Unexpected Plans

She's Into Me

AMBER's POV

 

When I reach at the Bae's, Suzy is the one who opened the door for me. I greeted her with a smile and she greet me too, but with a faint smile. I wonder what's wrong because it seems that my best friend looks unhappy. When I got inside, in the living room, I am so surprise to see my parents with her parents. It seems to mee that they are discussing somehing important. They called us to join them and I sat down on the chair just beside Suzy. Our Mom are sitting on the couch while our dad are sitting on the chairs opposite to us.

 

"What's the occassion?" I whispered to Suzy.

 

"Now that you both are here, I think we should proceed to our important discussion here."my Dad said which shifted my attention to them. "Amber, you and Suzy are now in college,and we all think that you two are in the right age to get married."he continued as he turned to me. I got puzzled on what he just said.

 

"Okay, I will ask my..."

 

"So we have decided that you and Suzy to get married."he added which makes my eyes widened and jaw drop open.

 

I can't believe what my Dad had just said. He want me to marry mu best friend. What the heck! I look at Suzy and she just hanging her head low.

 

"Dad, it is not a funny joke, okay."I said to him as I tried to chuckled but they got their serious face on.

 

"We are not joking honey, we want to joing our family. The Bae's and the Liu's."Mom said to me.

 

"We know that you really care for our daughter, Amber. I and your Uncle Bae will entrust her to you."Mrs. Bae told me with a lovely smile.

 

"We had already set a date for you, your wedding will be held next month."Uncle Bae said happily.

 

SUZY's POV

 

Like Amber, I got surprise too of what our parents had agreed to do. I know that my best friend is in love with Krystal that is why instead of feeling happy about this marriage, I felt unhappy instead. Amber is my happiness but her happiness is not me. I can't marry a person who doesn't love me as a woman. My attention was shifted to Amber when she suddenly got up. When I look at her, I can see that she is angry.

 

"I'm sorry Uncle and Auntie Bae, but I already have a girlfriend and I can't marry your daughter Suzy."she said to them as she bow them 90 degree. Our parents got surprise of what she had said. I got up to and do the same in front of them.

 

"I can't marry Amber too, Uncle and Auntie Liu. I'm sure we will be both unhappy if you force us to get married."I said to them as I apologized.

 

"Amber, you are fully aware that you are going against my will,aren't you?"Mr. Liu said with a stern voice.

 

"I am Dad."Amber answered without lifting up her head.

 

"So, you know what you need to do."Mr. Liu said as he looked away from her.

 

"Yeobo."Mrs. Liu called her husband as she go near him. "Don't be like this to her."

 

"Suzy, go to your room."Dad said to me.

 

"But Dad.."

 

"Let's go honey."Mom said to me as she drag me upstairs.

 

I know that Amber's father is going to punish her. I don't know what punishment he will going to give to Amber but he is always hard on her.

 

"Mom, don't let Uncle Liu do anything to Amber."I said to my Mom. "Convince him not to do anything to her or put a heavy punishment on her."I pleaded to my Mom when we got into my room.

 

"I will honey."she replied with reassuring smile. "But knowing your Uncle Liu, you know he doesn't listen to anyone, right?"

 

"Why you have decided to marry us anyway?!" I asked her with a higher tone of voice.

 

"Becaue your Uncle Liu need a successor in the company. He wants Amber to succeed him. Since in business world, the female CEO is always underestimated by others, Amber's marriage to you will be a perfect cover for her identity."she explained to me.

 

"But Amber has a girlfriend Mom, he should as her to ask her girlfriend to marry her."I answered my Mom.

 

"Didn't you know that your Uncle Liu is not in good terms with the Jung?"she said to me in raise brows. "The Jung's is their number one competetor in business."