First Guest

She's Into Me

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I was on my way into my grandparents house for a visit but my car broke down in the middle of the road. The worst part was the heavy rain then began to pour from the sky and there is only one in a million chance a car would pass by in this road. I stayed for I don't know how long inside my car, waiting for somebody who could help me. When I glance on the side mirror, I was so glad to see an approaching car. Without a second thought, I step out outside my car on stand in the middle of the road waving at the approaching car to make it stop. I think the driveer didn't see me from afar because I almost got run over to. The distance between the hood of the car and myself is a few inches away. I am already cold so I walk into the driver's side door and knock on the window. When the driver rolled down the car's wind shield, my eyes widened when I saw who it was. And here I am now, sitting beside my ex-grilfriend, succumb by the awkward atmosphere between us.

 

"Where are you heading?"she asked me which broke the silence between us.

 

"To my grandparents house."I answered to her. God, I miss her voice so much.

 

"I will drop you there, just tell me the address."she said to me without her taking her eyes off the road.

 

"In Daegu."I answered to her. "How about you, where are....."

 

"I will take you there."she cut me off.

 

"T-Thanks."I answered.

 

She didn't utter anymore words to me. I am just stealing glances at her. She looks more handsome now. I wonder if she already got a girlfriend. I know that it is impossible for us now because I am alredy married. I really want to spend a longer time with her now but I don't know about her. She didn't even look at me at give stings in my heart.

 

AMBER's POV

 

My heart is pounding really hard in my chest. I can feel her eyes on me. I just pretended that I didn't notice her stealing glances at me. I keep myself from being distracted because of it and  just focus my eyes on the road. Unfortunately, the road going to Daegu was blocked because of landslide. My destination really is just in Daejeon and we already had passed that place. I didn't expect that Krystal will be my first guest in my house.

 

"I think you can just stay in my place for tonight."I said to her.

 

"R-Really?!"she exclaimed happily which made me turn to her. I got a little bit surprise of her reaction. Her smile faded and lowered her head.

 

"Uhm, yeah."I answered after I cleared my throat and start the engine again.

 

"Thank you, Am."she mumbled in a sweet tone of voice which sends a pleasant sound to my ear.

 

I drive back going into my place which is my sister Jackie had bought me. I was fascinated and amazed when I saw the house. It is really a beautiful and well designed house. Good thing my sister had already prepared everything for me. I let Krystal stay in the guest room while I headed to the master's bedroom. I keep walking back in forth, thinking what should I do. I want to get rid of the awkward atmosphere between us and make my heart stop pounding when she is right in front  of me. My attention shifted to my stomach when it starts to complain. Just then I realize that I haven't eaten my dinner yet and I bet Krystal is hungry to so I went downstairs to cook some food for us. I open the fridge and I've seen so many foods stock inside. I cook some stake, this is the only dish that I know how to prepare.

 

"Need some help?" Krystal asked me when she walk in the kitchen. Her fragrant smell was spread in the room.

 

"Just prepare the table."I answered. "Anyway, are you fine with stake for dinner?"

 

"I love stakes."she answered me with a smile and I smiled back at her.

 

"Good."I replied.

 

I think I should just start to become a good friend at her. I know that she is trying hard to become a good friend at me too. But I won't let myself to fall for her again. Once is enough and twice will be too much.

 

"I hope you'll like it." I said to her after I serve the food on the table.

 

"Let's see."she answered with a smirk on her face and put some meat on her plate. She cut a piece and then grab a bite.

 

"So?"I asked.

 

"Hmmm..."she hum as she continue munching the meat inside as I was anticpating for her answer on the edge of my seat. "It's super delicious."she answered with a wide smile on her face.

 

"Thank God you like it."I answered after I blew a short sigh feeling relieved.

 

The atmosphere around us is getting good. In the middle of our dinner, she excuse herself when her phone rang. I just continue in eating my food. I think it is her husband who is calling her. I think Krystal is happy in her marriage right now. I wonder if she already have a kids. If she did, I think they are both beatiful and handsome.

 

"How many kids do you have, right now?"I asked her when she got back.

 

I notice that she got a sad expression in her face when I ask her this. I wonder why. I think my question is not a sensitive one, right?

 

"Are you alright?" I asked her.

 

"Y-Yeah."she answered with a faint smile.

 

"Uhm, just don't answer my question."I said to her.

 

"I can't bear a child, Am. I am sterile."she said weakly.

 

Hearing what she said makes me feel sad as well as sorry for her. I mentally slap myself for asking that question to her. Now I made her feel sad and depress. I ruined the good mood. I hold her hand across the table to comfort her.

 

"There are a lot of other ways for you to have a baby, Krys. So don't feel sad,okay?" I said to her with a smile.