Chapter 18

By the Life of my Enemy

~Leeteuk POV~

 

I was lying on the couch in the living room of the apartment I shared with Kangin. My mind was still trying to process what happened. First, Jung Yunho hacked into our computer system and left us a hint of where to find him. Then, Jaejoong, Junsu, Sungmin, Hyukjae, and Donghae go to investigate. Hyukjae gets shot in the stomach, Donghae gets released, and Jaejoong, Junsu, and Sungmin are kidnapped. After about one week, Yoochun suddenly brings Jaejoong and Junsu back here. Yunho disappears. Yoochun is on our side for now. Sungmin comes back and Yunho turns himself in. What.

I grabbed my phone and called Jaejoong. “Jaejoong-ah.”

“Hm?”

“Jung Yunho is back.”

I heard him gasp. “What? Where is he now? What do you want me to do?”

“Calm down Jaejoong,” I chuckled. “He turned himself in yesterday after he released Sungmin.”

“Oh,” he whispered after a short break. “Do you know why?”

I shook my head before remembering that he couldn’t see it over the phone. “He just said ‘I’m Jung Yunho. Arrest me,’ and that was that. You should see him, Jae. He’s nothing like we thought. He doesn’t argue, doesn’t fight, just sits around and looks sad. Oh, and he requested for you to see him.”

“Alright, I’ll go.” Jaejoong’s voice was painfully soft, like it was killing him to think about Yunho.

“I know you hate him and he kidnapped you, but–”

“That’s not the problem.”

“Then what is?” I was met with silence again. “Jae?”

“He was surprisingly friendly to me when I was at his mansion. I think… I might be like Heechul hyung.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. “What?”

“I never told you?” He sounded confused. “The reason why Heechul hyung left and joined Yunho.”

“Never.”

“He fell in love with Hangeng.”

I dropped the phone. That explained everything, Heechul’s depression when he came back from China, his refusal to fight against Yunho’s team, his sudden disappearance in the night when Jaejoong blew off the mission after which we never saw him again.

“Leeteuk hyung?” Jaejoong sounded worried. “Are you alright?"

I picked up the phone again. “Yes, sorry, I was just… shocked. But now that you say it, that does make sense somehow… and you said you’re like Heechul? You mean… you’re in love with Yunho?” The silence answered my question. “Oh.”

 

~3rd POV~

 

Yoochun watched as the guard pulled out his key and unlocked the cell in which Yunho was kept. The metal door slid open and Yoochun stepped in. The door closed behind him with a clang, and then there was silence.

“Yunho hyung,” he started somewhat awkwardly.

The older male stood up from his chair. “What are you doing here, Yoochun? Didn’t my letter state not to look for me and to stay away from Junsu? It’s safer for everyone.”

“I didn’t look for you. I wanted to, yes, but then you apparently decided to give up. Why?”

“You don’t need to know everything. This is something between SM and me. Don’t worry. I’ll be safe.”

“When you see SM the next time, tell him I quit.” Yoochun’s words turned the already uncomfortable atmosphere ice cold.

“What?” Yunho whispered. “You’re quitting? And yet you say that I’m the one giving up?” His voice turned louder and louder. “You really want to give up on everything? After all we’ve been through together… SM thinks of you almost like a son!”

“Then he’s a father from a horror story. Yes, I was with him longer than anyone else, even longer than Kai. That’s one of the reasons why I want to leave. I can’t stand this anymore! Don’t you remember what we originally wanted? We didn’t want to kill anyone, did you forget? It was never supposed to come this far!” Yoochun’s breath shook. “The only thing we ever wanted was someone who cared about us. For a long time, this person was SM. But now I’ve found someone else who cares about me, who loves me, someone who would never give me up and definitely never force me to kill anyone. I want to leave SM and stay with Junsu.”

Yoochun swore he saw tears in Yunho’s eyes, but they were gone the second they came. “Then leave. Go away and never speak to me again! I can’t stand being around someone who gives up his friendship and his entire life for something that might disappear soon. When Junsu falls in love with someone else, don’t expect SM or me or anyone else to welcome you. Get out.”

Yoochun turned abruptly and slammed the door shut behind him. “Lock it very well,” he told the guard. “He’s going insane.”

 

Leeteuk entered Yunho’s room a few hours after Yoochun left. The mafia boss was standing still, staring at the wall. He seemed stiff and tense.

“Yunho-ssi.” The younger of the two didn’t move. “I have some questions to ask you.” Still no answer. “Are you going to cooperate or not?”

Yunho laughed hollowly. “Cooperate? With who? You? No. Definitely not.”

“Why did you turn yourself in after kidnapping Jaejoong, Junsu, and Sungmin? Why did you bring the three back? Why did you disappear?”

That laugh again. It made Leeteuk uncomfortable, and Yunho knew it. “That’s my little secret. I’d love to chat with you, really, but not until I speak with Kim Jaejoong.” A cocky smirk plastered itself on Yunho’s face. “Or is he too afraid to speak to me?”

“Don’t kid yourself,” Leeteuk replied calmly. “I will bring him here, but you will have to answer all of his questions.”

Yunho shrugged. “We’ll see.”

Leeteuk sensed that this was the closest to a “yes” he would get and left the room with a sigh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Pancakes (that is forever my name for you guys. I love pancakes and I love you so it's awesome)!

As you can see, I've gotten over my writer's block and my laziness. Yayy!!

So now Leeteuk knows, and being the angel he is, he will help Jaejoong because someone has to do it.

The friendship between Yunho and Yoochun has disappeared... poor babies.

As for the whole HanChul thing, I'll write a prequel once I'm done with this story focusing on them.

I will gladly accept all comments XD