Chapter 14

By the Life of my Enemy

~Jaejoong POV~

 

The next morning I woke up before the sunrise. Thoughts of Yunho filled my mind whether I was sleeping or not. It was frustrating – and dangerous. I meant every single word of what I told Junsu last night. Yunho was a horrible person. He didn’t care about what other people were thinking; he just murdered them if they annoyed him. My train of thoughts led me back to the question I had been asking myself from the very first moment I had arrived: Why was I here? My enemy refused to tell me anything, no matter what I did. I had asked Hangeng, Yoochun, even Amber and Krystal, but none of them answered me.

I slipped into a pair of tight black jeans and a loose shirt that the maids had laid out for me. They told me Krystal would always decide on which clothes they should give me; apparently she wanted it to be something that her brother would like. With a sigh, I walked out of my room. Everyone wanted me to confess to Yunho… but did he want it too? What if he thinks I’m disgusting? What if he already has a girlfriend? Or a boyfriend? I smacked myself on the head. Stop acting like a teenage girl, Kim Jaejoong! And if Yunho had someone already, Krystal would know it. I walked down the stairs, thinking hard. Of course I had to bump into someone and fall. I braced myself for the impact, but none came. Instead I felt strong arms hold me carefully, as if I was a fragile object.

“Are you okay?” His voice made my heart beat quicker.

I quickly stood up, facing him. “Y-yes, I am. Sorry for running into you, I was… thinking.”

“It’s not your fault, I wasn’t looking either.” He seemed distant, as if there was something bothering him. I knew better than to ask him.

“Yunho… can I talk to you about something?”

“If you want to tell me what an I am, then don’t, I already know,” he said sharply. His tone surprised me.

“I wasn’t going to–”

“Look, I’ve got stuff to do. Try not to fall down the stairs again.” Yunho turned and walked up the stairs, not looking back once. I guess Krystal was wrong about him liking me.

 

~Junsu POV~

 

Today was the day. I could do it; I knew I could. Where I suddenly got my confidence? No idea. All I knew at that moment was that I was going to confess to Yoochun. Right now. I was standing in front of the door to his bedroom, wondering how I was going to do this without looking like an idiot. My body decided to ignore my brain and knocked on the door.

“Come in,” Yoochun murmured from the other side. My heart pained at hearing his sad voice.

I walked in. “Yoochun ssi…” He looked at me in surprise, clearly not sure if he should cry or laugh. Without waiting for him to respond in any way, I continued, “I want to apologize to you for sending you away that night. I know it really hurt your feelings, and that’s something that I really don’t want to do. Please forgive me.” I bowed to him.

“Junsu-yah. Is it okay if I call you that?” Yoochun laughed nervously. “I forgive you, I understand why you reacted that way. It must’ve been a shock, you probably aren’t even a fan of homouals or anything, you’re probably straight yourself, but… I had to tell you. It killed me to keep it hidden inside.”

“I’m so sorry. I really never wanted to hurt your feelings that badly. And don’t worry, I’m not a homophobe or anything.” I smiled at him, and to my surprise he smiled back.

“That’s a relief.” His voice was soft, so soft that I could almost feel it brush over my skin like a feather. It gave me goose bumps, but not the uncomfortable kind that you get when you’re cold or scared.

“Yoochun-ah.” I walked towards him until I stood right in front of him. Suddenly nervousness came over me and I bit my lip.

He chuckled slightly. “You know, if you don’t want me to be in love with you, you shouldn’t do these kinds of things.” His lips moved to my ear. “It makes it hard to resist you.”

“But I want you to love me,” I whispered. Yoochun pulled away from me.

“You… what?”

“I think I’m in love with you.” Finally I managed to master the courage to look in his eyes. He smiled again, and that smile of his made my knees weak. If I wasn’t an agent, I swear I would’ve fallen into his arms. But thanks to my training I managed to stay on my feet… for now, that is.

“Saranghae.” After saying this word, Yoochun leaned forwards and closed the gap between us. His lips were soft, just like the first time we kissed. He gently wrapped his arms around my waist, and I put mine around his neck. We fit together perfectly, like two puzzle pieces that had gone through all of this confusion just to find each other. His tongue grazed my lips and I automatically opened my mouth to grant him access. I didn’t even bother to fight for dominance; it was obvious that he would’ve won anyway.

When we pulled away, there was a squeal from outside. “I knew it!” Yoochun and I just laughed at Krystal’s childish behavior. I had finally confessed. Sure, we were enemies, but I didn’t worry about that now – everything was perfect.

 

The next morning, Yunho was gone.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, my lovely subscribers! I feel like you need a name or something... hm...

I HAVE CREATED THE YOOSU!!! FINALLY!!! Took them long enough...

But now Yunho is gone. Is Jaejoong going to find him?

Also, do any of you know who the mysterious guy was who listened to JaeSu's conversation last chapter? Hmm?

I love all of you!