Chapter 15

By the Life of my Enemy

A/N: I'd recommend listening to "Love is Ouch" by 2NE1 while reading this ^^

 

~Jaejoong POV~

 

I blinked a couple of times, trying to adjust my eyes to the bright light. Groaning, I sat up and looked around. This wasn’t my room in Yunho’s mansion. I was lying on a thick blanket on the floor. Junsu was next to me, still asleep. My eyes fell on the desk in the middle of the room. It was Leeteuk hyung’s. We were in his office. How did we get here?

“Jaejoong hyung?” Junsu rubbed his eyes. He looked really adorable while doing that… no or anything. I could see why Yoochun fell for my innocent cousin.

“Junsu-ah… we’re in Leeteuk hyung’s office. Do you know how we got here?” I asked while stretching and standing up.

He shook his head. “No. I just remember Yoochun panicking for some reason, and…” he trailed off. I noticed that his eyes had gone misty. “Yoochun.”

“I’m sorry, Su.” I knelt down next to him and put my hand on his shoulder. “I’m so, so, so sorry.”

“It’s okay,” he whispered. A tear ran down his cheek followed by another, then another. Soon he was sobbing loudly.

I hugged him tightly. “Don’t cry… it’ll be okay… please, don’t cry.”

“What happened to him?” Junsu and I turned around to see Leeteuk hyung looking at us in confusion.

“Nothing of importance.” I changed the tone of my voice from caring to professional. I stood back up. “Why are we here?”

The answer was definitely not what my cousin and I expected: “Yoochun brought you here.”

 

~Amber POV~

 

I the music and let my body flow naturally. Dancing was something I really enjoyed; it calmed me down, especially after everything that happened.

“You’ve gotten even better.” Krystal walked up to me and gave me a quick peck on the cheek. I smiled at her.

“I’ve had a lot of time when you were gone. There wasn’t a lot of stuff to do… and I’m always pretty lonely when you’re not here.”

Krystal’s expression suddenly changed from cheerful to sad. “Amber…”

“What’s wrong?” I asked worriedly.

“You will probably hate me for this.”

“You know I could never hate you.” I turned the music back off and took her hand. “I love you too much to do that.”

“But this is different,” she started, but stopped when her voice cracked.

“Oh god, baby.” I pulled her into a hug. “Don’t worry about anything, I’ll always love you, no matter what happens. Promised.”

Krystal wriggled out of the hug. “I’m… leaving for America. I’ll stay there for two years.”

 

~Yoochun POV~

 

I heard shouting and crying from outside, but I didn’t care. I was lying on my bed, curled up in a ball; wishing things weren’t the way they were. First off, Yunho left. Second, he left me a letter. Third… the contents of the letter.

 

Yoochun-ah, I’m sorry for leaving so quickly and unexpectedly. It’s all pretty inconvenient, right? Aish… I really don’t know what to write. There are a couple of things I want you to do – and yes, I’m watching. You won’t be able to get away with not doing these things, so don’t even try.

  1. Make sure Krystal gets back to America safely. I don’t want anything to happen to my sister.
  2. Let Jaejoong and Junsu go. They are of no value anymore. Drug them and deliver them directly to Park Jungsoo’s office today.
  3. Find a different place to stay – he knows where you currently are. Take Heechul, Hangeng, the third agent, and Amber. Make sure that the others know your new location.
  4. Don’t look for me. We’ll see each other again, my friend. I promise.

- Yunho.

P.S. I’m sorry about forcing you to let Junsu go, but if Jungsoo and his agents try to rescue him, he will punish us. Maybe even kill us. Please listen to my instructions; it’s safest for everyone – including Junsu.

 

I gently placed the piece of paper on the table. So Krystal was leaving to America. That explains the shouts and sobs coming through the door. Amber seemed tough, but she was very soft and sensitive on the inside. I remembered when Hangeng brought her to us – a homeless American-Chinese tomboy who got kicked out by her parents for being lesbian. Her Korean was really bad back then, but Hangeng and Krystal taught her a lot. When she started falling for Yunho’s sister, she asked me for advice – it actually worked in the end. When Heechul came along, he hated Amber at first because she was so close to Hangeng, but eventually they grew to like each other, even though they were completely different.

“Yoochun oppa.” It was Krystal. She opened the door, not bothering to knock. Her eyes were red from crying, the mascara had run down her cheeks. “Amber… I hurt her. She’s not talking to me anymore.” The girl sniffled a couple of times. “How do I get her to forgive me?”

I smiled sadly. “You can’t. She’ll have to come to terms with it herself. Don’t think that she doesn’t love you anymore, that’s why she’s hurt. Just let her get over the shock, you know how sensitive she is. Okay?” Krystal nodded and left the room again.

 

~Krystal POV~

 

I stood in the airport, Shindong next to me. He worked for my brother; his job today was to make sure I got to the US safely. Amber didn’t come to say goodbye, only Yoochun did. Hangeng and Heechul decided to stay home as well to take care of the tomboy. My hand was shaking and I nearly dropped my passport as I remembered the sadness and loneliness in her eyes last night. She had told me to be safe, that was it. No goodbye, no “I’m going to miss you”.

“Are you ready?” Yoochun asked me carefully. I turned towards him and nodded. I was really thankful for him that moment.

“Let’s go.” Shindong took my suitcase and softly pushed me in the direction of the checkout. I waved at Yoochun one last time before turning around.

“Shindong oppa?”

“Hm?” His eyes were warm and caring.

“How is Nari?” Nari was his wife. She was currently pregnant.

He sighed. “It’s difficult, but she’s doing fine. The doctors said that everything will go as planned.”

“Make sure to let me meet your child one day,” I said while grinning at him.

“I will, promised.”

Promise. It’s a strong word, isn’t it? I promised Amber to stay by her side forever, but here I was – leaving.

 

~3rd POV~

 

A/N: This color means the characters are speaking in Chinese.

Amber was laying on her stomach on the large soft couch in the living room. Hangeng sat on the couch’s edge and gently patted her back. They had been sitting like this for a while now, Amber not able to move and Hangeng not willing to move in fear of the llama-like girl doing something stupid.

Hangeng gege… would you be able to live without seeing Heechul-ge for two years?”

I would survive it physically, but emotionally I’d be very hurt. Don’t think that I don’t understand how you feel. If anyone can understand what pain it is when the one you love is far away, then that would be me.” Amber knew he was referring to the time five years ago when he and Heechul had first met in China. The beautiful man had struck Hangeng, and the latter likewise struck the Korean. Then Heechul had to go back to Korea.

I know, I just miss her so much already. I couldn’t even bring myself to say goodbye! She must think I don’t care anymore…” Amber lifted her head and hit it down on the pillow. “But I do care,” she murmured. “I care so much that it hurts. Why, gege?” The shorthaired girl sat up suddenly and looked at the man. “Why does it have to hurt? Can’t love just be happy?

Love is happy, but it takes time to achieve that happiness. Until then, love is ouch.

Amber giggled a bit at the song reference. “I just wish Krystal and I could be as happy as you and Heechul-ge.” She flopped herself back on the couch and snuggled deeper into the cushions.

Believe me, you will be.” Hangeng turned his head away from the now sleeping girl and looked at Heechul who had been standing in the doorway for a while now.

“She’ll be okay,” the older of the two murmured. Hangeng just nodded and stood up. He went over to his lover and gave him a soft peck on the lips. Heechul’s smile was sad. “Just don’t ever think of leaving me. I don’t know what you told her, but I heard you say my name in Chinese.”

“I just told her that she will be in a lot of pain now, but once Krystal is back their love will be even stronger. Just like us.”

Heechul giggled, sounding pretty similar to Amber. “You’re so cheesy.”

“And you love it.” Hangeng slid his arm around the feminine man’s waist and pulled him closer, closing the gap between them. Heechul sighed into the kiss and wrapped his arms around the younger’s neck, adding even more fuel to the fire.

Yoochun watched them from outside with a sad expression on his face. He knew that soon he’d have to break their romantic moment and wake Amber up to tell them about Yunho’s orders. He promised himself to follow all of them – except the last one. Yoochun was going to search for Yunho and demand an explanation for all of this. He was not going to give up on Junsu this easily.

Yoochun stood up and walked down the corridor, down a flight of stairs, and into the basement that no one bothered to ever go into. He unlocked a door, opened it, and stepped into the room. Inside was a simple bed, a table, a chair, and a person who looked at him with angry eyes.

“Sorry for the inconvenience, but it looks like we’re relocating… Lee Sungmin.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG! So after I posted the preview and the note that it might take another week until I update, I SUDDENLY GOT BOMBARDED WITH IDEAS and then this chapter came out ^^ I think it's actually the longest chapter I've ever written...

So I didn't let you down! Sort of... JaeSu is no longer imprisoned, Krystal is leaving, Yunho is... somewhere, and Sungmin... YOU ALL FORGOT ABOUT SUNGMIN, DIDN'T YOU? YOU FORGOT THAT HE WAS TAKEN BY YUNHO AND HIS MEN AS WELL!

I specially saved him as a surprise effect in the end :P

So just a heads up: I'll probably update one more time this week (maybe twice, if my ideas keep coming), and then I'll go to Austria to go skiing \(^o^)/ Yayy!! Skiing!!!

I'll be gone for a week, but then I'll be back, so please be patient :)