Troubled Shipment

Letters To Oppa

Minhee rubbed her arms as she walked down the busy street.  She wished that she would have grabbed a jacket before she left, but it was too late now.   Dusk was just setting in and the street lights were just starting to come to life.  The headlights of the cars passing by reflected in the windows next to her, illuminating the shop owners as they were finishing cleaning up.  Tired workers were slowly making their way home after long days.  Most of them had on their coats and were breathing out puffs of steam.  It was quickly turning to winter and the air had a cool nip to it.

 

Minhee ignored the chill, being too caught up in her thoughts.  Honestly, she had been pretty shaken up for most of the day and Chanyeol saying that he would protect her was not helping.  She really did appriciate the song.  It was beautiful.  If she could bottle it up and save it for a bad day, she would.  But, she had never had anyone want to protect her before.  It was nerve wracking, and she wasn't sure if she could handle more stuff on her plate.

 

Minhee glanced up and sighed in relief when she saw that the lights to Mrs. Lee's house were on.  She took a quick look around before running up the steps and pressing the door bell.  She fiddled with the hem of her shirt nervously.  The door finally opened and one of the maids smiled at the girl, "Minhee, we weren't expecting you.  Please come in."  Minhee smiled and bowed polietly before stepping in.  

 

The maids were rushing around carrying boxes of Christmas decorations.  The air smelled of fresh baked cookies and pine trees.  Minhee relaxed into the familiar seen.  She had seen it every Christmas since she had gotten out of Saint Norbert's.  Seeing it now, reminded her that her birthday was nearing, she'd be twenty.  Minhee was kinda scared.  Mentally she still felt like a baby, twenty seemed like a mindset that was so far away from her currently.

 

Mrs. Lee walked down the stairs with a smile, but concerned eyes, "Minhee, is everything okay?"  The girl bit her lip and shook her head.  Mrs. Lee motioned for Minhee to follow her.  Minhee did as she was told and was lead into a small room up stairs, the second door on the right.  

 

She smiled softly as the familiar room surrounded her.  The only thing that had changed about the room in the last five years was that the sheets were now a pale purple instead of the sky blue they had been when Minhee had used it.  The white lace curtains fluttered slightly in the breeze from the open window.  The walls were a snowy white.  On the right one was a painting that Minhee had done the first week that she had been out of Saint Norberts.  She walked over and ran her finger over the sides of the frame before turning to the rest of the room.  Her desk was still in the corner, scattered on top was a few unfinished art projects.  Next to it was her closet, which she was surprised to find still had a few of her things in, packed away in boxes.

 

Minhee turned to Mrs. Lee, "You know, you didn't have to keep all of this stuff."  Mrs. Lee shrugged, "I wanted to.  Either way, why would I get rid of the precious memories that are still in this room."  The young girl stopped going through the pictures on the desk and turned to Mrs. Lee with a raised eyebrow.  "Well, the doctors said that they didn't know if you would loose these memories when the others came back.  So I kept them, hoping that if that happened that I might be able to show you that you were happy at one time."  Minhee ran over and hugged Mrs. Lee around her waist, burying her face in Mrs. Lee's chest.  The woman hesitated a minute before enveloping Minhee in her arms.

 

They stayed like that for a while before Minhee pulled back and sighed, "I am in more trouble."  Mrs. Lee raised an eyebrow, "What happened?"  Minhee sat down on the bed and stared at the closet, "When I went to drop off my key at the apartments, the guy gave me back my hard drive.  It had been shattered and there was a threat left with it.  Somebody wants to use me for something."  A tear slid down the girl's faces and she quickly wiped it away.  Mrs. Lee sighed, "Have you told the police?"  Minhee's head shot up and she shook her head.  The woman looked down at her, "You know, you are going to have to get over your fear of them soon.  One day they are going to be all that you have to turn to."  Minhee bit her lip, "You should have seen the way the officer, when I went to get that file, looked at me.  It was like I wasn't even human."  Mrs. Lee the girl's hair, "That's just because so much has happened to you and you make them nervous."  Minhee rolled her eyes and walked to the door.  She paused, "How does that make me any less human?"  She opened it and exited.

 

Outside Minhee looked around, debating where she wanted to go.  Finally deciding that she was going to go back to Exo's dorm.  She turned towards it and began her walk home.