Letter From The Ward

Letters To Oppa

It had been a week of monotone for Minhee.  She woke up at 7 on the dot, changed from her off white pajamas to a pure white outfit that honestly could have been pajamas too.  Then she went and ate a bowl of oatmeal, followed by an escourted trip to the bathroom to do her business and brush her teeth.  Afterward, she was released into the main room and could either watch tv, which consistend of old episodes of vroomies and pororo and other children's shows, or she could sit and play jumbo checkers with one of the other patients.  Most of the time Minhee stood infront of the windows and watched the sky.  Honestly, she felt like she was regressing back into a child.  Not into Lee, but into Min Min.  The little girl who loved to blow bubbles inside the house and snitch the tteok that her mom was making before it was done.

 

After being in the main room, Minhee has a cheese sandwhich for lunch and then would be given time in her room to do whatever.  Most of ths time was filled with attempting to take cool pictures of the garden outside her window with the small disposible camera that she was given.  When dinner time rolled around she was typically so frustrated with the dumb peice of plastic that it laid in peices on the floor with the film strung arcoss the room.  For dinner she would be taken  into the cafiteria and fed what they were having.

 

Today was just like any other as Minhee took her morning place infront of the windows in the main room.  She was singing softly along with the Chiro and Friends theme song.  "Lee Minhee."  A nurse called froma hall to her right.  Minhee turned and raised an eyebrow at the nurse, who just motioned for her to follow.  She glanced over at the other patients who were giving her worried looks, before turning and making her way down the hall.  She had seen at least two patients within the last four days being carried out after being traquilized from this hall.  Nobody but the patients that had been down it knew.  Nervously, Minhee fiddled with the patient wrist band that was secured around her wrist.  They stopped at a large wooden door and Minhee waited for the nurse to unlock the door.

 

Inside was a small room with a metal detector, a male staff member and another door.  When thy pointed Minhee to the metal detector she silently passed through it.  The guy walked over and patted her down to make sure that she didn't have anything else.  Minhee was then lead through the door into a room with a table at it with two chairs on the side opposite from her and one on her side.  The man told her to sit in the single chair before taking his place next to the door she had just come from.

 

The door on the other side of the room opened and another male staff member walked in and looked over the girl before motioning for the people behind him to follow.  Minhee's eyes widened and she would have jumped from her seat and ran to give the emerging boy and woman hugs if it wasn't for the warning looks she was getting from the staff.  "Minhee!" Chanyeol yelled and ran to her, envoloping her in his arms.  She smiled and hugged him back, inhaling his scent in the process.  He smelled like cinnimon and rain and was warm to the touch.  Chanyeol planted a light kiss on the top of her head before releasing her and turning to sit down.  Minhee felt the warmth that had just cosumed her drain out through her feet.  She glanced at the staff who were giving both her and Chanyeol warning glances.

 

Mrs. Lee smiled at the girl as she sat down, "How are you doing?"  Minhee shrugged, "I'm not commiting suicide or being kidnapped, so I guess pretty good."  Chanyeol's expression fell and Minhee knew that she shouldn't have referenced any of it.  "You wanna here something funny.  The other day, I was sitting at dinner and the girl next to me fell asleep with her face in her food.  It was funny because she is an insomniac on top of being anorexic, so her falling asleep in her food was really ironic."  Mrs. Lee's and Chanyeol's eyes grew in size and Minhee's smile faded.  She realized that nothing that she was going to say was going to make them feel better about her being there.  She sat back into her chair and stared frustratedy into the center of the table, wondering how hard she would have to stare to make it break.

 

Chanyeol's hand came into the edge of her veiw and she glanced up at him.  He had on his awkwardly bright, eye twitching smile.  Minhee felt it's contagious pull and smirked while grabbing his hand.  He intertwine their fingers and chuckled, "Well don't like it in there too much, because we all miss you.  Kyungsoo and Baekhyun keep complaining about having to cook for all of us again and secretly everybody else has always complained about the cooking, at least when Baekhyun is involved.  I don't see why Kyungsoo lets him help.  Sehun complains about not having you around to tease anymore.  The rest of the guys think that's it's too quiet without you.  And I.... I-i need you back."  Chanyeol barely cracked out the last sentance before stiffling sobs.  Minhee took her free hand and tried to wipe the tears away from his eyes.  She brought their interlaced fingers to and kissed the places where they met.

 

"Pretty little lady, with your swollen eyes, would you show them to me?  I know I'm not that perfect, but if you stay a while, maybe then you will see."  Minhee sang softly with Chanyeol's knuckles lightly brushing against her lips.  He looked up at her through wet eyes and she smiled, "I'll be home soon, so will you wait for me?"  Chanyeol sniffed one last time before one of the staff cleared hs throat, "One minute before your visiting time is over."  

 

They nodded and Minhee turned to Mrs. Lee, "I'll see you in a week to come get me right?"  The woman nodded and Minhee moved her gaze back to Chanyeol and squeezed his hand, "And you, will you be ready to hear about all the awful things I've done?"  Chanyeol grinned, "I was born ready."  He leaned over th table and gave her a peck on the lips as the staff members called for time.  "I love you"  He whispered as he pulled away and made his way from the room.