Chapter 4

By the Life of my Enemy

The old warehouse was worn-down and looked haunted in the soft light of the moon. Together with Hyukjae, Donghae, Junsu, and Sungmin, Jaejoong silently snuck up to it. Okay, they weren’t a lot of people, but these situations required stealth, so the smaller the group the better. They didn’t actually have the intention of going in there and shooting people. Instead, their job was to make sure that Yunho was actually in there and maybe find out some information along the way. Kangin didn’t return to the company yet, and Leeteuk refused to talk to anyone other than Jaejoong.

“Ready?” Sungmin whispered. The others nodded and snuck into the building. They moved quickly and silently, always keeping an eye out for their enemies. And then they saw them. Four of them. Yunho was sitting in a large office chair with a mixture of dangerousness and relaxation. In front of him stood Yoochun, the swift killer Hangeng, and a third person who the five agents couldn’t recognize. He/she/it looked feminine, but they weren’t sure of it.

“First of all, Yoochun, thank you for the video. The best way to get to your enemy is to get rid of their allies.” Yunho nodded at his -kisser (as Changmin would call him), who beamed with pride. The boss turned his attention to someone else. “Princess. What can you tell us about your little buddy that helps me?”

The female-looking person whispered something into Hangeng’s ear. The latter nodded. “We think they are not aware of being watched,” the Chinese man said, empathizing random words.

“I thought his Korean wasn’t all too bad?” Hyukjae hissed. Jaejoong shrugged in return.

The five men looked back at Yunho when he laughed. “Ah… so pathetic.” He stood up and began walking around. “Kim Jaejoong,” he sang. “Come out, come out wherever you are!”

Jae froze. “.”

“How the hell?” Junsu whispered. The other men shrugged and quietly tried to make their way towards the exit.

“I don’t think so!” The voice belonged to Yoochun who had made his way in front of the agents. He grabbed Sungmin’s arm – a bad mistake. As cute and childish as the agent was, there was hardly anyone out there who could beat him in martial arts. Sungmin tugged powerfully, causing Yoochun to lose his balance for a second. That was enough. The bunny-like man grabbed Yoochun’s shoulders and slammed him against the wall.

“It’s nice to see you again, Jaejoong.” The deep, husky voice always sent shivers down Jae’s spine. Yunho was leaning against the wall, looking calm. It was a trick he used to make other people believe that he was completely in control and knew exactly what he was doing. But over the years Jaejoong learned that Yunho wasn’t always in control. He didn’t always know what he was doing. Even though Jae was younger than his enemy, he had outsmarted him before.

“Pleasure’s all mine,” Jaejoong replied with an unshaken voice. He saw Donghae looking at him in surprise, but kept his cool.

Yunho smiled. "I'm sorry for Yoochun's behavior, but we don't get… visitors very often. You know what I mean, right?"

"I understand perfectly. Anyway, I didn't come here for no reason. There's something I'd like to ask you."

"You can ask anything you want. Whether or not I'll give you an answer is a different story." The man had walked back to his chair and sat down.

Jaejoong took a deep breath before asking the question that he had wanted to ask for so long. "How did you get Heechul hyung to betray us and go over to your side?"

There was a moment of silence as everyone, including the agents who were trying to leave and Yunho's men who held them in place looked at the man on the large chair.

"I didn't force him, if that's what you mean. It was his decision."

"I have another question."

"Will this never end?" Yunho sighed dramatically, but then motioned Jae to continue.

"Five years ago. I nearly died that day, do you remember? You could've killed or kidnapped me. Why didn't you?"

"I was sick of it. You said you'd blow off the mission, and I wanted time."

"Weren't you the one who nearly shot me before?"

The conversation between the two men grew more intense and the fighting people stopped to listen.

"I regret not killing you that day."

"So kill me," Jaejoong said coldly.

Hyukjae couldn't stop himself anymore. "Kim Jaejoong! Are you insane? Don't you know better than to–" He was cut off by a bullet that pierced his stomach.

"Hyukjae!" Donghae yelled.

Jae glared at Yunho. "What the was that?"

"Geng… you didn't have to shoot him, you know." Yunho turned and looked at the man with the gun.

"I know," the Chinese man replied calmly. "But I don't think he'll die, at least not if he gets to a hospital soon. Should we let them go and help their friend?"

"That guy who looks like a fish can go… but the others? Nah. It would ruin the fun."