Chapter 27

By the Life of my Enemy

“Well, this is… nice,” Junsu commented through a mouthful of fries.

Yoochun shrugged. “McDonald’s is always nice.” To most people around, his voice seemed casual and happy, but Junsu knew that his boyfriend was trying to hide the pain. Yoochun didn’t want to be a burden.

“Did you try talking to Jaejoong hyung? He’s my cousin but he won’t listen to me.”

“I told Heechul to do it. I hate hospitals.” There it was again, that hidden sad melody in Yoochun’s voice.

“Alright.” Junsu knew better than to mention the misery that was definitely going on in his boyfriend’s mind. “Should I pay?”

“We’ll split the bill,” Yoochun replied. The waitress accepted the money with a smile, and soon the two were seated in Yoochun’s car, driving to Jaejoong’s apartment. They knew the oldest wouldn’t be there. He was still in the hospital as he had been for the past week. The doctors tried to get him away from Yunho, but no can do.

“I’m really tired,” Junsu mumbled and rested his head against the window, gazing into the night.

Yoochun took a deep breath. “Su… this needs to stop.”

“What needs to stop? Us? You want to break up with me?” Junsu was wide-awake again. “Did I say something? Do something?”

“No, no, you’re perfect. We need to stop pretending that we’re okay because you and I both know that we’re not. Granted, you’re more worried about your cousin whilst I’m more worried about my friend, but it comes down to the same thing. I do want to go out on dates with you, Su, and tonight was fun despite not being fancy. However, I really don’t know if I can do it. I can’t pretend anymore. It’s… exhausting.”

The younger of the two nodded in understanding. “I’m glad. I always wanted to say something, but I was worried that I’d hurt your pride or your feelings.”

“Oh god, Su.” Yoochun stopped in front of the house and pulled his boyfriend into a tight hug. “I’m so sorry,” he whispered. “I didn’t know you were doing this. Damn, I feel really bad now.”

“Don’t. I understand why you’re doing this.” Junsu pressed a soft kiss on Yoochun’s lips. “Thank you for being honest with me.”

“Why is it that everything you do makes me love you more?”

Junsu giggled. “Because the two of us together… we’re perfect.”

“Yes we are.” Yoochun got out of the car and opened the door for his boyfriend. The two of them went inside the empty apartment and soon enough fell asleep in each other’s arms.

 

“I hate hospitals,” Yoochun murmured as he and Junsu walked towards Yunho’s room.

“So do I, but we’re doing this for Jae hyung. He needs to eat.” They opened the door and saw the same scene they left yesterday: Jaejoong sitting on a chair holding Yunho’s hand, not moving at all. Doctor Park was gazing at him worriedly.

She looked up when Yoochun cleared his throat. “Ah, hello. Could you maybe try to talk to your friend? I’ve tried to get him to move or sleep or eat or drink for the past hour, but he won’t listen.” Doctor Park smiled thankfully when Junsu nodded. “I have to go check on some other patients. See you later.” With that, she was gone.

“Jaejoong hyung.” Junsu tapped his cousin’s arm, but the latter didn’t react. “Hyung, look at me.”

“Yunho wouldn’t want you to mope around like this,” Yoochun added.

“You’re speaking of him like he’s dead!” Jaejoong’s voice was furious. “I have to be here. I need to be the first one to see him once he wakes up.”

“At least have some food. I don’t want to see my cousin die because he’s not eating enough.”

Jaejoong sighed. “Fine.” He brought Yunho’s limp hand to his lips and placed a gentle kiss on it. Jae stood up abruptly – a mistake. Junsu let out a yelp of shock as his cousin fell on the ground.

“I’ll get the doctor,” Yoochun announced in a rush and stormed out to find someone.

Junsu hugged his cousin and smacked his cheek softly, trying to get him to wake up. “This isn’t happening now, Jae hyung. You’ll be okay. All you need is food.”

 

Half an hour later, Doctor Park had told Jaejoong the same thing. The agent rested in a bed next to Yunho’s, seeing as if someone tried to separate them, Jaejoong would just find a way back to his lover.

“We’re going to run another test with Yunho to check his stability,” Doctor Park declared. “He will be back soon. Don’t worry about anything, there are no risks in this test.” She bowed and left.

“How can I not worry?” Jaejoong whispered.

“You’ll be fine, hyung. Now please sleep.” The older male nodded slightly before obliging to Junsu’s request and closing his eyes.

“Su…” Yoochun began as they stepped out of the room.

“Yeah?”

“I love you.”

Junsu smiled and a warm giddy feeling spread through his body. “I love you too.”

“You may think I’m all strong and , but to be completely honest with you, I’m not. I get sad. I’m insecure sometimes. However I’ve noticed that I’ve been having a lot more positive and less negative feelings ever since we became a couple. You’re amazing, Suie. I love you so much.” Yoochun didn’t wait for a reply and kissed Junsu like it was his last time, like he would die the second their lips parted.

"Yah, you two!" They reluctantly pulled away from each other when none other than Kim Heechul paraded towards them. "I heard the doctors are running another test with Yunho. Do you guys already know the results?"

Yoochun shook his head. "Not yet. Where's Hangeng?"

"He's calling everyone." Heechul sighed. "I can hardly even speak with him anymore. It's horrible."

"Ah, there you are." Once again, Doctor Park came their way with a slightly faded smile.

"News about Yunho hyung?" Yoochun wanted to know.

"Yes, but..."

"But what?"

"We should probably tell his boyfriend as well." She led them back into Yunho's room. "We went over Yunho-ssi's medical papers and over what happened during the operation."

"What conclusion did you come to?" Jaejoong's eyes were full of hope.

"There's a high chance he will never wake up again."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... please don't kill me.

At least there's some fluffy YooSu moments, right? Right?

So HanChul is next, then some KangTeuk, and then some MinRam (because I've been seriously neglecting Changmin and I feel horrible about it) and then the story will eventually come to an end. I think it will be four more chapters. Yep, definitely four.

And when all that's done there shall be a Prequel with HanChul as the main focus, explaining how they met and Heechul switched sides and all that stuff. I will post the link in the description once it's up.

I love you, pancakes <3 stay strong.