Promise Me

My Sarcastic Wife

Your POV

Someone's hands covered your eyes, "Guess who?" 

You immdiately recognized L's voice, "Hmm...Sungyeol?"

"YAH!"

You grinned as L plopped down on the grass next to you. The two of you were at 'your' river. It was a peaceful night, and you could hear the faint sound of crickets, along with the rustle the leaves when a breeze passed by. It was hard to believe that there was a raging storm around the area just the night before.

L rested his head on yours, "It was lonely sleeping without you," he muttered.

*AWWW he missed me~.* 

You lightly hit his head, "It was just one day.

"I guess. Oh and...did Sandeul....try anything?"

You blinked at him and burst out into laughter. You then propped your elbows up on the grass and laid down.

"How many times have I told you that he's just a friend?"

L sighed, "You were still at another guy's house. Plus, I think he likes you."

"Me? He's in love with Mi Young, don't know why though" you muttered.

"Doesn't love change?" L mused.

You shrugged, "Might. I'm positive he doesn't like me though."

L laid down on the grass and rested his head on his right hand. 

"If he did like you, would you accept him?'

You pointed to your wedding ring, "I'm married remember?"

"Well, if you weren't married, would you choose him over me?"

"What's the point in this?"

"I just want to know," L whined. 

You sighed, "Of course not, I would still choose you."

"Why?"

"Because...you're you and I'm me." 

L grinned. "Then can you promise me something?"

You looked at him skeptically, "What?"

He held out his pinky, "That we'll be together forever."

You raised an eyebrow, but held out your pinky anyways.

"You're acting nicer than usual," you murmured.

"I told you, it felt really lonely without you."

"You've been without me for most of your life," you protested. 

"Then I guess I never knew what I was missing,"

You linked your pinky with his and turned so that the two of you were eye to eye.

"Then I promise we'll be together forever," you flashed a small smile. 

"Should we seal it with a kiss?"

You raised an eyebrow and held up your intertwined pinkies, "Isn't this already sealing it?"

He shook his head, and pointed to his cheek, "THIS is sealing it."

You laughed and leaned in to kiss his cheek. At the last second though, L turned his head so that your lips landed on his. You widened your eyes in surprise, but didn't pull back. You felt his hand caress your cheek. As the kiss depended, you couldn't help but smile through your lips. All of the worries in the world seemed to fade away, and time seemed to stop.

You heard his cell phone ring, but he ignored it. It rang again, and again, but he seemed not to be able to hear it. 

When you found yourself losing your breath, you slowly pulled away. Moments after your lips parted, L stared at your face which was caught in the pool of moonlight. He turned to look up at the moon, "I love you ~~~~~ah."

*Here comes the fuzzy feeling again.*

You found yourself blushing madly, "I love you too Kim Myungsoo."

You felt a slight glare on you when you used L's real name. You preferred the name Myungsoo though.

"Yah, aren't you gonna see who called you?"

L shook his head, "It was just Sungyeol."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I gave him a different ring tone from everyone else, so I know when it's him calling."

"Why would you do that?"

"Cause that guy interrupts all of the moments," he whined.

------------------------------------

No One's POV

After a phone conversation with his dad and step-mom, Sandeul plopped down on his bed and sighed. His condo was almost always lonely. After all, the only person who lived there was himself. His step-mom despised him, and kicked him out the day he turned 18 to live elsewhere. The only reason his dad and step-mom ever kept in touch, was because Sandeul was the sole heir to their corporation.

The phone conversation was just like any other, lots of orders about the company. Not even a ‘hi,’ or a ‘how’ve you been these past 6 months?’

It was moments like this when he missed his deceased real mom dearly. His dad had gotten re-married to someone half his age, and changed completely.

Sandeul looked around the bedroom, remembering how nice it felt when you had stayed overnight. He could re-call the way your face scrunched up when you slept, and they way your eyes had stayed glued to the screen while the horror movie played. He found himself missing you, and he quickly buried his face with a pillow.

“Out of all the girls in the world, why her?! Aish, why do you always fall for the girls that don’t feel the same way?” Sandeul muttered into his pillow.