Chapter 24

By the Life of my Enemy

Jaejoong was scared. Of course he was. A couple of minutes ago, he had told Leeteuk about his plan. Now he was sitting in the back of a car driven by two men with masks. He had just stepped outside the large building in which he worked to find Kai when he was attacked. He resisted, of course, but when it’s five against one it gets kind of hard, especially when your gun is lying on your desk. The men threw him in the black jeep and drove off.

“Where are you taking me?”

“Not important,” one of them huffed.

“Is your boss Lee Sooman?”

“Not important.”

“So you won’t tell me anything.” Jaejoong sighed and let his head rest against the tinted window. He couldn’t see where they were going, but he supposed that SM was the one who ordered the men to take him there. Maybe Yunho would be there too. The thought cheered Jae up and he spent the rest of the drive concentrating on the younger man. That mole above his lips that Jaejoong wanted to kiss, the feeling of his strong arms wrapped around Jae’s slim waist, his voice, the sparkle in his eyes, everything about him made Jaejoong fall in love with him even more.

 

“Yunho hyung!” Yunho turned around and looked into Kyungsoo’s large eyes.

“What do you want?” he growled angrily.

“Have you seen Kai anywhere? I heard he disappeared…” Kyungsoo trailed off and let his head hang. Yunho hadn’t been completely oblivious to the attraction the younger felt towards SM’s son.

“He’s rebelling. And with that I don’t mean the whole ‘I’m rebelling by dancing in an underground gay club’ thing, but I mean that he left and joined Park Jungsoo’s organization.”

“Wait, what?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened even more, if possible.

“SM is an . Hangeng, Heechul, Krystal, Amber, Kai… we’re sick of this . We want to stop SM’s madness and shut down the organization. You should join. Kai will be happy to see you again.” Yunho was surprised at how quickly his anger had subsided nearly completely.

“You think I should? I never really thought about it… I never had anywhere else to go. I guess I should talk with the others about this.”

Yunho nodded. “Let’s face it. Our lives were supposedly better after SM took us in. But what price did we have to pay? Do you know how young I was on my first mission? However, none of us dared to leave. We were afraid. Afraid of the unknown, afraid of a life without the rules we always had to follow, afraid of freedom.” He paused for a while. “The only one who ever did something was Kai, and he was completely ignored by everyone.”

“I didn’t ignore him,” Kyungsoo whispered. “I was always there for him. But I didn’t know what he was doing and then… then he just disappeared. I heard some rich guy used him to cheat on his wife.”

“And there’s the thing: SM didn’t give a single . It didn’t matter that he adopted Kai and raised him as a son. If someone’s not useful, they’re not important.”

“And you think I can help you?”

“Yes. Go to Park Jungsoo’s organization, meet up with Kai, talk to him and then find Jungsoo himself and let him explain the whole plan to you.” Kyungsoo smiled before leaving to fulfill Yunho’s friendly orders.

 

Jaejoong landed on the hard ground with a thud. He lifted his head to look at an elderly man with a cocky smirk plastered on his aged face.

"Agent Kim Jaejoong," the man began. "It is an honor to meet you personally. Yunho had been going on and on about you since he first saw you… it got slightly boring after a while."

"Who… are… you?"

The man laughed and the sound drove chills down Jaejoong's spine. "Ah, how impolite of me. My name is Lee Sooman. Call me SM." Realization washed over the agent and he was about to say something, when a third voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Leave him alone." The two men turned to see Yunho stride into the room with a dark expression. Jaejoong could have cried out of relief that his lover was still alive.

“Oh, should I? You have really disappointed me, Yunho,” SM said with a fake sweet voice.

“Have you ever thought about the possibility that I might not give a single about what you think or say?”

"A disobedient kid like you must be punished. I could kill you."

"You think of him as your own child!" Jaejoong blurted out.

SM sighed and pulled out a gun. He twirled it around in his hands while talking. “Yes, I do. However, this child is becoming trouble. He’s no longer of any use to me and might just be dangerous. Death… death would help me and serve him right.”

"I won't stop you."

"What?" Both males were confused at Yunho's words.

The man’s eyes darkened and he walked forwards until he stood two meters in front of SM. "Go ahead and kill me."

The shot echoed through the long hallways of the abandoned office building, followed by a scream.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I told you to enjoy the fluff while you still can :P

Askdfslkfljkashdalfj I felt so bad writing this T__T

But hey, two updates in two days! It's something! Right?

I love you, Pancakes ^^