55. YIXING- Falling asleep in a strange place

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Hello dearies! 

Here's another update x3 I just got an idea, so...roll with it kekeke x3

-

Yixing was getting nervous- it never took Jongin so long to return from a job. His absence could be explained due to many factors, but there was only one popping into Yixing’s head at the moment, and it was that Jongin was caught.

He ruffled his hair in frustration, burning holes into the pre-paid phone on the kitchen table. If anything, he was supposed to get a call from the young burglar, telling him what was the problem and how they should solve it. The silence it gave the older man didn’t help anything- it only conjured up more ideas in Yixing’s head about the whereabouts of his partner.

He could’ve been caught, and right now, in prison, sitting to be decided what was to be done with him and all the crimes he has done in the past. Or he could’ve gotten shot by a trigger-happy security at the bank. Or he could’ve crashed when he was running away. The scenarios in his head grew scarier every minute, and Yixing was almost on his way to call Jongin himself.

But the younger male beat him to it, making Yixing jump in surprise at the violent vibration which sent the table rumbling angrily. Jongin’s name flashed on the screen and Yixing didn’t waste any second in answering.

“Jongin! What-“

“Hyung, we might have a problem.” The younger male didn’t hesitate to interrupt him. No , Yixing thought bitterly in his head.

“What is it?”

“I…I can’t explain it. It’s just…”

“Just what, Jongin? Are you okay?”

“Y-yeah. I’m fine. I just…had some complications and…you’ll see in a minute for yourself.” Yixing rubbed at his forehead, already feeling the headache coming on strong.

“ing hell, Jongin…”

“I’m gonna be there in five. Wait for me outside. I’ll need your help.” And before Yixing could do anything (like oppose, or whine), Jongin was hanging up, the beeping of the disconnected call ringing in Yixing’s ear. The Chinese male had to suppress the need to chuck the prepaid phone at the wall, cursing in his native tongue.

Why anything couldn’t go smoothly in this gang, he thought sulkily as he rushed down the stairs, triggered by the sound of a revving car in the street. He knew Jongin’s reckless driving by heart now, and he could offer his right hand that it was the talented burglar racing down the street like he was on a track.

Granted, this wasn’t the easiest heist they’ve pulled off, but it certainly was manageable. What could possibly complicate this to such an extent that Jongin would sound so stressed on the phone?

The black sports car appeared in the street, screeching to a halt right in front of Jongin.

“Hyung, the trunk!” Jongin yelled, looking behind him nervously. There was a faint sound of sirens in the back, a sign that he had been followed here. Wasting no time, Yixing popped the trunk, ready to take out any loot Jongin was able to snatch.

What halted him in his actions was the sleeping form of a girl, bound and gagged in the back, as if she didn’t just experience the most reckless drive in her life.

“Jongin, what the fu-“

“Hyung, I’ll explain everything later, just take her and the bag, so I can dump the car.”

“Jesus Christ…” Yixing tried his best to lift you up gently, not to wake you, but the softest touch had you stirring and making you realize where you were. Your fight immediately returned, and you struggled in Yixing’s arms.

“C-calm down, I won’t-ugh-“ You couldn’t say you weren’t proud of yourself when you were able to knee the unknown male in the stomach, the breath rushing out of his body in a huff. Yet it probably wasn’t the smartest move, as the care in his touch disappeared, and he flung you over his shoulder, one arm wound strongly around your legs to keep you in place, other holding the bag of cash Jongin stole from the bang.

Using his leg to shut the trunk, Yixing yelled at the younger to drive, and Jongin was gone with a screech of tires against the pavement.

Your struggling could attract attention, something Yixing dearly hoped to avoid, so he was lunging at the door to their hideout within seconds of adjusting everything in his hold. He couldn’t understand what you wanted to tell him, but he could bet a whole lot of money that it was filled with curses and threats.

“I’m not going to hurt you, alright? You can make this a whole lot easier if you wouldn’t-“ Yixing didn’t anticipate your leg bending, attempting to kick him in the face. He dodged the attack by mere inches.

“Holy , woman, why couldn’t you stay asleep?” He growled under his breath as he opened the door to their apartment, closing it shut with his leg. The locks were left forgotten for now, the bag of loot dumped by the number of discarded shoes.

Your attempts to free yourself were borderline hysterical. You trashed in his hold, hoping to slide off his shoulder and maybe be able to jump out the window.

Anything, even dying, would be better than staying here, in a criminal lair, with at least two very dangerous villains.

“Just stop struggling!” Yixing spoke with a sense of annoyance, bending his knees and using a swinging momentum to drop you off his shoulder. For a split of a second you thought he would slam you against the cold floor, but your breath was knocked out of you when your back connected with a futon.

No matter how soft the mattress under you, it still made you lose your breath, and with the duct tape on your mouth, it was impossible to get it back.

The burglar above you was vaguely familiar. His features called out to you, plump lips pressed tightly together, brows furrowed as he inspected you from head to toe. Your attempts to gasp in some air was unsuccessful and you thought with a panicked pang to your heart that you might suffocate behind the gag, and there was no one to know what happened to you.

He was so familiar, though. It was strange how your brain entertained itself with such a thought when you were fighting for your life. You were sure you have met him before. He…could he be from…maybe from school?

Yixing caught on quickly what was happening. With every passing moment your fighting spirit declined more and more, almost as if accepting your fate. What he first thought were sobs turned into attempted gasps, and that’s when he realized you weren’t crying, you were trying to take a breath.

And so without another second gone, he was ripping the duct tape off your lips, leaving a stinging sensation in its wake. Your gasp of breath resonated in the apartment, before it left you and you took another one, looking at the thief above you with wide, scared eyes. Yixing made no move to shut you up- he was watching you with concerned eyes, his body easing from locking you to the mattress so you could breathe easier. When your breathing went back to normal, he couldn’t help the sigh that passed his lips and he rubbed at his eyes in annoyance.

When you looked at his hand, you couldn’t suppress that gasp of surprise. That scar on his wrist.

And what you said next had him freezing in his place.

“Y-Yixing?”