Movie Marathon

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

EXO-K arrived yesterday afternoon, all of them, in time for Chen’s birthday tomorrow. I shook my head as a chuckle came out of my mouth. Only two days left and the engagement party will take place, not to mention that Lay’s birthday is fast approaching, too. I had to let out a shiver.  Kris made his way to me, he smelled of his aftershave and body soap. I was sitting on the ledge of the window, watching the intricate sparkling lights of the city view. This had always been my favorite spot in the house.

 

“Why are you laughing to yourself?”

“Nothing,” I shook my head as I giggled again. I bit my lip while still having the big smile on my face. “I just thought of something funny, that’s all.”

Kris sat on the window seat facing to me, his incredibly long legs hitting and dangling on mine. “I know you’re happy they are here, specially D.O.” he smirked.

I couldn’t agree more. What he said was actually an understatement of what I’m really feeling and thinking about. I turned to look at the scenery outside again, and watched the nearby tree’s leaves sway with the wind. Chen wanted a house party. Suho wanted to plan everything for tomorrow, but Xiumin and Luhan had already set out the things earlier. I was pretty surprised to know that Suho and Chen are close to each other.

I could hear Chanyeol’s booming laugh resonating from the floors below and a few mumbles of unmistakably male voices.

“Hey, Yul, were you listening?” Kris nudged me with his foot. I wrinkled my nose at him, showing how annoyed I was of him from breaking me away from my reverie. He should not be here. He should give me some time alone.

But he was so in love with me that he couldn’t stay away.

“I’m sorry. What is it again?”

Kris snatched the pillow on my lap and placed it under his head as he lay down. I looked down at him as he spoke. “Forget it. It’s nothing important—”

A knock on the door cut him off. “…anyway…” he still managed to complete his words. I looked at Kris then back to the door. Suho peeked in, he was smiling at us.

“Hey, Yuri, Kris,” he greeted. He looked like he was very happy. That made me happy as well. “Can I join in?”

“Sure,” Kris and I said in unison.

“Mind if I sit in the middle?” he jokingly asked. I smiled when he motioned for Kris’s legs taking up the whole space.

“There’s a couch. You can sit there,” Kris told him. There was a hint of annoyance in his voice. I thought Suho wouldn’t notice it but he did.

Suho chuckled. “Yi Fan,” he plopped on the white couch carefully and sighed. “I still love Yuri.”

Suho’s voice was so calm. I stared at him in awe, my mouth gaping into a small hole. The next thing I knew was a pillow landing straight to his face causing me to give a look of disbelief at Kris.

“What the hell are you—” Kris snapped. I grabbed his shoulder to stop him and I groaned, almost involuntarily.

“Chill, bro...” Suho sniggered. “Let me talk first,” he added. “I know I love Yuri so much. I even loved her first before you…”

Kris eyes hardened and he surrounded his hand on my waist protectively. To ease off his feeling, I placed my hand on the top of his knee and nodded encouragingly at him with a smile.

“But I realized that what I had for her was only a brother-sister love… maybe, I don’t know,” Suho shrugged his shoulders. “I met this girl… she’s really dazzling and I think that, I’m possibly falling inlove with her.”

“You seem like you’re not so sure,” Kris commented.

“Oh come on, Kris, do you expect him to jump into conclusions? Take it with a grain of salt. Maybe Suho is still adjusting. He uhm… he needs to heal? I guess.”

 “I’m already fine, Yuri. I mean really. I realized that when I kissed you, you know.”

I tried my best to hide the minimal irritation and just ignore what he said.

“Fine. You kissed her, now what? So who is that girl? Is there a possibility that we’d meet her?” Kris voice sounded irate.

“I just met her. But you probably already met her.”

“What do you mean?”

“Kim Minseok’s cousin. Taeyeon Kim.”

“Ah… yes. Taeyeon,” Kris nodded.

“Xiumin said something about her,” Suho said.

I felt Kris froze beside me. “Kris…?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter