Misplaced Messages

Letters To Oppa

The night wasn't as bad as Minhee thought it was going to be.  Tao and Kris shared the guest bed and Chanyeol somehow didn't injure himself while sleeping on the couch.  Really the worst part was the awkward atmosphere between Chanyeol and Minhee.  Minhee stared up at the ceiling debating if she was going to get up yet.  Groaning, she remembered that the repair man was supposed to come and she had to look somewhat clean for that.  Half asleep, she grabbed her towel and headed towards the bathroom.  She locked the door behind her and got into the shower, thinking about how exactly she was going to be around Chanyeol today.  A lot had happened the day before, that Minhee wasn't quite sure to do.  There had been the song that had sounded like it was special for her and the kiss that still had butterflies invading her stomach when she thought about it.  Then there was the magazine that she had found.  Even she had to say that the girl on it was hot with her busty chest and perfect body and makeup.  Minhee climbed out of the shower and looked at herself in the mirror.  She rubbed along the bags under her eyes and poked at her stomach fat.  She sighed and wrapped the towel around her.

 

Minhee reached out for the handle, but then stopped realizing the situation she was in.  She cursed herself and glanced back into the mirror, groaning at how small the towel was, but thankful that it covered everything, even though it barely did.  She sighed and opened the door, enough for her to stick her head out.  She didn't see or hear anybody and quickly ran through the house.  She was almost to the safety of her room when she ran into someone.  She started to fall, but they caught her and pulled her back up.  Minhee could feel their body pressed up against her's and opened one eye to see Chanyeol looking at her with concerned eyes, "Are you okay?"  He still hadn't released her and she glanced down and mumbled, "Um, could you let go of me."  The boy looked down and noticed the compromising position they were in.  He let her go and she ran off into her room.

 

Kris and Tao laughed when Chanyeol told them about it later.  Tao elbowed him playfully, "You should have just carried her into her room and  took her. I mean it's not like you have to play nice guy after what she found."  The Chinese boys laughed, while Chanyeol ran a hand through his hair and blew out a stream of air.  Kris stopped and stared at his friend, "You didn't, did you?"  The younger shrugged, "I thought about it.  I mean, I was so stressed out about her and this thing that somehow last night they mixed together during my dream and I woke up wetter than the Niagara Falls."  Tao stifled a giggle and Kris sat there with his mouth wide open.  A few minutes later Minhee walked in and lifted his jaw into the normal position with her fingers.  "Normally, I would say close your mouth or you'll catch flies.  But, apparently in my house you don't catch flies in your mouth, but glass shards.  So, I would suggest keeping it closed."  She said as she pulled out some stuff for breakfast.

 

They ate in silence, still trying to digest the morning's events.  Finally Minhee spoke, "The repair man should be here in a couple of hours.  I should be good until then, thank you guys for helping me."  Kris and Tao exchanged glances with each other before Kris spoke, "Well Tao and I have a schedule to be at here soon, why doesn't Chanyeol stay with you just incase?"  Minhee opened to protest, but Kris stopped her with a look that said that it was more of a demand than a request.  The girl sighed, then nodded.

 

Chanyeol and Minhee sat on the couch next to each other in silence after Tao and Kris had left.  The tv was on, but neither of them were paying attention to what was on.  They were too busy wrapped up in their own thoughts.  They stayed like that for a while, until Minhee's head leaned on the boy's shoulder.  He glanced down at her with a raised eyebrow, then softened when he saw her peaceful face.  She had fallen asleep.  Chanyeol lightly traced the outlines of the bags under her eyes, knowing that she hadn't been sleeping well since her incident.  The doctors had said that she wasn't able to rest for more than a couple hours at a time.  It hadn't gotten any better after she was released.  Chanyeol heard her every night get up every little bit.  Minhee shifted and her face contorted into a scowl.  She let out a frantic whimper and he watched her tense up.  Sighing, Chanyeol the back of her hair and placed a light peck on the top of her head.  Minhee relaxed under the touch and a small smile played at her lips.

 

Jolted from their position by the doorbell, Minhee rubbed the sleep from her eyes, as Chanyeol went to let the repair man in.  The girl met them in the kitchen.  She smiled, "Thank you for coming, should I make some tea."  The Repair man nodded and held out his hand, "Hello my name is Mr. Kwon."  She  took shook his hand and pointed towards the window before heading for the stove.  Chanyeol and Mr. Kwon walked over the window and started talking over the measurements and such.  Minhee poured tea for everybody into new  mugs that Luhan and her had picked out and turned to the guys.  Mr. Kwon took it and started talking prices and how long it was going to take.  The girl listened as she handed one of the mugs to Chanyeol, their hands slightly brushed and they turned a deep shade of red.  The repair man chuckled, "First nest for you lover birds?"  They turned wide eyed to him and shook their heads, and not so successfully tried to explain that they weren't together and they didn't live together either.  He just shook his head and continued on with window talk.

 

After Mr. Kwon left, they had been told that it would take all day tomorrow to replace the window.  Minhee sighed and starfished in the middle of the living room.  She mumbled something inaudible into the hardwood.  Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, "Come again?"  She turned her head, "I am so tired."  He sat down next to her and poked at her sides, "Why's that."  She wiggled away from his touch and giggled, "Stop it."  She grabbed a hold of his wrists.  He tilted his head, "You know you can tell me anything."  Minhee's smile faded and she bit her lip, "It's just some bad dreams."  Chanyeol laid down, so they were face to face, "Bout what?"  She looked down at their hands and slid her's into his larger ones.  "My father."  She glanced up at the boy, "Chanyeol, I, I ki-"  She was interrupted by Chanyeol's phone ringing.  He sighed and pulled his hands away from her's.  Sitting up, he pulled his phone out of his pocket.  He talked for a minute with Suho, giving him the run down of what the repair man had said.  When he got finished Minhee had sat up and was staring at the sliding door to her balcony.  Chanyeol put his phone down and slid his hand over and set it on top of Minhee's.  She turned back to him and he smiled, "Sorry about that."  She shook her head, "It's okay, it wasn't anything important anyways."