Round Two

Never Moved On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is delicated to all YoonHae fans (:

 

 

Chapter 20:  Round  Two

 

"Ugh, oppa!" Hyoyeon complained into the phone. After Yoona and him had gotten back to the apartment, Yoona had shut herself in her room. Donghae decided to call Hyoyeon and give her the rundown of the day to figure out what went wrong.


"All our hard work for nothing. You weren't supposed to tell Yoona that Sica means nothing to you!"


"What? Why? I can't get Yoona back if she thinks I have a girlfriend," he answered, as he fell back onto his bed in frustration.


"But that's exactly what Yoona wanted to hear. She had to make sure that Sica wasn't someone to worry about. And yes, they may be best friends and know practically everything about each other, but- Oh wait. You can't say Jessica's your girlfriend yet. Since they're best friends, Jessica would have said something about you this morning when we were together..." Hyoyeon voice trailed off as she was obviously thinking over the plan.


"HA!" Donghae smirked.


"Shut up! I'm trying to think here," Hyoyeon snapped.


"Wait, I still don't get why Yoona's acting like that."


Hyoyeon groaned. "Seriously, oppa? Instead of making her jealous, you made her worried. Which is a total different thing, if you do not know."


"Oh."


"Oh, is right!" Hyoyeon snapped again.


"Geez. I know I'm not the smartest person in the world, but what am I supposed to do? Girls are difficult to understand," Donghae mumbled. "Besides, you said I'm not supposed to say that Jessica's my girlfriend...yet."


"That was after you told me what  happened! Sheesh!" Hyoyeon cried. "And girls are easy to understand, kay. It's boys who are...complicated."


"Anyways, now I'm going to fix this thing with the rest."


Great, time for round two of making Yoona jealous. "So, what's the plan?" Donghae sighed.


"You're going to ask Jessica out," Hyoyeon said. "Tomorrow."

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

"Donghae oppa?" Taeyeon asked, as she and Tiffany stopped in front of him at his locker.


"Taeyeonie, hey! What's up?" Donghae inquired, ruffling her hair.


"TaeTae wanted to ask you something about luuuuuuuuuuv," Tiffany squealed.


"Fany! Shhhhh!" Taeyeon frowned. Then, she turned back to Donghae. "Well, there's this guy... I really like him, and we've kissed a few times but we still haven't had that perfect kiss. I mean, I didn't feel the firewords. How do I get that feeling with him?"


"Your boyfriend?" Donghae asked.


Taeyeon blushed, looking down at her feet as she nodded her head.


Well, this is a stupid question, Donghae thought to himself. If there are fireworks, then there are fireworks. His thoughts drifted back to two summers ago, a few months before she left...

 


"Cannonball!" He had yelled, as he flew through the air. Water rushed around him as he fell into the lake. He let himself sink to the bottom of the crystal clear pool before shoving up for air. "Hell yeah!" He had hollered as he broke the surface. Shaking the cold water from his hair and eyes, he let the refreshing feeling wash over him.


Yoona was floating on her back, a safe distance away from his splash zone. Grinning, he swam over to her and the waves from his made her body rock back and forth in the water.


"Boo," he said as he circled his arms around her stomach, pulling her close to him.


"Boo to you too," Yoona smiled back, wrapping her arms around his neck.


"This was a great idea," he told her as they bobbled up and down in the water. "Just us alone, in the water... I haven't been out here in forever. It's so peaceful."


Yoona lifted her hand up to his face and brushed his wet fringe to the side. "Thanks oppa." Her lips formed a small sad smile.


He knew exactly what she was thinking and disappointment flooded through him. "Ugh, I wish you would quickly graduate and come with me. I feel like I just got back to you," he complained.


"This summer went fast," Yoona agreed.


They gazed at one another. Their eyes were serious as they studied each other, neither of them looking forward to when he would go back to Seoul, where his college was in. Yoona let her hand drop from his head, and traced her fingers down the side of his face.


"I'm going to miss you," he whispered. The waterfall trickled in the background, as the sun slowly descended behind the mountains.


"I'm going to miss you too, fishy" Yoona's eyes twinkled and he leaned in to kiss her.


Yoona and him had kissed many times over the course of the summer and they were all perfect. They all had fireworks. But this one had the weight of their nearing separation upon it.


As his body pressed against Yoona's, he held Yoona by her face. Wrapping her legs around his waist, she gripped his shoulders and tried to pull herself even closer to him. Wet skin stuck to wet skin.


His lips were sore, and he needed a breath, but he couldn't stop kissing her. Yoona's nails dug into his back. He nibbled on her bottom lip, wanting more. Treading towards the side of the lake, he pushed her up against it and attacked her neck. Yoona moaned as she tangled her hands up in his hair, determined not to let go. "Oppa," she whispered. "I need you, now."


They floated out in the lake for hours, kissing each other, making love to each other, and trying to ignore the coming of a new school year.

 


"Um, oppa?" Taeyeon asked, waving a hand in front of her, successfully bringing him back to the present.


"Oh, I'm sorry. Just got reminded of...my past," Donghae said, sadly. "But enough of me and Yoona, back to your question. There's no way to force fireworks. If you have them, you could feel them. Yoona and I had fireworks that summer two years ago..." He trailed off. "I knew it isn't something I could just recreate. The real question was what do you do when someone loses those fireworks..." Donghae knew he wasn't real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter