Baseball Tryouts

Never Moved On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is delicated to: Evil-005, forever_sonelf & xyoonhae.

Thank you for subscribing! <3

 

 

 

Chapter 9: Baseball Tryouts

 

Donghae was in his running attire, the cheerleaders behind him as they made their way towards the school's field. The girls had wanted to cheer for their new friend. And especially because they wanted to see Siwon get his kicked.

 

Although SM Town University's baseball team (the Bulldogs) were great, they were not as extraordinary as Donghae's previous team (the Stingrays). Seoul University was the only team that SM Town has failed to defeat.

 

"Aish, I'm getting nervous," Donghae mumbled as he rubbed his sweaty palms together.

 

Yoona rubbed his arm comfortably. "Don't be. You're the best pitcher I've ever known or seen so far. Two years ago, you were brilliant. I bet you're extraordinary now."

 

Doonghae grinned, "Thanks Yoona."

 

Yoona smiled as she gave him a shove towards the spot where Siwon and the rest of the guys were, doing their warm-ups. "Go get him Tiger!"

 

"You do know that you sound exactly like hyukie right?" Donghae laughed.

 

"Oh whatever, he copied my style!" Yoona snorted, as she pointed at her herself. "I'm the original one."

 

Donghae chuckled as he jogged towards a burly man, who was probably the coach, since he was wearing a shirt that said...coach. "Hello sir, my name's Lee Donghae. I've just transferred to this school yester-"

 

"HOLY MOTHER OF FUDGE CAKES!" The man yelped, his eyes widening. "Y-you're Lee Donghae-sshi! F-from Stingray!"

 

Donghae froze for a second in shock at his dramatic reaction. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm Donghae from Stingray."

 

"Oh my god, oh my god," he stuttered. "Aish, really. I sound like a girl now." The man rubbed his forehead as he took several deep breaths to calm himself down.

 

"Sorry about that, you've just always been my favourite person in the world. I've always wanted you as a son. Anyways, I'm Kang Jae Jin, but please call me Coach Kang. It's a great honour to have you in my team. Provided you're joining the team?" He asked.

 

"Ah, it's okay. It's an honour to meet you Coach Kang. And yes, I wish to join the team. When does tryouts start?" Donghae asked.

 

"No no no, you can be in the team straightaway. I know what you can do, Donghae. You don't have to show it to me." Coach Kang smiled. "Mr Choi, come here for a sec!"

 

Siwon came jogging over, glaring at Donghae. "What's up, coach?"

 

"I would like you to meet Donghae, our new member of the Bulldogs family. I'm sure you know him; he's the ex-pitcher for Stingrays. The both of you are our strongest pitchers, we are going to have a scrimmage tomorrow afternoon. Siwon will play as pitcher for one team, and Donghae for another. Whoever's team win will take the pitcher spot." Coach said.

 

"WHAT?! That's unfair! I've already earned the spot, why can't he be one of the reserves?" Siwon yelled.

 

"You better watch that tone with me Mr Choi," Coach Kang growled. "And, Donghae is one of the best pitcher you and I have ever seen. If I didn't give him a chance, we'll never win the championship game. Since Donghae's not playing for the Stingrays anymore, we only have to watch out for Tim. We'll have the chance in coming in first place! And besides, Donghae against Tim will be one heck of a game, and you know it."

 

"But-"

 

"No more buts Siwon. Go back to practice," then, Coach Kang turned to face Donghae. "Donghae, please follow him while I head back to the office to get the uniform for you. It's really great that you'rer here." He grinned as he walked away, towards the locker room.

 

Siwon muttered, as he led the way, "Stupid new kid coming in to steal my position-"

 

"Donghae oppa, fighting!" Tiffany shouted as she and Taeyeon jumped up and down on the stands.

 

"-and stealing my girl," Siwon finished. Donghae rolled his eyes, but he chose to ignore that statement. He wasn't interested in looking for a fight with him. And besides, he knew Siwon would never have Tiffany; not in a million years, and not even if Siwon was the last man on earth. He would never let that happen, and he knew the other girls wouldn't too.

 

 

 

After three hours of intense training, Donghae was in the boys locker room. He had a shower, before changing out of his attire and into a casual t-shirt and jeans. I can't believe I'm playing for the bulldogs now. So much for being a loyal Stingray eh, Hae? He chuckled to himself, as he looked at his new white and red uniform.

 

Sighing, he placed his uniform back inside his locker and slammed it shut. He walked out, whistling, with his bag slung over his shoulder.

 

"Hae! Hae oppa!" He heard Jessica's voice. He turned to see Jessica and another blondie.

 

"Hi Sica, what's up?" Donghae asked, chuckling.

 

"I was wondering if you like to join me and- Oh I forgot that you haven't met her properly. Hyoyeon meet Donghae and Donghae meet Hyoyeon, the dance machine in our cheerleading squad." Jessica smiled as she wrapped an arm around Hyoyeon.

 

"Nice to meet you, oppa!" Hyoyeon bowed.

 

"Nice to meet you too Hyoyeon-sshi! You're a dance-machine? I have a good friend who's nicknamed that too. I have a feeling the two of you will get along just fine," He laughed. "It's a pity he's not here though."

 

"So oppa, do you wanna watch us practice?" Jessica asked, directing the attention back to her.

 

"Yo Donghae hyung!" Came a voice from Nickhun, the school's second baseman. He was a rather handsome man with dark brown hair and a perfect smile. "Wanna hang with us?" Nickhun asked, as he jolted his thumb towards Kibum (the first baseman who's batting skills were the best) and Kangin (the catcher).

 

Donghae turned to look at the girls, who just smiled. "Go ahead and hang with the guys. I'll see you later," Jessica smiled, as she slung her arm through Hyoyeon's before walking away.

 

Nickhun whistled, as he stared at the retreating backs of the two girls. "Dude! You're really lucky you're so close to all the cheerleaders. They're all so bang-able."

 

"Hyung, I thought you were interested in Tiffany?" Kibum asked.

 

Nickhun strugged, "Siwon hyung called dibs on her. Oh wells, I still have 7 others to choose from. Yuri is perfect. I mean, I think she's the iest among all the cheerleaders."

 

"More like 6 other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter