Odd Meeting

She's Into Me

AMBER's POV

 

I was really hurt when Krystal had dump me. I decided to agree to my Dad and chose to continue my study in L.A. I keep my real gender, it's really hard to act as a guy. I indulge myself in my studies and different activities too just to forget Krystal. It's been five years now since the last time I left Korea. I am the one now running our company and my sister has her own business too. I know that Krystal is married now. I admit that I can still pain in my chest but not as painful as before.

 

"Amber, you are now 25, you should find a girlfriend and get married."Mom told me when we are having a breakfast. She is always saying this to me.

 

"Mom, why you are always pestering me about it? Jackie had already gave you a nephew and a niece, so you don't have to keep telling me that."I whined to my Mom.

 

"I just want you to feel happy,Am."she said to me with her lovely smile.

 

"I'm happy Mom."I answered to her in a flat tone and shove the spoonfull of food into my mouth.

 

"You are lonely, honey."she replied to me.

 

"I'm not."I answered after I swallowed my food.

 

"I really like Suzy to become my daughter-in-law. If only you agreed to be married to her, you will not be lonely right now."she said to me.

 

"If I did that Mom, Suzy will not meet the man that will make her really happy right now."I answered to her and scoffed.

 

"Suzy is a nice and beutiful girl, honey. She is perfect for you."she continued.

 

"Yeah, I got a nice and beautiful bestfriend."I answered and laugh. She just smiled at me.

 

"Anyway honey, your Dad wants you to check our company in Korea. So he wants you to transfer there for a while."Mom said to me which make me pause for a moment.

 

I really never plan to come back in that country ever again. But I think I had been gone too long. I want to see my nephew and niece too and also my friends. I haven't seen them for ages now.

 

"I already book your flight and you will leave tomorrow morning."Mom continued.

 

I flew back to Korea, alone. I think I will be forever alone. I feel excited to see all of them again somehow. I am not hoping neither expecting to see Krystal again. I know there is a great chance that I will be able to see her because Yuri and Jessica are still together. Lucky for my cousin,huh? My sister Jackie had pick me up in the airport together with my four years old nephew Zack and my three years old niece, Emmy.

 

"Shushu, are you going to stay here with us forever?"my nephew Zack asked me when we reach in their house. Shushu is a chinese for Uncle. I was carrying him on my back.

 

"Uhm, just for a while Zack, sorry."I said to him with an apologetic smile.

 

"Aish! I was hoping that you are going to stay here with us."he said to me sounding annoyed. He is really a talkative kid. I put him down when Emmy was lifting her hands up telling me to carry her too, so I did.

 

"Did you miss me, Em?" I asked her and she kiss me on my cheek.

 

"I miss Shushu."she said to me with an eyesmile.

 

"I miss Emmy too."I replied to her.

 

"If you love kids so much, just find a husband or wife."my sister Jackie said to me and chuckled.

 

"I am already married,Jack."I answered to my sister with a smirk.

 

"Married to whom?"she asked me with raise brows.

 

"To our company."I answered and laugh.

 

"Stupid."she mumbled as she playfully hit me on my shoulder. "Anyway, I already bought a house for you to stay. I hope you will like it, just like you wanted, it is located outside the city. A three hours drive going into our company."she said to me.

 

"I'm fine with it. Thanks sis."I continued and flsh a smile.

 

I said my goodbye to them and went to the house that Jackie had bought for me. On my way there, the heavy rain began to pour. It is a little bit difficult for me to see the road because of it and my eyes it not that good too. I almost hit the girl who stand in the middle of the road with her hands waving at me. Good thing I had step on the break and I'm fastened my seatbelt, if not, I will literally hit my head on the steering wheel and run over the girl. She then knock on my wind shield and when I roll it down, my eyes widened when I saw who is it.

 

"Amber?"

 

"Krystal?"

 

We both call each other name in unison, with the same facial expression. I didn't expect that I am going to meet her again now. Her,soaked in the rain and I, almost hit her with my car. What an odd meeting.We just stare each other for a moment, then I gather back my senses.

 

"Get in."I said to her as I open the door in the front seat from inside.

 

Ex's meeting is really awkward and uncomfortable. My heart began to pound when she get in my car. She looks more beautiful now. I mentally calm myself to stop my stupid heart from banging on my chest. From the corner of my eyes, I saw that she is shivering so, I take off my coat and give it to her.

 

"T-Thank you."she replied timidly.