40. CHEN- Thunderstorms

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Hello there! :3

First of all, I'd like to apologize for being missing so long ^^; I had a crazy couple of months, and I didn't really have time for writing. Having said that, I fear my writing as gotten a bit rusty, so I hope you'll bear with me through these first few of one-shots...they might be a bit..bad ^^;

Either way, this is also for a special friend of mine. She's having her finals tomorrow and Chen is her bias, so I hope this will bring her sleep easily tonight, so she can rock the finals as I know she can. So please, enjoy :3

-

You weren’t a fan of this.

Not at all, as the strong wind pushed against your window, and you heard it groan under the pressure.

Yet, you still had the sadistic obsession of watching it reign. You jumped away from the window at the sudden burst of light and the rumbling crack of the thunder that followed after.

“This is quite a storm…” you muttered with fascination, wrapping your arms around yourself. You saw another flash, and the noise triggered the alarms on the cars parked in the streets. The powerful element stormed on, and you couldn’t help but watch its terrible play.

You had no idea why you were standing here- you were afraid of thunderstorms since you were a little child. The little bastard of an older brother you had telling you were afraid of it because you were killed by thunder in your past life didn’t help much. Although later on you found out there was no such thing as being killed by thunder, it didn’t quite dispel your fear of it in the long run. For many years you’ve been pathetically hiding from the storm or at any sign of it coming up.

The moment you heard rumbling in the air, or a small flash of lightning in the sky, you were heading straight for cover. When you couldn’t find any, your body went into panic mode and you curled in on yourself, closing your eyes tightly and counting every second that passed between lightning and thunder to know where the storm was and how far was it from you.

Even now, you felt your knees buckling in the slightest need to protect yourself from the element.

It’s really not that bad, you tried to persuade yourself, gazing out of the window, only to scream out when the lightning illuminated another person standing right behind you. It sent you flying, but two reassuring arms shot out to grab onto you and keep you in place.

“Wow, wow, calm down. It’s just me.” You always heard that smile in his voice. You don’t think you’ve ever seen him not smiling.

Your own personal healer from your deathly fear of thunderstorms. How ironic, that out of all people you had to end up with a thunder wielder.

“You scared the hell out of me.” You accused Jongdae in a harsh whisper, punching his shoulder. The brown-haired man laughed, shaking his head.

“Sorry, love. I didn’t mean to.”  He brought you in, kissing the top of your head lovingly. Slowly, you felt your heartbeat steady and instead of punching, your arms latched around the sturdy body of your partner.

“I woke up and you weren’t in bed. I got worried.” He confessed and you snorted softly, kissing his collarbone.

“So you went and made a storm to prevent me from leaving the house?” Jongdae chuckled, a sound so warm and loving.

“You think I’d do that to you? My, what do you think of me?”  He gasped in a mock tone and you giggled, leaning up to kiss his pouty lip.

“Only the worst, as usual.” Jongdae glared at you and a thunder clashed by so close, you jumped into his arms, holding his arms.

“You were saying?”

“That you’re the best thing that happened to me and I’ll love you forever, if you’ll-“

“I know.” His tone was soothing, and just as you looked up at him to find him smiling down at you with that grin of his, you felt the outside world calm down a bit. The lightning wasn’t as aggressive as before and the roaring of thunder turned into small rumbles.

“Come back to bed with me?” Jongdae asked quietly, as if not to break the quiet magic and you leaned up to kiss him on the lips.

You weren’t quite a fan of thunderstorms, but with Jongdae nearby, you could handle them.