Apologies

My Sarcastic Wife

No One's POV

L was currently on a business trip that you unfortunately couldn’t come on since you were…ah…”banned” from ever returning there. You grew bored, so you took out your cell phone and had just decided to call him when your phone rang. You looked at the ID and saw "Sandeul ^^" flash on the screen.

You hadn’t seen Sandeul at all after his confession. You had to admit that you missed hanging out with him. Neither of you had wanted to be the first one to talk to the other.

Therefore, you were quite taken aback by the call, but nevertheless, you quickly answered. "Hello?"

"H-hi, I was wondering if we could talk. I mean, if you don't want to, I get it. But if you do..."

"When and where?" You asked excitedly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At a cafe

 

You looked around the seats in the cafe for Sandeul. You spotted him by the farthest seat from the door. You breathed a big gulp of air and walked over to him, "Hi," you sat down across from him.

He smiled, but it wasn't his usually happy smile. It made you feel bad that it was probably you who caused him to lose his cheerfulness.

"Sorry for bothering you but," He sighed, "I just wanted to say...sorry for everything, all the drama that I caused."

You let a smile escape your lips, "You should stop apologizing."

He rubbed the back of his neck, "I guess I should stop now…"

You nodded, "You should. You're gonna make me feel bad."

He laughed and motioned at the menu, "So, ordering?"

Your eyes pondered over the menu, "Are you paying, or am I?"

He gave you an amused smile, "It matters?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandeul and you ended up talking for hours, catching up on everything that's happened in the past couple of weeks when the two of you had been staying away from each other. You decided that it was time for you to leave, so you stood up, and said goodbye. Before you turned around though, you looked at Sandeul.

"Sandeul ah?" You asked.

"Yeah?"

"Still friends?"

"Best friends," he grinned and waved goodbye to you. 

You beamed at him and waved back. 

Sandeul watched you walk out of the cafe and leaned back in his seat.  The fact that you were still in his life even after all that had happened made him happy. Even if your heart didn't belong to him, he was content with being just your best friend.

"Best friend..." he mumbled. A small smile grazed his lips. "Guess that's all we were ever meant to be." He then asked a waiter for the check.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mi Young was lying on her bed, frustrated. She tried watching TV, using the laptop, even shopping, but nothing seemed to lift up her mood. The fact that L and Sandeul were all buddy-buddy now pissed her off. It made her even madder than L's relationship with you seemed to grow stronger, which was the total OPPOSITE of her plan. She craved for some fresh air, so she took her winter parka off the dresser and walked out, hoping to relief some stress. On her walk, it dawned on her that she pretty much hit rock bottom. L was pretty much out of the running, and she knew that Sandeul was over her, I mean, she was a to him anyways. Any moment now, her dad would either kick her off, or marry her off.

She stopped by a park and sat down on the bench, her head hung. It was quiet, which made sense since everyone with any sense would be staying inside in weather this cold. 

"Mi Young?" She recognized that voice. It was a voice she hated for many reasons. She looked up and saw your face peering at her. She scowled, "What do you want?"

You scoffed, "Hi to you to..."

Mi Young glared at you, "If you're to gloat about how you won and I lost, then save it."

You sighed and sat down next to her, "You looked sad, that’s why I came over. Why do you hate me so much?"

Mi Young gave you an icy glare, but her eyes softened, "Because it's not fair...I met L first, and yet he still fell for you. Sandeul fell for you too, so I'm guessing you're not that a like I thought you were," she mumbled the last part.

You almost smiled, "You really think I'm not a ?"

She let out a small laugh, "Yeah, at least compared to me you're not."

"Well, you're not exactly a either you know."

Mi Young smiled, "Thanks."

You shrugged, "So, are we good now? I mean, I hate you and you hate me, but,”

Mi Young held out a hand, "Let’s call a truce."

You nodded and shook it, "Truce. Who knows? This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!"

The two of you immediately burst out laughing, "Psh like we could ever be friends!" Mi Young chuckled.

You laughed and almost doubled over, "Whew, aigoo, my stomach hurts."

Mi Young giggled once last time before her phone rang. The ringtone made her face drop immediately. She only had a separate ringtone for two people, L, and...

"It's my dad," she muttered glumly.

You cocked your head, "Bad relationship?"

She nodded, "Yeah, real bad. Watch him marry me off to some rich pedo, or kick me out of the house. It’s all about his failing company, and how I’m supposed to help any way I can," she sighed and ignored the call.

At that moment, you truly felt sorry Mi Young. You had a feeling you understood the reason why she was so persistent with L.

You looked at her sympathetically, which made her scowl. "Yah, I don't need anyone's pity, ESPECIALLY yours." 

You rolled your eyes, "Whatever you say."

She smiled, "I guess this would be a good time to say sorry for trying to ruin your marriage to L. And for being a T-OTAL biatch to you. Don't get me wrong, I still hate you, but you know," she pressed her thumb and index finger together, "just this much less."

"Thanks~," you said sarcastically.

She shrugged and stood up. She turned to walk away, and was just about to turn a corner when you stopped her.

"Yah!"

She turned around and yelled, "What?"

You cupped your hands around your mouth, "If you need anything, let me know!"

She rolled her eyes, but smiled, "THANKS! And I'm older than you! Call me unnie!"

"OK UNNIE!" You yelled across the road, making a few cars beep at you. 

Mi Young laughed and gave you a small wave.

You smiled and walked away in the opposite direction, satisfied at what you had accomplished today.