A Message For All

Letters To Oppa

Minhee tucked her hands under her arms as she walked.  She was only a few blocks from the dorm, when the pit of her stomache twisted into a knot.  She glanced around her, looking for the source of her dark feeling.  There was a group of teenage guys walking behind her a ways, but didn't seem to pose a threat.  An elderly lady was pulling down the door to her antique shop a few steps in front of her.  On the curb was an old man in a black car, looking her way, but he seemed to be waiting for the lady.  Across the street was a couple holding hands and sharing an ice-cream.  

 

Minheee was confused as to what was the problem until her eyes laid on a man, leaning against a brick wall, half a block in front of her.  His hair was a close brown buzz and he had a cigarette drooping out of his mouth.  Black combat boots were peeking out from under a pair of loose fitting jeans.  A chain was hanging from hs pants and the wallet that it was attached to was slightly visible from inside his back pocket.  One hand was hanging lazily at his side, the beginning of a tattoo barely showing.  The other was slowly reaching up to grab his cigarette.  But, what shook Minhee up the most was his vivid blue eyes staring back at her.  

 

The man blew out a stream of smoke into the air, before tossing the rest of the cigarette to the ground.  He stepped forward, squashing the in the process.  His hands made their way into his jacket pockets, but his eyes never left her.  Minhee glanced around.  The old couple had already driven off and the other couple was turning into a cafe.  The group of guys were quickly approaching behind her.  She prayed to god that they were heading a little farther than she was.  When they passed by her, she moved to the side closest to the street, and farthest from the man and began walking along side them.  None seemed to notice, but it delayed the blue eyed man's confrontation, as he trailed behind them about ten paces.

 

Minhee sighed when the dorm came into sight and the group didn't appear like they would be stopping anytime soon.  She picked up her pace slightly, so she could keep them in between her and the man as she walked into her building.  As she walked through the doors, she broke into a dash and made her way to the stairs.  Her habits were becoming her good fortune as the man glanced towards the closing elevators.  She watched him frown then turn back towards the enterance before bounding up the stairs as quick as she could.

 

Minhee frantically knocked on the appartment door.  Kai opened it and she ducked past him and went to her room.  She rummaged through her camera bag and pulled out the disk case.  Kai had followed her and raised an eyebrow, "Are you okay?"  She rolled her eyes, "Am I ever okay Kai?"  He shrugged as Suho and Chanyeol came walking up behind him.  Minhee tossed the disk at the group.  She looked Chanyeol in the eyes, "Found my hard drive."  He glanced down at the case that was now in his hands.  He cracked it open slightly and the pieces shifted.  His eyes widened and he closed it back up.  Suho had the letter in his hands and he gulped, "Minhee, do you know what this M.D.S. wants from you?"

 

Minhee bit her lip, "I think I know, but I don't understand why he didn't come for me before this."  Kai shot her a look, "Wait, you know who it is?"  She nodded, "I didn't when I got the thing, but I just saw him.  There is no way that I could forget him.  He lived in the appartment I burned down..  I'm pretty sure that he was my dad's dealer."  She turned away from them and walked over to her bed.  Her hand glided over the crumpled sheets, smoothing them out.  Chanyeol made his way over wrapped an arm around her waist.  He nuzzeld his face into the crook of her neck.  

 

Suho sighed from the door, "So what are we going to do?"  Minhee shrugged, "Wait for him to make his move."  Kai rolled his eyes, annoyed, "That's not good enough.  What if something really does happen?  You think that it will be easy for any of us if you disappear?  You had everybody worried when you decided to off yourself.  Everyone was scared when you were kidnapped.  Mia was a wreck while you were gone.  I know that I sound slightly selfish for saying that, but you didn't see the havoc that it reeked on her mind.  She didn't sleep and she was so lost without you.  You were her only friend.  Same with Chanyeol.  Please don't put them through that again."  Minhee sighed, "If only I knew how."

 

Minhee shrugged out of Chanyeol's grip and watched the street below her window.  Suho and Kai went back to the living room, leaving the other two in silence.  Chanyeol turned towards the door, the pure feeling of helplessness weighing on his stomach.  "Wait."  Minhee called from her spot.  He looked over at her, seeing the look of fear and confusion in her eyes.  She nervously opened and let out a shakey breath before closing it again.  He could tell that she wanted to say something, but didn't know quite how.  To ease her slightly, he sat down on her bed.  She smiled lightly before taking a place next to him.  She played with a loose string while biting her lip.  Chanyeol shook his head then grabbed her hand.

 

"I loved the song."  Minhee whispered, "I wish that I could keep it and listen to it every night before I go to sleep.  But, Chanyeol, I know that you want to help protect me, but the best thing that you can do for that is to not get involved.  I don't think I could live with myself if you ever got hurt or disappeared because of me.  I just couldn't.  Do you understand?"  Chanyeol sighed, "I do, but you do realize that I'm probably going to get involved anyways because I feel the same way about you."  He lifted up her hand and pressed his lips to her knuckles.  She smiled at him sleepily, "Well, I guess we're stuck with each other."  She crawled towards him before flopping onto the pillow beside him and hugging it tightly.  She slowly drifted to sleep with Chanyeol and her own hands still intertwined.  He leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead before going back to his own room to follow her example.