Code Double Red

Never Moved On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is delicated to: SNSDrunning & YoonTaem47.

Thank you for subscribing! <3

 

 

Chapter  15:    Code  Double  Red

 

"Oppa?" Yoona asked when Eunhyuk walked into the living room. "Where's Donghae oppa?"


"He's a little...um, upset right now. Hyoyeon is currently speaking to him." Eunhyuk replied, scratching his head sheepishly.


"Oppa, why did you stop me from going after him?" Yoona pouted. "I'm worrying about him."


"That's because you're the reason why he's hurting," He mumbled under his breath.


"What?"


Eunhyuk looked up and flashed her his best smile. "Nothing. Just go and take a nap Yoong. You have a hangover right?"


"Yes, but the headache has already subsided," Yoona replied. "I'm waiting for him."


Sensing how helpless Eunhyuk was, Yuri came to step in. "Yoong, come on. Didn't you say your anniversary with Taecyeon oppa is tomorrow? Aren't you going to plan or something?"


"Oh, yes!" Yoona squealed. "Yuri, I need your help. Come on!" She pulled Yuri by the arm, as the former dragged her to her room.


Eunhyuk sighed. That was a close call. He did not want Yoona to be seen when Donghae returns. It will only just bring his mood back down.


 

 

 


"Why does the corridor smell like-" Eunhyuk stopped mid-sentence, his nose crinkled up as he sniffed the air. "-happiness?"


The next day was a Sunday evening, and Eunhyuk had brought Donghae out for dinner. There was something nagging in his head, like he had forgotten something very important. But he could not recall what it was.


"You're weird, buddy." Donghae chuckled, sliding his cardkey into the door slot. "I don't smell anything."


Donghae pushed open the door, and Eunhyuk hurried past him into the apartment. Suddenly, he stopped on the doormat. He turned to Donghae abruptly, the colour of his face drained. There was a panicked look in his eyes. "Um, we have a big problem."


Donghae stepped into the front entrance and inspected the scene. As he took a quick glance into the living room, his eyes widened. "Wha- What the hell happened here?"


"The happy angel came and casted a happy spell in the living room?" Eunhyuk suggested. The entire room flickered and glowed like a sappy, cliche love scene from a chick flick. Candles covered every hard surface; the counters, the bookshelves, and the coffee tables. Michael Buble poured out of the sound system, serenading the whole dorm.


Yoona was stood in the middle of the living room, holding up two DVDs, her back facing the two males.


"What are you doing?" Eunhyuk asked.


Yoona's head whipped around at the sound of his voice, as the DVDs fell to the ground. "Oh my god!" She exclaimed, placing a hand over her heart. "Don't do that!"


"Sorry," Eunhyuk said, kicking off his shoes. "I didn't mean to scare you." He crossed the room and picked up the DVDs.


"What to expect when you're expecting..." He trailed off, staring at the title of the movie. "Don't tell me you're pregnant?!"


"NO!" Yoona shrieked, her face turning red as she snatched the DVD from his hand. "It's a comedy show, okay!"


"I was just kidding. Geez woman, chill out." Eunhyuk placed his hands up in surrender.


Yoona glared at him as she placed the two DVDs on the coffee table. "I wasn't expecting you guys home so soon. I thought..." Yoona trailed off, looking up at Eunhyuk with worry plastered across her face. Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Never mind," she said softly, her face turning red.


Eunhyuk's eyes widened. "Oh ," he mumbled.


Donghae--who was still standing on the doormat--was staring with confusion at the two. "So, what exactly is going on here?" He asked. He looked around the room again. He knew it was a stupid question to ask, it was pretty obvious in fact. He knew it was something he did not want to hear - something that would break his already broken heart. Yoona played with her hands as she stood there, her back facing him.


Donghae opened the front door, and was thinking of heading over to Nickhun's dorm to get away from the pain, when her voice stopped him.


"Yoona, wait," Eunhyuk said. "This is my fault. Let me talk to him." Then, he ran across the living room before pulling Donghae out of the apartment for some privacy.


"Were you thinking of leaving?" Eunhyuk whispered after he closed the door. "Because you can't! This is definitely a code double

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter