Chapter 22

By the Life of my Enemy

~3rd POV~

 

Yunho was allowed to walk around outside of his cell. Jaejoong was nervous about meeting him, but so far the slightly younger man didn’t go anywhere near the agent. Leeteuk and Jae were currently strolling down the hallway, discussing different things, when Yunho finally appeared. He wasn’t alone. Next to him stood a young man, probably still underage. He had slightly messy hair and his skin was more tan than the average Korean’s. Jaejoong felt a pang of jealousy in his chest.

Yunho nodded towards the boy. “This is Kai. SM’s son.” Kai bowed.

“Hello,” Leeteuk replied, a bit bewildered. “What are you doing here?”

“Well, my father’s an , Yunho hyung was thinking of getting rid of him, and I’m willing to help.”

“Why?” Jaejoong inquired, taken aback by Kai’s bluntness.

“First of all, I don’t approve of the entire killing everyone you hate thing. Secondly, he never considered me as his son. Yoochun hyung came first, then me, but he never really cared about me. Don’t you think I was mad? Why do you think I first started the whole underground club dancing business? It’s not exactly the safest profession. Creepy old erted men…” Kai shuddered. “But do you think SM gave a damn? No, of course not! Why should he care that his son is a dancer in an underground gay club? It’s not like I mean anything to him.”

Leeteuk motioned for the boy to come with him. “We’ve got some things to discuss.” Kai followed the older man, leaving Jaejoong and Yunho standing in the middle of the hallway awkwardly.

“So… you and Kai are good friends?” Jae asked eventually to break the silence.

“Not really. He never liked me because SM paid more attention to me than him,” Yunho answered. “All these events though… they’ve brought Kai to overlook his jealousy and join us.”

“You two seemed close.”

Yunho raised an eyebrow in amusement. “Jealous, agent?”

“No, I’m not. And can you stop calling me that? It makes me feel uncomfortable.” Jaejoong pouted and Yunho laughed.

“I can’t believe you’re older than me. You look like a little kid when you do that.”

"Did you really mean it?" Jaejoong asked out of the blue.

"Did I mean what? That you look like a kid?"

"The letter. It's just too good to be true, I thought you hated me, but…"

Yunho smiled softly and instead of answering he gently took Jaejoong's hand in his own and leaned forwards. Their lips met in a soft, innocent kiss. There was no heat, no battling for dominance, only two people who needed to feel the other.

Of course someone had to interrupt them. “Yunho? Are you here? For ’s sake, that Leeteuk dude said you are but if you’re not… OH MY GOD!!! YOU GUYS FINALLY CONFESSED? GENG, IT HAPPENED!!” The voice belonged to no other than Kim Heechul who raced towards them and pulled them both in a bone-crushing hug.

“Calm down, Chullie,” Hangeng chuckled and pulled his boyfriend away from the new couple.

“What are you guys doing here?” Yunho asked in surprise.

“Yoochun called us. He said you got Kai here and that you made a plan to bring SM down.” As always, the Chinese man’s voice was calm.

“Where’s Amber?”

“She followed Krystal to the US. Krystal felt extremely guilty and Amber was really hurt, but don’t worry. Shindong and Nari are taking care of them.”

“Do you still hate me, Jaejoong?”

Jae’s eyes widened in surprise at Heechul’s sudden words. “What do you mean?”

“For leaving.”

“Of course not. I understand why you did what you did perfectly,” Jaejoong replied with a smile. “Coming to think of it… I probably would’ve done the same thing.”

 

Jae had his eyes focused on the road, but occasionally his gaze would drift over to the slightly younger man in the passenger seat. They had discussed different plans with the other agents as well as Yoochun, Hangeng, Heechul, and Kai, and were now on their way to Jaejoong’s apartment. The agent didn’t want Yunho to have to sleep in a cell.

“Are we there yet?” Jaejoong laughed a bit but shook his head. Yunho pouted.

“Who’s the little kid now?” the older teased, earning a glare from the other male.

“Still you. You actually look cute when doing it.”

“Oh, so I’m only cute when I do aegyo?”

“Yes. The rest of the time you’re the prettiest yet most handsome man I have ever laid eyes upon. I bet you could turn even the straightest of all men gay… but don’t do that. I don’t want anyone else to see the shy, adorable, innocent side of the tough agent. You’re mine.”

Jaejoong felt Yunho’s breath against his ear and nudged the younger with his elbow. “Stop distracting me or we’ll crash.” A chuckle escaped Yunho’s lips and he leaned back in his chair.

 

“So this is where you live?” he asked as they got out of the car.

“Yeah. I know it’s not a huge fancy mansion like yours, but it’s enough. I only sleep here anyways, and even that’s rare.”

“You should take more breaks. It’s not healthy to work 24/7.” Jaejoong smiled at Yunho’s worried tone.

“Okay, okay, I’ll only work 23/7. How does that sound?” Yunho shook his head. “23/6?”

“That’s as far as you’re going to go, is it?”

“Yes.”

Yunho sighed. “Fine. But once this whole thing is over you should get yourself a safer job. I don’t want my boyfriend shot because he was too tired to pay attention to his surroundings.”

“I can’t just quit,” Jaejoong argued. “They are my friends. I usually don’t work out in the field anyways, so it’ll be okay.” He turned the key in the lock and stepped inside his apartment.

That night, both of them slept more peaceful than they had in a long time. Yunho held Jaejoong close and gently placed a kiss on the older man’s soft plump lips before closing his eyes and smiling when Jae snuggled closer against him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

LET THERE BE FLUFF! I think we all need a break from the whole "SM is on our tail and might kill all of us" thing. I also have to build up to the most important part which some of you may hate me for, but it is necessary *evil laugh*.

Saranghaeyeo, Pancakes ^^