Chapter 17

By the Life of my Enemy

I'm not dead! *Waves* I'll put the Author's Note at the bottom, but I have a recommendation for you guys. Listen to Painkiller by Spica while reading this chapter. It'll help set the mood.

 

~3rd POV~

 

Jaejoong wasn’t mad. How could he be, when his cousin was finally happy again? However, there was something that really bugged him. Junsu, no matter how friendly he was, got into the habit of making him a third wheel. Whenever he wanted to do something, he’d always drag both his cousin and his boyfriend along, but only paid attention to the latter.

Luckily for Jaejoong, there had been rumors going around about where Yunho could be, requiring him to spend his time in his office. Yoochun refused to say anything except “there’s been too much happening recently, I think he just needs some time”, so no one really knew what to believe. Hyukjae was back, too. Just like Hangeng said, the wound was deep but not deadly. Donghae was definitely the happiest that the agent was all right. As for Leeteuk and Kangin… the older decided not to put Jaejoong in charge, especially after what happened. Kangin, however, had not shown up yet.

Junsu’s knowledge of Yunho’s whereabouts wasn’t much greater. Yoochun told him that he didn’t actually know where Yunho was, but any other details were kept silent.

Until today.

When Junsu woke up in the morning, he saw Yoochun sitting on the bed they shared (“Only for sleeping, nothing more,” Jaejoong had instructed them), reading what seemed to be a letter.

“What’s that?” he inquired.

Yoochun put the letter down. “Nothing important, just…”

“Just what?” When his boyfriend didn’t reply, Junsu pouted. “You said we wouldn’t keep any secrets from each other. If it’s nothing big, just tell me.”

“It’s… Yunho wrote it before he left.”

There was a dead silence. Yoochun gently placed the paper in front of the slightly younger man, motioning him to read it. Junsu picked it up and did as he was told.

Yoochun-ah, I’m sorry for leaving so quickly and unexpectedly. It’s all pretty inconvenient, right? Aish… I really don’t know what to write. There are a couple of things I want you to do – and yes, I’m watching. You won’t be able to get away with not doing these things, so don’t even try.

  1. Make sure Krystal gets back to America safely. I don’t want anything to happen to my sister.
  2. Let Jaejoong and Junsu go. They are of no value anymore. Drug them and deliver them directly to Park Jungsoo’s office today.
  3. Find a different place to stay – he knows where you currently are. Take Heechul, Hangeng, the third agent, and Amber. Make sure that the others know your new location.
  4. Don’t look for me. We’ll see each other again, my friend. I promise.

- Yunho.

P.S. I’m sorry about forcing you to let Junsu go, but if Jungsoo and his agents try to rescue him, he will punish us. Maybe even kill us. Please listen to my instructions; it’s safest for everyone – including Junsu.

 

“Wh-what… who…”

Yoochun put his hand on the other’s shoulder. “Calm down, Su. It’s okay.”

“Who is that guy? The one that knows where you were before you moved? And who is this third agent? You kidnapped someone else? But–” Junsu’s rant was interrupted by Yoochun’s lips on his.

“Please, don’t ask me these kinds of questions. I don’t like thinking about it.”

“I want to know, though,” Junsu whispered, looking down.

Yoochun sighed. “Fine. The third agent is Lee Sungmin.” Junsu’s eyes widened, but the older man held up his hand as a signal that he wanted to speak without being interrupted. “When you guys barged into the warehouse we kidnapped you, Jaejoong, and Sungmin. We let Donghae go because… well, because Yunho wanted it that way. One does not simply question the boss.” Yoochun smiled weakly.

“Tell me more.”

“I remember when you woke up in that room and I told you some stuff. In case you don’t remember, I’ll repeat myself. In order to completely understand Jung Yunho, you first have to know his past. I'm telling you – it's pretty ty. I don't know how many parts he left out whenever he told me about his life, but I'll tell you what I know. He never met his real father. His mom gave birth to him and immediately gave him away to an orphanage. No one knew why. After a couple of years, someone finally adopted him. But that person was an abusive bastard. One time, when the man was doing something bad again, Yunho… accidentally killed him. He told me that he didn't know what to think. He got rid of the guy who hurt him terribly, but he had also just killed someone. In order to avoid anyone suspecting him, he ran away as soon as he could. He eventually reached–” Yoochun paused and laughed a bit. “This was when he interrupted me and started yelling. Do you want me to continue?”

Junsu nodded. “Yes, please. I want to know more about you and Yunho, maybe I can help.”

“Okay then. Yunho eventually reached Hangeng whose parents were rich as hell because they were involved in some kind of… stuff. No one really knows. Anyway, Hangeng and his parents took care of Yunho, but like all good things, this one ended abruptly as well. Geng’s parents were arrested and no one bothered to acknowledge the two teenagers that had nobody except themselves. That was the night I first met them.”

 

~Flashback~

 

Two boys, one Korean and one Chinese, sat on the curb and stared blankly ahead. They had just lost everything they clung on for the past few years. The streets were dark and there were loud voices and crashes echoing across this part of the city. Another Korean boy, slightly younger than the other two, was watching them from behind a lamppost. Eventually he got enough courage to talk to them.

“My name is Yoochun.” It had been a while since he talked; his voice was rough.

“Hangeng,” came the response from the Chinese teenager.

Eventually Yoochun heard a mumbled “Yunho” from the third boy.

 

~End of Flashback~

 

“We talked a lot that night and didn’t sleep at all. Back then I was… well, nothing really. Just a boy with ed up parents. The only recognition I ever got was from the man I worked for. I’m torn about telling you his name and who he really is and everything. I don’t want to put you into greater danger.”

Junsu’s smile was sad, but there nevertheless. “You can do this, Yoochun. You can tell me.” He gently squeezed the other’s hand.

“His name is… Lee Sooman. He was my boss back then and still is. Everyone thinks Yunho is in charge, but he’s not. He’s a puppet that Sooman uses to keep himself hidden and safe. And before you say anything, yes, we did think of escaping. But how can you escape from the man who saved your life and who threatens to end it if you don’t obey him? He’s like a father from a horror story.” Again Yoochun laughed a hollow laugh that started giving Junsu goose bumps.

“Who else knows about this?” he whispered hoarsely.

“Yunho, obviously, Hangeng, Heechul, Amber, Krystal, Shindong, Nari, Luhan, Tao, Kai, Kris, Sehun, and Kyungsoo. They are the ones who know the entire story. Shindong is sort of like Krystal’s bodyguard, I guess. Nari is his wife. Luhan, Tao, and Kris are Chinese and joined thanks to Hangeng. Kai is Sooman’s adopted son. Sehun and Kyungsoo joined after nearly being killed.” A tear ran down the older man’s cheek. “Sooman, known as SM, will take all the help he can get in doing… whatever the hell he wants to do. That’s why he accepted Heechul pretty quickly five years ago.” More tears came from his eyes and Junsu pulled him into a tight hug.

“We can do this together. I promise that I’ll stay with you no matter what. I love you, Yoochun-ah.” Yoochun didn’t respond, but the way he held onto his boyfriend for dear life made it clear that he felt the same way, too.

 

Leeteuk was about to go home, when he heard Kyuhyun’s voice: “Sungminnie!” The man rushed to the source and found the two men embracing. Both of them were crying.

“What is the meaning of this?” Leeteuk asked. They pulled apart and Sungmin was about to say something, when a voice from behind him stopped him.

“I’m Jung Yunho.” The man stepped closer to the agents. “Arrest me.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HAVE FINALLY UPDATED!! But it's not as happy as you guys probably wanted... but hey, Yunho is back. That's good, right? Sort of? Not really?

Thanks to you guys for sticking with me even during my writer's block crisis. Don't expect me to update too often, though. Especially not with this topic, I really prefer writing Fluff.

Oh, and check out my BangLo fanfic: Quaerimus Veritatem (Latin names make everything fancy).

I love you guys! *Hands out cookies*