Final

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-skip-

“Wow. It’s already filled with stuff,” Yuri said sheepishly as her gaze roam around the interior of the new house.

“Well, what did you expect?” he grinned in a taunting manner. “I told you you’ll fall inlove with our house once you get to see it.”

She looked up at him. “Well, I didn’t say I will.”

“Oh?”

It was her turn to smile. “Kidding.”

Kris kissed her temple. “I’ll tour you around.”

“I’d like to see the kitchen,” she says brightly.

“The refrigerator is from Xiumin,” he informed.

“I wouldn’t be surprised.” Yuri held Kris and as soon as they approached the spacious yet filled kitchen, she pushed him to the laminated countertop and tiptoed to try and give him a quick kiss on the lips. Her already big stomach was a big hindrance for her to do so. She tried to kiss him again, this time pulling Kris by the back of his neck but Kris didn’t nudge. They both laughed; Kris flawless face didn’t even wrinkled at his wide smile and Yuri smiled and snorted both at the same time. The look in his eyes softened when he looked at his wife’s belly, bearing their six month old baby.

 “Aigoo,” he cooed. “We’ll have plenty of time for that later,” he smirked at her deviously.

“I didn’t know that you could resist a kiss from me,” she snorted.

“Uhm… not really…” he muttered.

“Hmm,” she mumbles and her eyes observed the pristine gold coated borders of the wall. The wall was painted gray, but not actually ‘gray gray’. It was the color you see just before the sun rises up the morning—right when the sky was clear, still and spotless white.

The sink was rather clean and high tech looking—the countertop matched the color of the wood from the window near the door.  Everything here matches with another. Plus, the garden she had a glimpse of just a few moments ago, right when they hopped of Kris’s car was already planted with different kinds of flower and plenty of fat looking green bushes. It was just a perfect, not too small, not too big, homey house for a young married couple who wants to love a simple happy life together.

Of course, friends will visit, but now is their time to relish the whole house. It will be different—completely different, staying here. Living here is different. But they know to fit in and manage.

Well, they say the first year is the hardest, right?

The white fence outside were the traditional security wall for their neighbourhood, just like their neighbours. The house and their whole respective lots were clean and spanking new.

“This house has a cellar,” she heard him say.

“At least it doesn’t have an attic,” she pressed her lips into a tight smile. He knew how she disliked attics, buts she doesn’t prefer cellars either. But she said it would be okay. It was too late when he knew. The house was already built and only needed a little furnishing.

Yuri remembered to throw her drawings, (the paintings and sketches her mom once forced her to make, just for her mom to make her become skilled at) at the attic and end up crying there sometimes. She was used to throwing tantrums secretly, forcing herself to do the things she didn’t like. Though, that was before. Now, she was just glad that her parents had already given her freedom. That was what she wanted that led her to him.

“Remember the park where I confessed my love to you?” he walked closer and held both of her hands.

She pondered for a moment, not that she forgot but because she was trying to make out what was her husband up to at the moment. She knew he’s asking that with a bigger basis.

“Kris,” she chuckled. “That’s not what happened. I made you confess to me. That’s what really happened.”

“C’mon,” he whined cutely, his lips blossomed in a very adorable pout.

“Okay, okay,” she sounded like she was surrendering about it. “What about it?”

“It’s only a few walks away,” he smiled.

“And?”

“Yul, you’re really hurting my ego.”

“Eh? Why?”

“Don’t give me that face,” his voice was hard but his face was subtle.  Yuri only pouted a little more, her eyes as shiny as a puppy’s.

“Fine. I know. You want us to go there. Am I one hundred one percent correct?”

He wrapped an arm around her neck. “You want to, right? That would be sweet.”

She smiled but then she winced, which made her lips curl in a very unpleasant way. Yuri’s hands almost reach in reflex to her stomach, gripping the hard bump not too softly.

“Oww,”

Kris looked at her wide-eyed. “Yuri? What happened?”

“The baby!” she gasped.

Kris stared at her. Oh, no. She couldn’t be possibly going to deliver the baby this early, right?

“Kris! The baby—our baby moved!” Yuri gasped in a comprehensible broken whisper.

“Really?” his voice was happy and loud, relief flooded his alarmed system and his face began to look bright with expectation. He bent and touched Yuri’s stomach, caressing it up and down.  She slapped his hand as her cheeks flushed red.

Kris flashed a knowing smile and without any warning lifted her body off the floor. Yuri reflexively wrapped her arms around his neck. He walked briskly out of the kitchen.

“Yah, where are you taking us?” she asked.

Kris blurted a short chuckle. “You’ll know.”

She leaned in to kiss his cheeks. “There. Finally, a kiss.”

“What was that for?”

“You know that a kiss a day keeps the troubles away,” she says.

He set her off her feet once they were in the living room and hugged her, pinching the small fat on her back. She cringed a little, almost in surprise at what he’d done. Kris sniffed her hair, a smile crossing on his face.

Yuri pulled away, annoyed. “Why did you that?”

“What?” he asked, trying to look innocent.

“You pinched me.”

“I just noticed that you gained weight.”

“Oh, shu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter