56. CHANYEOL- Getting locked out of your car.

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

No matter how hard I try, it seems that the supernatural AU will always pull me back where I belong... Enjoy! <3

-

This evening , and what even more was that you couldn’t even drink.

Sitting at the bar, clutching the tea that made you feel so alienated from other customers of this marvelous pub, you tried your best to ignore the itch that wanted to reach for your phone again.

To check the time. To check if he sent you a text.

You were a proud woman, though. You wouldn’t look at the phone anymore, because knowing how many minutes (could it be more than an hour now?) you waited for him would damage your ego greatly.

You didn’t even know why you agreed to meet him- you were a very strong supporter of the saying “Just like a cigarette light a second time doesn’t taste good, second chances in a relationship always end tragic”, but here you were, sitting in a shady pub, in a shady neighborhood, waiting for your good-for-nothing ex-boyfriend to come. It was him who set this up. It was him who wrote to you on a daily basis, making you think he has really changed.

But you were the stupid one, believing he could really do so, and not ditch you in a place like this.

Today in other aspects as well- from school, to your family, they all seemed to be out to get you. You thought that maybe driving out here and talking to him would make you feel better (but wandering back to that, in what universe you thought that would be the right thing to do, you didn’t understand), and that you could end this day somewhat decently.

Well, today, the universe wasn’t in your corner, it seems.

Some stares you got from apparent regulars were getting borderline troubling, and the evening neared to midnight. There wasn’t a better time to leave than this, you thought with a small nod, paying for your tea and gathering your belongings just as quickly and calmly as you could muster. Trying to ignore the looks that followed you like a hungry dog would eye meat, you slipped from the smoke-filled place into the dark street. The lights didn’t work exactly well, flickering here and there and giving the road a sinister feeling. You fought against the shiver that dearly wanted to pass your body and you set out for your car.

But the small start you got when you heard the bar door creak behind you, someone else going out, you couldn’t fight. Stealing a small glance behind you, you realized with a whine that it was the man who couldn’t keep his eyes off you inside, following you while swaying from side to side from apparent alcohol misuse. Your stride quickened, and you immediately started rummaging through your purse for your keys. The car was in front of you, just a few more yards and you can get to it, when your blood ran cold and you almost halted.

You couldn’t find your keys.

They were nowhere to be found- not in the compartment where you usually keep them, not in your side pockets, not even in your jacket, or pants. Your car was an older one, with no automatic lock, and your legs shook uncontrollably when you resumed your walk to the car.

And there, on the floor, you saw the gleam of a keychain you got from your best friend.

For some crazy reason, you hoped you didn’t lock your car before you got out, and so you rattled with the handle frantically. It didn’t budge, and you felt the need to crumble to the floor.

A chuckle passed the air, and you turned around to face the man- he was nearing, getting closer. You tried to find your voice, to tell him to stay back, to tell him to leave you be, but you couldn’t do anything else than to sob silently.

What would he do once he gets to you? Could you dream to run? The neighborhood was too far away from any normal town area, and you had no idea where (or if) there is a police station nearby. You were completely lost, knowing only of the route you took to get here.

Calling out for help couldn’t work- all the windows were black, or boarded up. Why did you even think of going here?

Already, your mind started thinking up a scenario how to get away from here as uninjured as possible. Would giving him your purse be enough? You didn’t have much cash, but you had a card, maybe that would suffice? Other alternatives or things he wanted from you, you didn’t want to think of.

He was so close now, and he still hasn’t said a word- he kept his sinister grin on his face, and the sway from his stride disappeared. He no longer looked drunk- he looked scarily sober, knowing what he wanted.

“He brought me a nice treat.” Was the first thing he said, and you pressed up against your car in fear- there was something so…so dangerous in his tone, and as he passed from unlit parts of the street into the street lamp light, he seemed to look less human and more monstrous. There was a second you thought his eyes were a strange color, but there was no time to look into that, because he somehow passed a great distance between you and him within seconds, and had you pressed up against the car, one hand clamped over your mouth and other holding you tight so you wouldn’t move.

You trashed in his arms, your panicked scream muffled by his disgusting hand when he tilted your head to the side and you felt his breath fan over your goose-bumped skin. Your struggling did nothing to stop him, it didn’t even seem to faze him. He only held you tighter, pressing you against the car with unnatural strength. You were sure if he squeezed just a bit tighter, he could break bones.

What was with this day? How…what was happening?

Is this the way you’re going to die?

All your confused questions were wiped from your mind, when you heard a feral snarl somewhere from the sidewalk. The man seemed to be affected by it as well, because he froze, the fangs elongated from his mouth just mere hair strands from your throat.

“If you want to keep your head, I suggest you back off.” Came a deep voice with grave calm. It didn’t even sound like a threat- it was a well-meant suggestion, and the creature looming over you seemed to take it into consideration.

“Chanyeol, come on…” he tried to haggle, his grip on you loosening.

“I haven’t eaten in days…I’m starving…and my slave offered me this gift…can’t you smell how enticing she is?” the thing took a deep breath from the crook of your neck and your struggles renewed, fighting him with sobbing screeches muffled behind his hand.

“I’m willing to share, if your kind is into something like this.”

“You’re going to let her go, now.” Another snarl carried through the air and this time, the creature didn’t seem to anticipate it, as his grip lessened to such an extent, that with a burst of adrenaline you kicked him in the stomach, shoving him away. He stumbled back in apparent surprise and you made a run for the only thing that seemed to be safe right now, for the voice standing on the sidewalk behind your car.

You heard a hiss from the offended being (you weren’t so cocky to think that you could’ve injured him), cursing you out. Picturing it lunging at you from behind, you ran into the already waiting arms without any uncertainty, burying your face in a warm chest.

Strong arms enveloped your body and held you close to a sturdy frame, lifting you off the ground from ease to shield you from the oncoming being.

“That’s close enough, leech.” His voice gained the dangerous rumble once again, yet you still couldn’t find yourself to be more scared of the stranger than the apparently vampiric creature in front of you.

“You can’t expect me to let her go alive now!” the thing screeched out, his voice laced with so much hate and anger your body shook with scared sobs. Maybe your great idea to hurt him wasn’t so good, after all.

“That’s exactly what I expect you to do.” Was your savior’s reply, a reply the beast probably didn’t want to hear, because he seemed to near you with another hiss filled with promise of hurt.

The tall stranger pushed you behind him rather roughly, and you couldn’t help that you stumbled to the floor. The roar he released was nothing like you’ve ever heard before- it shook the foundations of the dinky houses around you. You could’ve sworn the ground trembled for a moment, as the man stared the vampire down, body coiled and ready to pounce if he ever thought of coming closer.

The vampire was smarter than he looked, because he instinctively lowered in defeat before the mighty man. Even if the thing wanted to do anything else, he knew that one bad move, and he would be ripped to shreds.

And so with a last, defiant hiss, the thing crept back into the shadows and disappeared from your sight.

It felt like years since either of you moved- you, frozen on the cold winter ground, not daring to move an inch from where you were, hoping you could just disintegrate into thin air and …cease to exist in this universe, because what happened just a few seconds was apparently too much for you.

Your body felt too weak, too weak to stop your arm from buckling and sending your head cracking on the cold pavement. The hit resonated across your skull, made everything even more blurry.

“.” You heard in front of you and warm hands gingerly lifted your head from the ground.

“Are you okay?” his voice was hazy, as if he wasn’t even there. The question itself was so absurd, it made you laugh.

“I…I just got attacked by a vampire? So…no. Not okay.” He chuckled in reply, lifting you from the ground.

“Touché. What’s your name?”

“_-___...”

“___, I’m Chanyeol.” He introduced himself, and you groaned. You were starting to lose your grip on reality, and the stranger, Chanyeol, seemed to notice it.

“, ___. Stay with me. Tell me where you live.”

“I…I…” you weren’t even sure what you were trying to say. And just like that, your consciousness left you swimming in the dark, leaving you with that stranger to do whatever he pleased.