54. JUNMYEON- 3. Falling asleep in a strange place

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

I might've went a bit overboard with this but...enjoy! <3 (I love dorm life so much sometimes???)

-

He knew that letting his eyes off you for even a second was a big mistake. And yet he still did, and that’s why he was doing what he was, running frantically down the dorm hallways, calling your name.

He was passing the rowdy, overcrowded rooms, still surprised that the dorm lady didn’t shut this down yet, although he can imagine she will be coming up in a few moments, and that’s what made his mission even direr.

Junmyeon doesn’t party- being a third-year, he had his share of nights without memories and hangovers that lasted lifetimes. He was completely okay with having a beer or two, nostalgically looking at the enthusiastic first graders getting faced the first week of university and then walking the hallways like ghosts, faces green and expressions horrid, most probably mimicking their feelings well. That’s how he actually met you, on one of these dorm parties.

It was already after midnight, and so they were chased out of the kitchens by the very angry lady and so Minseok ushered a couple of people quickly into their room. The seemingly brilliant idea proved to have a few errors, as the number of strangers eyed each other and rather turned in to converse with the person they knew than to meet someone new.

And that’s when you spoke up, your coffee cup full of rum splashing around when you started to explain excitedly the most stupid drinking game Junmyeon had ever heard. The way your eyes lit up as you described every detail of the game, and moments when you had to stop to drink had him grinning at you. He never realized he could call a freshman drunk of out her brains adorable, but that was the only word that was coming to his mind when he was trying to describe you. Of course, the game stuck. And now Junmyeon and Minseok had a full room of chain-phoning people, roaring loudly when someone made a mistake and had to take a drink.

Unable to help himself, he followed you out onto the balcony when you and a couple of other people had a smoke break. Junmyeon disliked cigarettes- it was a horrible smell and it left a stench that was making his stomach churn, but it was all worth it when he witnessed you destroying a poor IT’s love for dolphins in the most sadistic way possible. You were stopped only by your friend when you got into too much detail of a dolphin’s destructive , details that made the six feet tall freshman throw the cigarette over the rail and step back in. Through the blinds, Junmyeon could see him take a big swig from his bottle and Junmyeon wasn’t quite sure if he shuddered from the taste of the alcohol going down his throat or the graphic memories you implanted in his mind.

As you were being told off by your friend, you had this most shocked look on your face, and it got him an elbow to the ribs from Minseok, who by now caught on to his little fascination of the loud, drunk freshman. Putting your cigarette out, you shrugged, taking another sip from your self-proclaimed Captain cup, and returned back to the room, already plotting how to sabotage the game to make someone drink some more.

“Really?” Minseok asked Junmyeon as only they stood on the balcony, peering into their over-filled room.

“I didn’t think you’d go for her.” Junmyeon shot his friend a look.

“I’m not going for her.” Minseok laughed, slapping his friend’s back goodheartedly.

“Yeah. Sure. Come on, let’s get back so you can catch a seat next to her.”

“Minseok…”

The night continued and thanks to your game people got drunker and drunker, but also friendlier. The atmosphere of the room changed- there were no longer unsure glances around the room, no more shy smiles. It warmed up quickly, and soon enough the dorm lady was banging on their door, insisting they keep quiet or she will force them to disperse. Her warning didn’t help much, because your game was going into a and bursts of laughter were coming in every minute.

Looking around the room, Junmyeon realized you ducked out for a while. Sometime during the night, he borrowed you his shirt and hoodie, unable to reject you when you came after him shivering, asking for something warm. He found you out on the balcony, cigarette between your lips, eyes closed in concentration.

Deciding to join you, you stood side by side quietly, before you spoke up. And he had no idea how long you stood there, conversing about basically anything that came to your mind, through TV series to books that you recommended to him (revealing you were an English major in the process), all the people left and Minseok was chasing them out also, whining that he was tired and he needed to sleep.

Having no other place to go, and you complaining that you were very hungry (and also very drunk, you didn’t forget to add in), Junmyeon guided you to the kitchen, popping his still existing stash of home-cooked food into the microwave.

Your talk continued until four a.m., when you were already dozing off on the table, stomach sated and the dizziness of your head lessened by the food you ate. Junmyeon walked you back to your room, and was rewarded with a pretty smile before you bid him good night and wished him luck in his morning class that was about to begin in three hours, closing the door on him. He was so captivated by the smile that he even completely forgot you were still fully clad in his clothing, and when he came back to his room, he realized you left your leather jacket on his desk. Meaning that you would see each other again.

And see each other again you did. After swapping back your clothes (his shirt smelled so much like you, he wondered if you just didn’t sleep in it that night), you decided on having dorm dinners together. He didn’t mind walking that one floor up to you, and by the time both of you were done with classes and homework, it was late enough that all the kitchens were abandoned, leaving them to the two of you.

And you ate. And you talked about anything and everything. And Junmyeon found himself falling for you bit by bit every time he saw you. He couldn’t help himself- there was just something he saw in you that he has never seen before. Something that kept bringing him back, leaving him hanging on what you said. And by the way you seemed to enjoy his company, faking anger when he messaged you he couldn’t make it to dinner had him assuming that you might like him a bit, too.

“What’s wrong, Myeon?” Chanyeol asked him, beer helmet on his head as he emerged from a random room. Junmyeon shook his head at his friend, declining the offered beer.

“Just looking for ___.” The giant understood quickly, a -eating grin growing on his face.

“Problems with the wife, I see.”

“No-“

“Has she finally escaped?”

“Chanyeol-“

“Runaway bride? Sehun must’ve done it, that little .”

“I swear to god-“

“I can imagine they are halfway to Ro-“

“Chanyeol, for Christ’s sakes, can you just tell me if you saw her?” Junmyeon interrupted his friend, trying to calm his need to pull on his hair.

“Sorry, my friend.” Chanyeol patted his back.

“I have no idea where your runaway bride might be. Just try the rooms, she must be here somewhere.”

Exactly. But in their 11-floored dorm, the number of rooms was too big. Especially when the drunk college idiots decided to play hide and seek. And you turning into a five-year old when you drink, thought that was the greatest idea since sliced bread.

Junmyeon sighed. He might as well start from the beginning, from your room.

He ignored your best friend walking by, roaring the “ready or not, here I come” phrase while stomping down the hall and slid into your opened room. It was pitch black there, and Junmyeon was ready to turn on his heel, when he heard something from the darkness.

Was that…a snore?

Deciding against turning the lights on, he pulled out his phone, being guided by the faint light of his screen. But your bed was vacant. Even your friend’s bed. What the hell…

Another soft snort was heard, and it came from your desk. Junmyeon froze at the thought.

No…could you?

You definitely were small enough, but…really?

Walking over to your desk, he already noticed your movable drawers were a bit pulled out. And crouching under the table, he found what he was looking for.

You were squished between the wall and the drawers, hands holding on to your knees, your head lolled to the side. You lips were slightly parted, and soft noises came from them.

You were so drunk, Junmyeon thought with a quiet laugh, as he shook you awake as gently as possible. You still woke up with a startled snort.

“What?”

“You were playing hide and see-“

“JUNMYEOOON~!” you seemed to finally realize who was crouching in front of you.

You really liked Junmyeon. He was nice. He was smart. He was kind. He also had a nice jawline and since you once barged into his room right after he got out of the shower, you knew he was sculpted like the Greek gods.

You really, really liked Junmyeon. And even though you could control yourself when you were sober, it wasn’t so good while you were drunk.

Ignoring how you bumped your head against the desk, you threw your arms around him, pulling him down. Junmyeon lost his stability and fell forward, right between your parted legs. He was stuck, when you clung to him like a koala, your ankles crossing on his back.

“Junmyeon~” you sung, holding his head to your chest dearly, nuzzling at the top of his head.

Junmyeon’s mind went blank, and he didn’t quite know how to react. Not only you were forcing his head onto your chest, the way your legs were tightening around him was giving him far too many ideas in his head.

And your ing bed was right there, not even two steps away from hi-

“___!” Tao’s voice was heard down the hall and you gasped in genuine fear.

“! He’s gonna find us!” you told Junmyeon, cupping his cheeks so you could look down into his eyes. He still wasn’t quite sure what was happening at that moment.

“So…let’s move?” he tried to offer gently, but you resolutely pushed him back to your chest, legs constricting around him.

“No. Maybe he’ll think we’re just a bag. But we gotta keep silent!” And to emphasize, you whispered lowly into his ear.

“Silent…” Your head stayed just where it was, resting against his shoulder. And the whole scene became static.

Junmyeon tried to get your attention, calling your name gently, but the only reaction he got was the tightening of legs around him to warn him not to speak. The two of you listened silently to the way Tao was frantically searching each room, slowly but surely moving to you.

Junmyeon’s arms were aching. They were desperately trying to hold himself up not to squish you under his weight, but he couldn’t last any longer.

And so he shifted. Moving up to his knees, he was finally able to fit into the small space you created under your desk, his hands bracing against the wall. He didn’t quite get how you would shift completely with him, and now that he noticed you, the whole atmosphere changed.

You were pressed against the wall, your legs still around his waist, yet this time they were there loosely, just gently squeezing at his sides (and making him feel beautiful things) with your hands on his shoulders, the material of his shirt. Almost unsure if you wanted to pull him closer or keep him just where he is.

There was a tangible feeling in the air, something that made his chest tighten with the need to lean in closer. Especially when you were looking at him that way, the drunk blush still reigning over your cheeks, eyes half-lidded and lips parted. Everything about you was just so inviting, Junmyeon almost couldn’t help himself. He was so lost in his thought, he just barely heard you whisper his name.

“Hm?” he wasn’t quite sure if he would be able to form complete sentences in this state.

“Are you gonna just stay there, or are you gonna kiss me already?” your sentence was slurred, the alcohol obvious on your tongue. The small fists tightened in his shirt, evident in their effort to pull him to you.

“W-what?” his stuttered question didn’t stop him from doing just as you asked, moving in oh so much closer, his chest pressing up against your, faces so close your noses almost bumped together. He was so close, he could feel the softness of your lips being just a whisper away from him…the lips he has dreamt of for a while now…

“Kiss me…” you whispered, lips already brushing against his and Junmyeon did just as you asked, cupping your cheek gingerly before kissing you fully. His other hand wrapped around your waist, hauling you up into his lap to have a better grip on you, and you didn’t seem to mind with that small, surprised mewl that escaped your lips, arms wrapping around his neck to pull him down, pull him closer that much more…

Your lips were just as he imagined them. Nothing could ruin this feeling for him right now, and he didn’t give a damn if Tao were to find the two of you like this. The only thing that mattered was you, the way you moved against him, the way you seemed to enjoy to with small nips to his lower lip, giggling at the grunts that he let out when you did. The way your hands bunched in his hair, pulling when he did the same to you, a blissful sigh escaping your lips.

The night progressed in a way which Junmyeon would never have imagined, but he was so glad that it’s going the way it is. The kiss seemed to last for ages, at least that’s what he thought.

It also felt like mere seconds, just because of the way it ended.

In a moment, your before very responsive body went limp. Hands fell back on his shoulders and you slumped back against the wall, knocking your head if Junmyeon still wasn’t cradling your cheek. Junmyeon froze.

What happened?

“___?” He whispered quietly, voice still husky from your previous actions. There was no reply and Junmyeon’s heart clenched in fear.

“___?” he asked a bit louder now, patting your cheek to get some reaction from you. The only thing he got in reply was a soft snore, and Junmyeon’s heart stopped beating for a second, his confidence plummeting to the ground.

You couldn’t have…you didn’t….did you?

There is no way…you…did this…

“It wouldn’t be you if you hadn’t done something like this, now would it?” he whispered with a sigh to your sleeping form, gathering you up in his arms as he tried to maneuver the two of you from under the desk.

It wouldn’t be you, if you hadn’t fallen asleep in the middle of your first kiss.