Special Friend

Looking For My Fiance

 

AMBER’s POV

 

Krystal looks surprise when I told her that I already have a fiancée. I think she can’t believe that someone like me is already engage to someone. I have been engage since I was five years old. I had my first kiss at that young age. It was really stolen from me by my childhood friend.

 

“Y-You already have a fiancée?”she asked with widened eye.

 

“Yeah.” I answer while nodding my head.

 

“Who is your fiancée?”she asked me curiously.

 

“Tell me what’s bothering you first.” I answered to her with a grin. She then furrowed her brows.

 

“Never mind, I already know who your fiancée is.” she said and walks away.

 

I chase her and walk beside her. I wonder who she’s thinking who my fiancée is. We both headed to the cafeteria. We meet our friends there who are busy making fun of each other. Girls’ eyes are glued at them.

 

“The couple has finally arrived.” Key said when he saw me and Soojung.

 

“We are not couple, Key.” Soojung said then glared at me.

 

“But you always hang together so you look like a couple.” Minho said.

 

“Good friends always hang with each other.” I answered.

 

“But you two have something.” Taemin said with a grin on his face.

 

“And you treat Soojung special.” Kai followed.

 

“Don’t make up things that will make us feel uncomfortable.” I said to them and the four just laugh. “Soojung, just ignore this four idiots.” I said to her but she didn’t answer  me.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I wonder what made Kai, Key, Minho and Taemin think that there is something between me and Amber. I know I like Amber but I don’t think that it is obvious to everybody and I don’t think Amber like me the way I like him too. He already have a fiancée, I know where to place myself in his life. I belong to the group that he calls friends and not someone neither important nor special to him. We eat our lunch together. I focus my attention to Kai, I need to like him again, and I must like him.

 

“Kai, did Krystal already reply to your text?” Minho asked him.

 

“Not yet.” Kai answered with disappointment in his voice.

 

“Maybe she is just busy right now.” I said to him.

 

“Yeah, maybe that is it.” he answered and smiles faintly.

 

“You two are always texting each other?” Amber asked curiously.

 

“Almost every day. Kai is always staying late at night because he spent his time talking to Krystal.”Taemin answered with a grin.

 

“Whoa! I didn’t expect you spent that long just to talk to each other.” Amber said with disbelief in his face. Then our eyes met when he glance at me. I just snob him.

 

We talk about me and Kai for the whole lunch time. I really spent most of my time texting Kai and talking to him over the phone these past few days just to distract myself from thinking Amber. I had fun talking to Kai, like what I said before, he has a sense of humor too.

 

“I wonder why Kai still look at other girls.” Amber mumbled while we are walking our way back into our classroom.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

 

“Kai will be engage to someone soon.” Amber answered. “He will just hurt Krystal if he will make her fall in love with him.” He added.

 

Now I have confirmed that Kai is indeed my fiancé. Somehow it made me feel happy a little bit. Kai is a nice guy, and if indeed he makes me fall in love with him, it will make all things better and easier for both of us.

 

“Wait, if you knew that Kai will be engage to someone? Why are you rooting for me before?” I asked him with furrowed brows.

 

“I just want you to realize as soon as possible if what you really feel for him is love or not.” he answered and grin.

 

“You stupid!” I exclaimed and smacked him on his head and walk ahead of him.

 

“Wait for me, Soojung.” he said to me.

 

I didn’t look back at him. He is still rubbing his head when he chase after me and walk beside me. I completely ignore him even in our class. He stop bothering me when I didn’t react on no matter what he do.

 

“Soojung, when is your birthday?” he  asked me after our class.

 

“Why are you asking?” I answered to him while raising my left brows.

 

“Just tell me when is it?”he replied.

 

“October 24.” I answered to him. A wide grin was drawn on his face.

 

“Mine is in September 18.”he said.

 

“I didn’t ask you, stupid!” I answered to him.

 

“I just wanted to inform you so that you can prepare a gift for me.”he said and chuckled. “Anyway, here.”he added while handling me this one rolled paper.

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

When I roll up the paper, I saw a drawing of me. This idiot just draw a sketch of myself. He is really good in it and it made me happy. My foul mood just became better one.

 

“Do you like it?”he asked. I nodded. “I’m glad you liked it.”he smile widely.

 

“Why did you do this?” I asked him.

 

“I got bored earlier so I decided to draw you.”he said and chuckled.

 

“Whatever. It is just a proof that you are always thinking and looking at me.” I said to him and stick my tongue out of him.

 

“Maybe.”he answered and laugh.

 

Maybe I should be contented of our relationship right now. I will just keep my feelings for him. What we have right now are much better than being a real couple. Amber is still sweet to me and treating me special always. Maybe he considered me as his special friend. His attention was transfer to his phone when it vibrates.

 

“Hello Mom.”

 

Oh, it is just his Mom.

 

“Yeah, we already meet again.”

 

I think they were talking about Keiko.

 

“She still looked beautiful Mom more beautiful than she was a kid.” he said and looked at me flashing his lovely dorky smile.

 

He is not talking about you, Soojung.