Meeting Her Grandparents

She's Into Me

KRYSTAL's POV

 

Amber hasn't change. She is still this kindhearted Amber that I knew before. When she hold my hand, it makes my heart race. Hearing her comforting words, wipes the sadness that I felt. I wish I was married to her instead, I will be more happy. The next morning, the rain didn't stop yet. When I got downstairs, Amber isn't awake yet so I decided to prepare some breakfast for us. I am not a good cook just like her but there is no harm in trying right? Besides I  will just cook some eggs, bacon and hotdog. What can possibly go wrong, right?

 

"Slightly burnt bacon, sunny side-up and hotdog. I am really a great cook!" I said in frustration and let out a deep sigh. Before I can get rid of the evidence of my failure, Amber had already walk in the kitchen.

 

"Good morning."she greeted me with her dorky smile.

 

"G-Good morning."I replied with an awkward smile.

 

"What did you got there?"she asked me as she tried to look at the food. "Did you cook some food for breakfast?"she asked me sounding excited.

 

"Y-Yeah, but I don't think it's edible."I said to her timidly as I show the burnt foods. Amber looked at it with raise brows.

 

"Well, I like crunchy food and slightly burnt one."she said to me with her dorky smile.

 

Amber eat the food that I had prepared for our breakfast. I feel happy and glad while watching her eating it. She had finish it all.

 

"I'm so full."she said as she lean back in her seat and rub her stomach. "Thanks for the food, it was super delicious."she said to me with her dorky smile.

 

"Your welcome."I answered to her and chuckled.

 

AMBER's POV

 

I didn't expect that Krystal doesn't know how to cook. I want to burst out from laughter but I don't want to offend her. Even if it is slightly burnt, I still find it delicous. I don't usually eat burnt food. I think,maybe because I wanted to cheer her up and made her happy, I decided to give it a try. After we eat our breakfast,the rain had finally stop.

 

"I think I can take you to Daegu now." I said to her.

 

"J-Just give me a few minutes to get ready."she replied to me with a faint smile and went upstairs.

 

She just keep silent while we our driving on our way into her granparents house. It took us a two hours drive before we finally arrive in our destination. We greeted them with a smile.

 

"Omo, is this our grandson-in-law? Soojungie, I told you not to marry a handsome man, they will just fool around."grandma Jung said to her jokingly. I got a little bit surprise of what she said.

 

"Uhm grandma,..."

 

"I am not her husband, Halmoni. I am just her friend. My name is Amber Liu."I said to grandma Jung. I face-palmed myself for telling her my last name. I notice that she got surprise when she heard it. She look at me and then to Krystal.

 

"Soojung, does your father know that you are friends with him?"Grandma asked.

 

"Uhm, n-not really, grandma."Krystal ansered weakly. Then grandma looked at me intently.

 

"You are aware that your Dad is not in good terms with her Dad, don't you?"Grandma asked.

 

"Y-Yes, Halmoni. But it doesn't mean that I can't be friends with Krystal, right?" I replied.

 

"Well, since you look like you are a good person, I will allow you to be friends with my granddaughter."she replied with a smile. "Your fathers are both acting like a child."she continued and chuckled.

 

Krystal and I looked at each other looking a little bit surprise and we both chuckled. Grandma Jung invited me inside and I meet Grandpa Jung. He got this sharp eyes like Krystal and Jessica do. Since I need to keep my true gender, I told Krystal not to tell them that I am really a girl. Grandpa Liu look at me from head to toe. I feel nervous when I see the way he look at me. It seems like he will going to skin me alive. Krystal and Grandma then left us alone in the living room.

 

"Want some soju?"he asked me as he handed me one bottle of it. I want to refuse but, I don't think he will accept that answer from me.

 

"T-Thank you,Sir." I answered as I accept the bottle.

 

"I know that my granddaughter isn't happy in her husband right  now. But I hope you won't take advantage of her situation and ruin her marriage."Grandpa Jung said to me which got me a little bit surprise.

 

"I know, Sir."I answered with a faint smile.

 

"But I can see that she is happy with you around her. So I am asking you to stay beside her, if it is fine with you."he continued which made me look at him. "Stay beside her as her friend."

 

"I will!" I answered with assurance. Grandpa flash a faint smile at me.