Chapter 3

By the Life of my Enemy

The next morning neither Leeteuk nor Kangin were anywhere to be found. When Jaejoong opened the door to the room where he worked with Junsu and Changmin, the two men looked up at him.

“Did you hear what happened? Someone uncovered a video of KangTeuk making out!” Changmin’s eyes shone with excitement.

Jaejoong sighed. “It was you, right?”

“Sadly, no.”

“What do you mean sadly?” Junsu yelled. “Don’t you realize how serious this is? What if Leeteuk hyung won’t come back? Then who will be boss?”

“I’ll call him,” Jaejoong decided. He stepped out into the hallway and took out his phone.

A soft, sad voice answered. “Yeoboseyeo?”

“LEETEUK HYUNG!!! OHMYGAWD ARE YOU OKAY??!!!” Junsu had opened the door and grabbed Jaejoong’s phone.

“Why would I be okay? Kangin and I… we can’t go back anymore… they’ll laugh at us and won’t listen to me.”

“Hyung!” Jae took the phone back. “But then who will be the boss of this organization? Who will go against Yunho if you’re not there? We can’t function without you, for ’s sake!”

The answer surprised Jaejoong, but Junsu nodded as if he had known all along. “You’ll do it.”

“NO! I can’t!”

“You know Yunho better than anyone else. I originally wanted you to be in charge of this mission, and therefore it’s easier if you’re the big guy.”

“Hyung… please come back.”

“I will, Jae, don’t worry. Just do your best, okay?” With that, Leeteuk hung up.

Jaejoong sighed. “I can’t do this. Junsu–”

“Don’t look at me. And don’t even think of putting Changmin in charge,” the younger stated.

“I heard my name?” Min slumped down on a couch in the corridor where the two others were standing.

“Leeteuk hyung is putting Jae in charge of the organization. And the case, but that was obvious.”

To everyone’s surprise, Changmin nodded thoughtfully. “Jaejoong?”

“What was that?” Jae raised an eyebrow.

“Jaejoong hyung. I wanted you to tell us more about this Yunho guy and the people who work for him.”

 

Five men were sitting at a table and discussing. Jaejoong, Junsu, Changmin, Kyuhyun (who was extremely similar to Changmin, much to Junsu’s annoyance), and Sungmin who looked cute but was a martial arts master.

“So.” Kyu stretched and yawned. “You said you’d tell us more about this Yunho guy and his -kissers.”

“Kyu!” Sungmin smacked the younger’s head. “Shut up, will you?”

Jae took a deep breath and started talking. “As you know, Jung Yunho is our strongest enemy. He is the leader of a mafia organization that has horrible ways of showing what they are capable of. They kill a person and leave him or her somewhere where anyone can see them.” A few pictures appeared on the screen. “The worst mistake you can do is to underestimate him. If he wants to ruin your life, he will.”

“Are you speaking from experience?” Changmin asked. Everyone looked at Jaejoong curiously. Was he really?

“Yes,” the older answered simply. The other men gasped. “Junsu and Sungmin hyung probably remember this. Kim Heechul…”

“Yunho killed him, right?” Sungmin's voice was bitter.

Jae shook his head. “He made him change teams.”

“WHAT?!” Junsu yelled. “HOW THE DID HE DO THAT? Heechul may be an , but he’s extremely loyal.”

“That’s the thing. I don’t know. But there’s something else I have to share with you.”

“And that is?” Kyuhyun’s voice was hard.

“Again, Sungmin and Junsu know this, but the other two of you don’t. A couple of years ago, we were chasing after Yunho, but I aborted the mission in the end.”

“Right, you said that he threatened you and there was absolutely nothing you could do,” Sungmin nodded.

“Well… I lied. He would probably kill me if he found out I told you, but… he sort of… saved my life back then.”

“HOW THE ?” Changmin jumped up.

Jaejoong motioned him to sit back down and continued, “I was hurt and nearly fell off a cliff, but Yunho grabbed my arm. He thought I was his #1 -kisser Yoochun or something. It was an accident. But because of that, I had a debt to him and I repaid it by letting him go.”

Suddenly the door barged open. “Jaejoong-ah!”

“Leeteuk hyung?” everyone called out, confused.

“He’s found! Agents Lee Hyukjae and Lee Donghae found where Yunho is at the moment!”

 

-------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry if you think this chapter is boring, but I have to build up to the YunJae.

So... KangTeuk is uncovered, there's a slight KyuMin and EunHae feel (maybe it's just me :P) and Heechul is a traitor... but why did Heechul switch sides? Will he ever return? *Dan dan daaaaan*