The Final

Never Moved On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is delicated to everyone who had commented, subscribed or upvoted! Thank you so much. <3

 

 

Warning: This chapter is not edited. Spot a mistake? Do tell! :D

 

 

Chapter 27: The Final

 

After grabbing who he needed from the cafeteria, he ran back to his room. He slowed down as he approached the bed Yoona was lying on. She was curled up in a ball with her back to the door.


She looked so broken. All he wanted to do was fix her up and make her happy.


"I'm glad you ate," Donghae said as he pulled back the blanket and laid down beside her. The pizza slice had disappeared except for a small bit of crust.


Yoona said nothing but she scooted towards him and snuggled up to him. Noticing a movement near the door, she opened her eyes slightly. "Yuri?" She asked as she sat up from the bed.


"Hey Yoong," Yuri smiled softly.


Yoona blinked before turning to look at Donghae. "She's the one you were looking for just now?"


"Yup," he nodded. "After listening to what you said, I can see you miss your number one best friend. And your best friend-" he jotted his thumb in Yuri's direction. "-Misses you too."


Donghae stood up and patted Yuri on the shoulder. "I'll give you girls some privacy to talk."


"No oppa," Yuri stopped him. "You can stay." Yoona stood up from the bed cautiously and took few slow steps forward as if something was about to explode. He almost laughed; Yoona was being so stupid. Yuri was the least likely person in the world to hold a grudge.


"I'm not going to bite you," Yuri said jokingly.


Yoona flinched. "I know, I just..."


"Hey," Yuri said, her face turning serious. "I don't hate you. You may be  kind of...stupid, but I don't hate you."


Yoona looked up at her best friend. "Really? But I yelled at you."


"Well, yeah you did yell at me. But I deserved it. I didn't thought of how hurt you would be if we conducted the plan. And for that, I'm sorry Yoongie. I didn't mean to hurt you, I was just trying to help."


Yoona smiled as she wrapped her arms around Yuri's waist. "That's okay, Yul. I'm sorry too, for yelling at you."


Yuri pulled back. "So, friends again?"


"Yes yes, of course we're still friends!" Yoona replied as the two girls squealed and jumped around in each other arms. After a few loud moments, they finally pulled away. "Sooooo, we gotta hang out. Like ASAP!" Yuri shrieked as she turned towards the door. Noticing Donghae, she quickly added. "Oh, not now I mean. I still have- uh.. An.. AN APPOINTMENT!" she stammered. "Yeah, an appointment. So ta-ta!" With that, Yuri ran out of the room.


"What was that about?" Donghae asked, scratching his neck.


"Beats me. That woman has always been crazy," Yoona giggled as she climbed back into his bed. "Come lie down with me, oppa." Donghae joined her and they lay there for about half an hour in silence, just enjoying each other's company.


"Hae?" she finally said, pulling away.


"Hmm?" Donghae asked.


"I just want to say thank you again," Yoona said. She looked away from him, embarrassed.


"Anytime Yoong," he brushed a piece of hair out of her face and Yoona turned back to him.


"Do you think we could head out to join the rest?"


"I think that might be allowed," he as he poked her nose. "But, can I ask you something first?"


Yoona nodded. "Of course."


Taking a deep breath, he asked something that had been stuck in his head since it happened. "What happened to us two years ago?"


She was quiet for a long time before answering. "I was scared, Hae. Scared because I loved you."


That didn't made sense to Donghae. Why would she run away if she loved him? "So you left?"


Yoona frowned. "You don't understand. My entire family, everyone I ever loved, was taken away from me. I was nervous that if I loved you too much, well maybe that..." Yoona stopped and closed her eyes, trying to control her tears.


"Go on," he coaxed her.


She took a deep breath. "Remember the day before my family left? I was a bit sick and you skipped classes to take care of me? You were so sweet and I just... I just fell for you even more, if that was even possible. And then the next day, I found the note you left. I didn't mind at all, so you didn't have to apologise, by the way. And when I found out about the news of my dead family, Yuri was the one who comforted me. When she brought up your name, it was like a knife in my heart. It brought me pain, so I ran away from you."


"Because I wasn't there when you needed me the most."


"No, because I realised that I loved you just as much as I loved them. And I thought- I thought..." she stopped again.


Donghae tried to put her words together, to understand her meaning. "You thought that if you put distance between us, nothing bad would happen to me?"


Yoona nodded her head as more tears built up in her eyes.


"You love Yuri too, right? Then why did you let her leave with you?"


"I didn't want her to leave with me, but you know how stubborn Yul can get."


Okay, but if she loved me so much why did she get a boyfriend?  "What about Taecyeon?"

"I ran into Taecyeon about a month after me and Yuri left. He, well, he comforted me about the loss of my family. When his school ended, he would drive from Busan to Seoul to see me. We started hanging out more and more and it just sort of happened."


"So you just forgot about me?" Donghae asked feeling a little angry.


Panic covered Yoona's face. "No! I never forgot about you, Hae. Taecyeon could never compare to you. He just made me forget about the pain of not being with you. But then I was told about you moving to our school and that we're going to be roommates. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter