Letters To Home

Letters To Oppa

Chanyeol woke up early and slid into the shower.  The way that Onew had sounded on the phone had made him think that whatever was going on today was really important.  He stepped out of the shower and wiped condensation off the mirror.  He took a good look at himself for the firs time in a while.  He was skinnier than he used to be, probably underweight.  He had died his hair black and got it cut short.  Now everyone could see his ears.  He guessed it was his way of wishing that Minhee would come back so she could make fun of them again.  He sighed and turned  away from the mirror, letting his getting ready routine drown out the thoughts of Minhee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(The night before)

Minhee had gone back to Seoul with SHINee.  Taemin told her about all the things that she had missed while she was gone.  He happily spilled out everything, until he got to what had happened around her.  "After you disappeared we searched for you for weeks.  Chanyeol practically lived at your house.  Well, right up until they said that if you didn't come back within the week they'd have to remove you from the house.  After that, Exo moved all of your stuff out from your place into their spare room."  Minhee nodded, "Are they doing alright?"  Key shrugged, "Let's just say that you going away had a big impact on them.  Chanyeol has noticeably lost weight and you can tell he doesn't sleep well.  The rest of Exo is doing a bit better but they're just as worried.  None of them will touch tteok with a ten foot pole, even if you paid them."  Minhee scratched the back of her head, "Um, could we possibly stop by a salon or something before I see them again? And maybe get me some clothes that actually fit?"  Jonghyun laughed, "Do you need to look pretty to see your Chanyeol again?"  The girl glanced at herself in the rear view mirror, "Well I honestly was thinking that I needed a haircut before this whole thing and I'm wearing Dohoon's clothes.  I don't think any of the guys would like that."

 

Onew nodded and turned a corner before pulling up in front of a building.  Minho smirked and jumped out of the car, "Welcome to SM.  The one stop make over."  Minhee followed them into the building, slightly hiding behind the boys.  Key pulled her into a room full of mirrors and chairs.  He pointed towards a seat, "Jia should be here in a minute.  She does a wonderful job on hair.  The other guys went to pick you out an outfit."  A woman walked in and started talking to  Minhee about what she wanted done with her hair.  The other boys came in after Jia finished doing Minhee's hair.  The girl reached out for the brown bag in Onew's hands.  The leader pulled it away and shook his head, "This is for later.  But, for now it is late, lets get back to the dorm, we have a long day ahead of us."

 

Minhee slept restlessly in the SHINee dorm.  They had let her use the spare room for the night, but honestly she was extremely nervous about meeting Chanyeol again.  All of the worst thoughts would run through her head when she closed her eyes.  What if he didn't want her anymore?  She knew she was more than a handful and was really going to be more of a problem than she was worth.  Sighing, Minhee sat up in her bed and ran her hands through her hair.  She walked over to turn on the lights before picking up a book and flopping down on the bed.  She tossed and the bed, trying to find a comfortable position to read in.  After ten minutes of rolling around on the bed, she still hadn't found it.  Minhee grumbled in annoyance and threw the book.  Poor Onew had just opened the door and it hit him square in the face.  "Are you trying to destroy my income?"   Minhee chuckled and shook her head.

 

Onew went and sat down next to the girl.  "Nervous?"  He asked as he noticed her twiddling her thumbs.  Minhee smirked back up at him, "Who wouldn't be?  I mean, I just disappeared off the face of the earth for two months and now the first person that I am going to see when I get back is the one person that never let my mind while out there."  The leader shook his head, "You'll be alright, trust me."  Minhee stared at the ceiling for a while before Onew tapped her on the leg.  She raised an eyebrow at him.  He stood and held out his hand, "I have a plan for how you're gonna surprise him, but I'm gonna need your help to set it up.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chanyeol glanced in the mirror one last time before leaving to go to SHINee's dorm.  He nodded in approval at his reflection before stepping out the door.  He wasn't sure what he was going to find at the SHINee dorm, but he knew that wearing anything he liked to their house would be as pointless as wearing Louis Vuitton to go feed pigs.  It was pointless and would do more harm than good.  As he opened the front door he hear a yell from behind him, "Chanyeol, where are you going?"  Chanyeol turned around to see Suho standing  in his doorway and replied, "Onew wanted me to go to their dorm.  He said something about a surprise."  Suho raised an eyebrow, "Do you have extra clothes?"  The rapper chuckled, "Last time I just borrowed Minho's clothes, so I don't see that being a problem."  The leader nodded, "Alright, well see ya later."

 

Chanyeol pulled up in front of the building that SHINee lived in.  He pulled up his hood and walked through the front doors.  He took a quick glance at the elevators before turning towards the stairs.  He had enough of elevators, they had just brought him trouble.  The only lead that they had on Minhee was that someone had seen her get into the elevator, but no one had seen her come out.  Chanyeol climbed up the three flights of stairs and turned down the hallway.  It wasn't hard to find the right door, especially since the boys had put a note on the door that read in big red letters, "CHANYEOL! WE LIVE HERE!"  The boy laughed and rang the door bell.  There was the sound of someone running and then Taemin opened the door with a smile, "Welcome to our home."  Chanyeol bowed slightly to the older as he was let in.  The rest of SHINee was standing right inside the doorway blocking the view of the rest of the house.  They all greeted him casually as if this was a normal thing for them.  Taemin walked over to them and squeezed his way through the group.  Onew smirked, "The surprise isn't quite ready, it'll be a few minutes."  Chanyeol nodded and leaned back up against the closed door.

 

Suddenly there was a loud thump and a squeal.  Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at the boys, "Was that a girl?"  Minho coolly denied it, but Onew's face had it written all over it.  The Exo member laughed, "Oh my god, I can't believe you."  Key winked, "We thought you needed someone."  The atmosphere got awkward as Chanyeol glared at him.  "No, I don't need someone.  I don't care how long it takes, I will find Minhee."  The idols' faces all broke out in smiles, Jonghyun was the first to speak up, "Well isn't that good to hear, huh?"  They parted from the entry way enough to reveal a smiling girl.  She bit her lip, "Are you sure, I'm not that good of a person."  Chanyeol's legs felt like jelly, and he fell to his knees.  Minhee ran over to him and kneeled down next to him.  She the sides of his cheeks, until running her fingers up over the tops of his ears.  She smirked, "You have big ears."  A tear rolled down Chanyeol's face and she wiped it away.  "Hey now, don't cry.  They are just ears."  Chanyeol chuckled, "Is it really you?"  The girl rolled her eyes, "No, I'm Thorin Oakenshield,  son of Thráin, son of Thrór, King Under the Mountain.  Who else would I be?"  She lightly hit him in the chest.  He grabbed her hand and pulled her closer.  Minhee blushed as SHINee wolf whisled at the two of them.  Key and Taemin started herding the other members into the kitchen.  Onew called back, "Told you Chanyeol."  Minhee glanced between the two, "Told you what?"  

 

Chanyeol shook his head before helping the girl up to her feet,  "Mrs. Lee Minhee, would you like to accompany me out to lunch?  I know this lovely place down the street that has some pretty great tteok."  Minhee smiled and nodded.  He took her hand and yelled back to the SHINee members, "We're leaving so you guys can stop ease dropping."