Chapter 29

By the Life of my Enemy

Song recommendation time! Either Daesung's Baby Don't Cry (Acapella) or Obsession by SHINee OR SNSD's Tears. Now enjoy the KangTeuk! And don't murder me T__T

 

Leeteuk’s grasp on Kangin’s hand tightened when he opened the door to Yunho’s room and saw Jaejoong asleep on the ex mafia boss’ chest. The couple came closer wordlessly and Kangin let out a barely audible gasp when he saw Yunho’s files that Doctor Park had left in the room.

“What is it, love?” Leeteuk questioned and took a look at the papers as well.

“They say he’s in a very bad condition. He might never wake up again.”

“Poor Jaejoongie,” the older of the two whispered and let go of his lover’s hand to go over to the agent. “I hope everything will be alright.”

Kangin stepped next to Leeteuk. “What if it isn’t?”

“We can’t think of these things now!”

“We need to be realistic, Teukie. I don’t like talking about death in general, especially not in a situation like this, but we shouldn’t try to deny what might happen. I definitely don’t want Yunho to stay like this forever, no matter how much I hated him before. However, if we pretend that all is great, we will build up too much sadness and it might be overwhelming.” Kangin pulled his boyfriend into a protective hug. “I love you, Teukie-ah.”

“I love you too,” Leeteuk mumbled. “I don’t want to pretend either, but… I really want Yunho to survive. For his sake, for Jaejoong’s sake, for Yoochun, Hangeng, and all these other people they told us about.”

 

Leeteuk and Kangin were on their way out of the hospital, when they saw a young man wearing street style clothes jog towards them. “Are you two Jungsoo-ssi and Youngwoon-ssi?”

“We prefer being called Leeteuk and Kangin, but yes, we are,” Kangin answered. “And who are you?”

“My name is Amber. Hangeng gege didn’t tell you we were coming?”

Leeteuk blinked. “You’re Amber? I didn’t think you’d be so… tomboy-ish. No offense or anything.”

“None taken.” Amber waved it off casually. “Krystal stopped by Yoochun gege, but she should be here soon. How is he… how is he doing?”

“Not very well. He might never wake up again. I’m so… I’m so freaking sorry. There could’ve been something I could’ve done, but I didn’t think of it.”

“Don’t blame yourself,” Amber said softly. “You didn’t do anything wrong. Yunho gege must’ve known what he was doing. Something like this… he would never sacrifice himself for someone without already knowing what would happen. He knew he was going to die.”

“Where is my brother?” Krystal’s hardly audible voice made Leeteuk even more depressed than he was before.

“His room is down the hall, first door to the right,” Kangin answered. To everyone’s surprise, he suddenly moved from his spot beside Leeteuk to embrace Krystal. The girl lost it and started sobbing into the man’s chest.

Amber joined them. “Baby, don’t cry,” she whispered. Tears were streaming down her face as well, but she didn’t seem to notice. Leeteuk couldn’t hold back either and practically ran into Kangin’s arms. The four of them were standing there in a tight hug, all of them crying.

“Sorry guys.” Krystal was the first to pull away. She sniffed. “I just…”

“It’s alright, Krystal-ssi.” Leeteuk smiled sadly. “Go and see your brother.”

“Let’s go, Krys.” Amber wrapped her arm around the younger girl’s waist and gently guided her to Yunho’s room.

 

“You know, Teukie… sometimes I’m kind of glad that Yunho found that video of us. Someone would’ve noticed eventually.” Kangin and Leeteuk were watching a movie with the older’s head buried in Kangin’s lap.

“Mmh,” was the only reply. A few seconds later it was followed by a groan. Leeteuk’s phone was ringing loudly, disrupting their more or less calm time together. “Yeoboseyeo?” Leeteuk shot up. “Doctor Park!”

“Can you put it on speaker?” Kangin asked and his boyfriend nodded and pushed the button.

“I have news about Jung Yunho.”

“Did he… did he wake up?”

“No.”

Leeteuk felt his heart drop. “Then… what kinds of news do you have?”

“Not the best, I’m afraid.” She told them the news and Kangin just managed to catch Leeteuk who had lost strength in his legs due to shock.

“Jaejoong…” he whispered.

“I’m so sorry.” There was sadness in Doctor Park’s voice. “I will proceed to tell your friends about it.”

“We will do that instead,” Kangin decided. “Thank you for your hard work.” He hung up and turned to his pale lover. “Teukie…”

“I can’t tell Jaejoong. I wouldn’t be able to stand the pain on his face. It’s hard enough now, but after this…”

“Then I’ll call Changmin and talk to him about it. He’s been with Jaejoong most of the time, the only times he was gone was when Karam was still sick and Changmin took care of him.” Kangin took his own phone and punched the number in.

“Yeoboseyeo?”

“Changmin-ah…”

“Ah, raccoon hyung! What is it?”

Kangin ignored the childish nickname. At least that brat called him hyung. “The doctors have come to a decision about Yunho. Do you think you’d be able to tell Jaejoong hyung?”

“Of course.” A short pause. “So, what is it?”

“They want to… aish, this is difficult.”

“Why? Is it something good?”

“I’m afraid not.”

“Then what is it?”

“They think it’s best to pull the plug on Yunho.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

WHY DID I WRITE THIS WHY AM I BEING SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON MY OWN FIC IS GIVING ME SAD FEELS THIS IS REALLY REALLY BAD T__T

I honestly never meant to write this. Like seriously. I wanted Changmin to barge in, shoot SM before he can kill Yunho, and then some happy YunJae . But now. I had to put Yunho in a coma.

OTL I don't know anymore...

My dear Pancakes... I'm sorry. BUT I WUV YOU! (I'm so sorry but I love you I just can't lie~)

Don't kill me! *Flees*