The Past pt.1

Can´t I love you

Kris pov

Everyone was just silent and watched the two of them, waiting for something to happen.

 

,,Wh-what are you doing here Lu...?”

Lu?

Chanyeol couldn't help it anymore and asked:

 

,,...You guys know each other already?”

 

Mingyun and Luhan didn't even look at Chanyeol, when he asked them and just continued to stare each other.

 

,,W-well, you kno-”,Mingyun was about to explain it, when Luhan cut him off.

 

,,Ahh he, he is an old friend I knew back in China. It has been a long time so I'm shocked to see him again … hehehe.”

 

,,Oh, is that so? What a great coincidence to meet a friend again. You must be very happy to see him again, right Bambi?”,Baekhyun said happily.

 

Maybe they are too oblivious about things or me knowing Luhan so well, but Luhan was such a terrible liar – I didn't say anything though. Luhan doesn't usually lie about something and for him to do that meant that it must be very important and that he wasn't ready to talk about it yet, so I left it as that. When he thinks he is ready he will tell me.

I continued to observe the two of them – while Luhan looked really nervous, Mingyun just looked … sad...? I didn't understand what could have happened with the two of them. Could it be that maybe they were going out with each other in the past...

Before I may thoughts could go further on Luhan spoke up:

 

,,Since it was so long since we saw each other, do you mind if we spend a little time alone catching up about things?”

 

The others naturally agreed immediately and though I was a bit unsure I nodded and faked a smile.

Luhan grabbed Mingyun's arm and pulled him, while running out of the cafeteria.

I low grumble escaped me without knowing.

 

,,Aww, someone is jealous~.”,they sing sang and I just glared at them.

 

__________

 

Luhan pov

I grabbed Mingyun's arm and dragged him away from the others as fast as I could. Why? Everything was finally going so well, so why does he have to appear now?

When we were finally out of the sight of the others I immediately let go of his arm and silently went to the rooftop – signaling him to just follow me, he knew that we had to talk.

I made sure nobody was on there and closed the door – just to make sure nobody could overhear our conversation.

 

,,Lu... why did you do that?”,he asked with a sad voice.

 

,,They don't need to know. It wasn't your fault.”

 

,,Lu... Why don't you realize that I was at the wrong back then. I don't deserve to be protected by you...”

 

,,...Min, you only did the right thing back then. It's not your fault. I'm here now to let go of the past and I would want you to do that too. It couldn't be helped back then. But now we're here so let's just forget about our past Min, please.”

 

,,I understand, if it's that what you really want, to be happy then I will agree, I will pretend to have that kind of relationship with you. But remember this Lu, I will never let myself forget about “us”, until I die.”,he replied.

 

,,It's for the best like this – for me and for you. No matter what happened you are still very important to me, Min.”

 

,,I know. But you don't think of me like in the past, right?”,I just looked down silently ,,I knew it when I saw the two of you and when he glared at me when you pulled me away – he sure is an interesting guy. But even if your feelings have changed …. I still do love and still care a lot about you Lu...”

 

…           (conversation still continues)

...

__________

Kris pov

After a while of just playing with the food and thinking of what they could possibly talking about, I saw them coming back to us smiling happily. Luhan looked genuinely happy – what were they talking about? Or was I just oversensitive about Luhan lying before and it was the truth? Well whatever, he is happy and that is all I need to know.

Mingyun sat beside Suho and Kai and Luhan came over to me and sat beside me and happily giving me a big hug.

I was a bit taken aback since Luhan wasn't that overly affectionate in public like I was usually with him – but I didn't continue to worry about the whole thing anymore and hugged him back enjoying his warmth.