Mother's Arrival

Looking For My Fiance

 

AMBER’s POV

 

My Mom will arrive in Korea today. I feel excited to see her. I keep looking on my wristwatch. I’m anticipating on the edge of my chair for my class to finally end. I’m going to fetch my Mom at the airport, I promise it to her.

 

“You look restless.” Soojung whispered to me. “Are you that really excited?”she scoffed.

 

“It’s been a while since I last saw my Mom, I already miss her so much so of course, I am really excited to see her again.”I whispered back.

 

“When did you last saw her?”she asked me.

 

“Last December.”I answered. “Soojung, you should come with me in the airport, okay?”I said to her.

 

“W-Why do you want me to come with you?” she asked me with furrowed brows.

 

“I told her about you and she said she wanted to meet you. Don’t worry, Key will come with us too.”I said to her and then she nodded her head.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

It made me happy when I heard that he talked about me to his Mom. I think I am really an important person to him. We headed to the airport with our friends. Mrs. Liu is very beautiful and fashionable. Amber introduced me to her. She is nice because she looks delighted when she met me. I notice that Key is close to her, and she treated him as her soon. I still feel awkward around her. She invited me and Key to have dinner with them. We both sit down on the back seat while Amber is driving and Key is in the front seat beside him.

 

“Amber, you should call your cousins to eat dinner with us.”she said when we are on our way into the restaurant.

 

“I already did Mom.”Amber answered to her while looking at the front mirror. He glance at me and I smiled to him.

 

“Soojung, I want to meet your family, invite them to Amber’s birthday.”Mrs. Liu said to me when she turned to me.

 

“A-Ahm, I don’t know if they can attend Mrs. Liu, my parents are still on business trip right now.” I answered to her.

 

“Oh, that’s disappointing.”she mumbled. “If ever they will come home before Amber’s birthday, kindly tell them that I want to meet them.”she continued with a lovely smile.

 

“I will.” I answered with a force smile.

 

“Auntie, is Uncle will come here too?”Key asked her.

 

“They will all come here in Korea to celebrate my dorky son’s birthday.”Mrs. Liu answered with a cheeky smile. Key and I laugh.

 

“Mon, I’m not dork.”Amber protest.

 

“Is he a dork for you, Soojung?”Mrs. Liu asked me.

 

“Definitely, he is!” I answered attentively. Amber glared at me then pout.

 

I have a good conversation with Mrs. Liu. The awkwardness that I feel was gone. She is like Amber, easy to get along with. They offer to give me a ride home but I decline.

 

“Mom, I guess she doesn’t want us to find out where she lives.”Amber mumbled.

 

“I just don’t really want to trouble you.”I answered and force a smile. Amber looked at me with raise brows.

 

“It is already night and it is dangerous for a girl like you to go home alone.”Key said.

 

“Key is right, just let us give you a ride home or if you want, at least let Amber you into your house, Soojung. I insist.”Mrs. Liu said with a graceful smile which made me hard to refuse.

 

“Okay, I will take the second option.”I answered, feeling defeated and sighed.

 

Amber gave me a ride home while Key drive Mrs. Liu going into Yifie’s place. I think she will going to stay there since Amber is only living in an apartment. I took a glance at Amber while we are on our way into my cousin’s house. He looked happy today. I think, maybe because his Mom is already here. I was cut off of my thoughts when I heard him say something.

 

“This is the same direction going into Krystal’s house.”he said to me while looking on the street and houses we passed by.

 

“Oh really? Maybe we are neighbors.”I answered to him and laugh awkwardly.

 

“I think this is the right time for you two to meet. Let’s pay her a visit in their house.”he said to me with a wide grin. My eyes widened when I heard it. It makes me feel nervous too. I quickly think an excuse to make him change his plan.

 

“If you want to pay her a visit in their house, you should call her first.”I said to him. I know she doesn’t have a number of me.

 

“Oh yeah.”he answered.

 

I got puzzled when he suddenly pull over at the side of the road. He grabs his phone from his pocket and dialed a number which I am sure that is not mine. Seeing what he is doing makes me feel worried.

 

“Hi ‘couz, can you give me Krystal Jung’s phone number?”he said.