he had on your face. You whined, squeezing him for him to be quiet.

“Okaaa~y, I just want to cuddle, can we just cuddle and watch the movie?”

Jongin laughed, his whole frame shaking against you.

“I guess I did volunteer to be your Jongin-bear, huh?”

“I guess you did.”