Persevere

I'm Not Exactly Miss Simple Either...More Like Crazy

I sighed as I entered my room and made my way towards the bed. I was in for a long lonely night. I mean how do you expect me to sleep after all that's happened in the course of the last few hours. Sleep was not an option right now. I plugged my phone into the wall, thanking the guys for bringing my charger. I lay in bed playing Anipang for who knows how long. That game is ing addicting. Two hours later a nurse walked in and did a quick checkup to make sure everything was fine then left. I sighed again not knowing what to do with myself. Before I knew it, the sun was rising and someone was knocking at my door. I quickly shut my eyes and relaxed my muscles, pretending I was sleeping. I heard a single pair of footsteps approach the bed and someone sit down in the chair next to it.

"Jagi are you awake?" Sungmin asked me. I didn't respond. "I guess you aren't. I'm just being silly. Of course you're sleeping. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you yesterday. I'm so mad at myself and that . Guess what? We found her sleeping on the roof of the building. Ryeowook called 911 on her and the cops came and took her away. He's really mad at himself too. He hates himself for not listening to you. Heechul was on his case the whole night. I really love you jagi. Please forgive me for not being there." He pleaded, more to himself than me. I almost shivered as he ran his fingers across my bangs swiping them off my face. He trailed down to my lips as I felt him trace them. "Why are your lips swollen jagiya? Did you get into a fight or something? Did you have an allergic reaction to any drugs the doctors gave you? Your lips only get like that when we make out....." He pondered. ! Please don't find out. "But you wouldn't cheat on me jagiya. I know you well and you're not that type of person." At his words I felt a tiny pang of guilt. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Are you done talking to me like I'm in a coma?" I asked him with some humor in my voice opening my eyes. "I thought I could ignore you but you just kept ranting and ranting." I told him. He pouted at me and I giggled. "You're so cute Minnie. Wait are the others here too?

"If they were here you would know it. They're so loud." He told me. He pointed at my lips. "Why are your lips swollen?"

"They're swollen?" I asked trying to act clueless. Sungmin nodded and pulled a mirror out of the overnight bag he had brought with him for me. I gasped when I saw my lips. I had this thing where my lips swell up after I sleep but that wasn't the case this time. Even if it was only for a few minutes last night, Niel was rough and he left his mark. Note to self: Kill Ahn Daniel next time I see him for being so rough. I also had bruises from his grip on me around my waist and arms. I chuckled to myself as I remembered the look on the nurse's face when she saw them. I had told her my boyfriend liked being rough and she quickly finished her checkup and left looking flustered as hell. "I tried to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and I ran into the wall and a few other things." I told him. "It hurts like hell." I added.

"I'll make it feel better." He smirked and leaned in. I winced as his lips connected with my bruised ones. I tried my best to reciprocate the kiss but it hurt like a motherer. I almost breathed a sigh of relief when he pulled away. "Saranghae."

"Nado saranghae. Can you help me get up?" I asked him. I needed to act like I was super weak so they wouldn't suspect anything for now. Sungmin nodded and immediately put my arm around his shoulder and an arm under my legs and lifted me out of bed. He gently put me back down on my feet but still kept an arm around me. "Can you help me put on my shirt?" I asked him.

"You didn't even need to ask. I would've done it anyway." He told me. For any other couple that might've been awkward or embarrassing but for Sungmin and me it was like a brother helping his sister. After I had changed into some skinny jeans and a tank top(so my shoulder could be free of obstacles and it wouldn't irritate any of my other injuries much) with Minnie's help, I sat on his lap for awhile with his arms around me. 

"Minnie I always feel so safe in your arms."

"I'll always keep you in them then."

"Sungmin it hurts."

"What hurts jagi?"

"Everything."

"....."

"My wrists hurt the most though." I whispered. He took my arms gently in his as he examined them. The blood was seeping through the gauze around them. "The nurse didn't change them for me." I speculated.

"Well she should have." 

"Can you call her?" He nodded and hailed my nurse as she was walking by, nagging at her to take better care of me. She came in 5 minutes later with the supplies and told me to hold out my wrists. I had resumed my place on Sungmin's lap as she undid the gauze. I could see how flustered she was as she worked because of the intimacy between me and Minnie. 

"This is gonna hurt arasso?" She warned me as she held up a cotton ball doused in peroxide. I just nodded. She started disinfecting the cuts and washing away the dry blood as I bit my lip from the unpleasant burning sensation on my wrists. When it became too much to bear, I buried my face in Sungmin's shoulder. He rubbed light circles on my back to ease the pain away. In a couple of minutes the nurse was done with both my wrists and left. 

" Minnie. I feel like hell." I told him.

"Before you know it you'll be healed and all good again. Just persevere jagi." He told me encouragingly. We shared a moment of silence that was quickly broken by the sound of several footsteps running down the hallway. "I told you you'd know when they were here. They sound like a herd of elephants." Sungmin groaned as the door flew open.

"Good morning Hee!" The rest of the boys screamed. I giggled and waved back.

"Did you sleep well?" Zhoumi asked me. I nodded. 

"I'm hungry. Mimi I miss your food!~" I whined cutely.

"I missed yours too!~" He said back cutely as well.

"Are you trying to make us jealous? Because it's working." Henry said, pouting.

"Why are you jealous? You came over that one time to visit Mimi and me. Remember because I do. Everyone thought you were my boyfriend." I told him. I felt Sungmin tense beneath me.

"Well I was excited to see you and Zhoumi. Also I wanted to see your campus."

"Zhoumi finished earlier than me. Why didn't you get him first?"

"Because he would've sent me back telling me not to disturb you. I wanted to have fun!"

"Well you did get me drunk that night..." I trailed off remembering that night vaguely.

"WHAT?!?" The rest of the guys shouted obviously not understanding the situation.

"Chill. They both got drunk on the floor of Hee and I's apartment then I had to drag their wasted asses to bed. You know you're not that light Mochi." Zhoumi butted in.

"Yah I'm not fat!" Henry defended himself and pouted.

"You should've explained faster. I was about to kill the Canadian." Heechul hissed at Zhoumi.

"Zhoumi stop saying that. I don't like that fact that you and Hee lived together in the first place." Sungmin snarled at him, referring to when Mimi mentioned our apartment. 

"Wow Minnie. Calm down. Mimi and me are best friends. We wouldn't do anything." I reassured my angry bunny all the while avoiding my best friend's knowing glance. 

"I trust you."

"Good." I said and rewarded him with a kiss. 

"Well we're here to take you to breakfast. We got permission to borrow you for awhile so kaja." Leeteuk told me.

"Ok hold on." I told him. I grabbed my jacket and eased it on carefully avoiding my wounds before turning back to the boys. "Shall we?" They nodded and we left. We went to a small little coffee shop not too far from the hospital. When we walked in I thought I saw a familiar pink head but I must've been mistaken. They wouldn't be here. Would they? As we sat down and ordered what we wanted I took a quick look around. My eyes landed on a group of boys sitting in the far back. I tried to get a look at their faces but they wouldn't look up. When one of the blonds looked up I face palmed and my suspicions were confirmed . What are they doing here?!