Chapter 8

By the Life of my Enemy

The next morning began peacefully… well, as peacefully as possible, considering that Jaejoong was a prisoner in his enemy’s mansion. He slowly opened his eyes and lazily stood up. To his surprise, a maid had put clean clothes on the couch for him. He got dressed and looked around, unsure of what to do next. Was the door locked? Jaejoong checked and it opened without a problem. He stuck his head out and looked up and down the corridor. Not a single soul in sight.

 

~Jaejoong POV~

 

I decided to follow the smell of food. Food meant people, right? I needed to talk to someone about this, preferably not Yunho. As quietly as I could, I walked down the stairs and into a giant room that I supposed was the living room. I stopped in the doorway when I saw three familiar figures look at me. Well, so much for staying away from Yunho.

“Well, if it isn’t the guy who nearly drowned,” Hangeng smirked.

Next to him sat Yoochun. He was eating a pancake with a lot of maple syrup. “We thought you were dead or something. But it seems like the maids have been taking care of you well.”

Yunho didn’t say anything, and if something made me more uncomfortable than his constant speaking which almost always managed to throw me off track, then it was his silence. At least when he spoke I had a slight idea of what was going on in that head of his. But his expression was completely unreadable, no matter how much I knew about psychology.

“Sit.” The Chinese man’s order sounded surprisingly friendly. I blinked and sat down on a large recliner.

A maid walked in with a plate of fried rice. “Here you go, Jaejoong ssi.”

I was about to take it when a slim figure burst through the door and ripped the food out of the maid’s hands. Too surprised to do anything, I just stared at the door on the other side of the living room through which that person had just rushed.

Yunho sighed. “Geng, learn to control your princess.”

“I don’t think he’ll have much success with that,” Yoochun laughed.

“Who the was that?” I asked.

Before anyone could answer me, a fake-cutesy voice came from the other side of the door. “Hannie~”

Hangeng rolled his eyes. “What is it?”

“Why is Jaejoong here?”

Everyone froze. I heard Yunho hiss some curse words through his teeth. Yoochun tried standing up and walking out, but was held back by his boss.

I decided to do things my way. “I’d like to know that as well. Why did you kidnap me? And you, China man, why did you throw me in the river only to have someone from your organization rescue me and bring me here? What game are you guys playing?

“You did what?!” the person outside shrieked. “You nearly killed him? He’s my friend you bastards.”

Suddenly I knew who this person was. “Heechul?”

The door opened and the feminine man stomped inside. He stopped in front of the chair that I sat on. “I’d like to set two things straight. First of all, I ing missed you.“ He leaned down and hugged me. Then he looked at me with a slightly angry face. “Second of all, no matter what happens, I am the only person who gets to call Geng ‘China man’. Or Geng. Or Hannie. Or Beijing Fried Rice. Or any other nickname.”

“Why so possessive?” Hangeng grinned and stretched out on the couch.

“Shut up.”

“Would you guys have your lovers quarrel somewhere else? It’s pissing me off,” Yoochun mumbled through his pancakes.

Heechul whirled around and glared at him. “You’re just jealous because you can’t get into that Junsu guy’s pants.”

WHAT?” I yelled. Heechul having with a random guy wasn't unusual, even though the fact that Hangeng was in fact our enemy was a bit... unpleasant. But not Junsu. Not that innocent guy.

Yunho stood up. “Come,” he said to me. When I didn’t respond, he simply walked over to me and pulled me up. “I said come.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this update is a bit shorter, I'm kinda under pressure right now with school and tests and projects and whatnot.

*Sigh*

I'll try to make the next chapter longer, but I can't promise you guys anything (sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry *dances*)

*Cough*

I apologize.