Chapter 1

By the Life of my Enemy

Jaejoong knelt down and looked into the empty eyes of the dead man. He had been found under a bridge half an hour ago. A bullet had pierced through his body, causing instant death.

“What do you think?” The high-pitched voice belonged to Junsu, Jae’s younger cousin.

“It probably was them. You say it was in a place that wasn’t very well hidden and a local man found it when he was walking towards the bridge. You know that they love to leave their victims somewhere where everyone can see. It scares the people, and that’s what they want.” Heartless bastards.

Junsu nodded thoughtfully. He glanced over to a young man reclining in an office chair. “Changmin! What are you doing?”

“Eating,” Changmin answered calmly while stuffing a piece of cake in his mouth.

“Could you–”

“Don’t argue again, it’s really getting annoying,” Jaejoong interrupted. “You guys will have to continue on your own. Leeteuk hyung sent me a text message that he has to talk with me.” He got up and took off his doctor mask and his rubber gloves. “Don’t kill each other, okay?”

 

Jaejoong stood in front of Leeteuk’s door and was about to knock when he heard a voice from inside.

“Not now, honey.”

“Why not?” It was a man’s voice, but Jae couldn’t recognize it.

Leeteuk sighed. “I have a meeting with Kim Jaejoong now, so we’ll have to wait until later. I’m sorry, but the case has really been keeping me on edge, and–”

Something muffled his voice and Jae couldn’t resist the urge to peek through the keyhole. What he saw surprised him. A lot. The man whose voice he heard before was pushing Leeteuk against the wall. Jaejoong recognized him as Kangin, one of the most experienced agents. What was really shocking though was that their lips were pressed together tightly.

Jaejoong felt his phone vibrate. “Yeoboseyeo?” he asked quietly.

“Kim Jaejoong! I have great news!”

“Not a good time, Min.”

Changmin snorted. “What’s happening? Busy with Jungsoo hyung?” Jungsoo was Leeteuk’s real name, but he preferred the latter.

“No, someone else is busy with him.”

What?”

“He’s making out with Kangin. You know, Kim Youngwoon. The big built guy?”

“Holy Pikachu, that’s awesome. HURRAY FOR SCANDALIST RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN BOSS AND WORKER!”

“Shut up, Min, I don’t want them to hear me.”

“Why not? You should barge in there and yell ‘I knew it! I ing knew it!’ just to scare the crap out of them.”

He shook his head. “No. I’m going to wait until they’re done, then I’ll talk to Leeteuk hyung about the case. And you keep your mouth shut.”

“I just have one more question.”

“What?” Jaejoong was clearly annoyed.

“Aren’t there cameras installed in each office?”

“Yes, but Leeteuk hyung is the boss of this company, so no one has the permission to look at the camera recordings of his office, not even the guards. That would only be allowed if hyung gets murdered in that room or something, and that’s pretty unlikely. And now goodbye.”

Changmin was about to protest, but Jaejoong quickly hung up. He walked over to a black leather couch and sat down, waiting. He stretched out his legs and in that moment Kangin walked out of the office. Jae pretended to be texting someone.

Once the man disappeared from his sight, Jaejoong got up and knocked on Leeteuk’s door.

“Come in!”

“Why are you so breathless?” Jaejoong asked, smirking.

Leeteuk blushed. “I… was working out.”

“With Kim Youngwoon?”

“That’s not important. I have a reason why I called you here.” Leeteuk gestured towards a chair and Jaejoong sat down. “I found some… interesting information.” He typed something on his laptop and showed it to the younger man.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry that it took me so long to update, guys!

So, here's the first chapter! What do you guys think? Is it too short?