The Nationals

Never Moved On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is delicated to: xCheerios, P0piah, Aragoy, HiAndGoodbye & haewonkyu_yeobo.

Thanks so much for subcribing and commenting! <3
 

 

 

Chapter 10: The Nationals

 

"Fishy!" Donghae heard Yoona yelled. "Come out here for a sec!"

 

Donghae grumbled as he was awaken from his short nap before the game. He pushed himself out of bed and dragged his heavy feet out his room. "What-" He stopped mid-sentence at the sight of the familiar tall and curvy black-haired lady in front of him.

 

"Donghae oppa!" She squealed, throwing her arms around his neck.

 

Getting over his shock, Donghae squeezed her tight. "Oh my god, Blackie! It's you, it's really you!" Yuri let go of him, snorting. "Oppa! You know how I hate that nickname!"

 

"Well, I love it. That's all that matters," Donghae smirked, pinching her on the cheek. Yuri pouted, as she ran to Yoona's side. "Yoongie, he's mean."

 

Donghae stormed his foot childishly, "I am not!"

 

Yoona rolled her eyes, "You two are still childish as ever. Yul, go pack. Hae, go get ready. You're supposed to meet the team in an hour's time."

 

"See, an hour. I still have time. I'm not like some girls who takes forever to get ready," Donghae stuck his tongue out at Yoona.

 

"Are you implying that I'm slow?" Yuri accused.

 

"Oh the states did wonders to you, Yul!" Donghae smiled sweetly.

 

"Whatever," Yuri rolled her eyes. "You know, if you weren't my best friend, I would be asking myself how she fell in love with someone as annoying as you."

 

"What?" Donghae demanded. He hadn't ben able to catch everything she had muttered under her breath, but he knew that it hadn't been exactly a compliment. Well, this is the relation of Lee Donghae and Kwon Yuri. Two childish best friends who are always finding the chance to get on each others' nerves. Both wanted a unique friendship, so there it is. Yoona sometimes wondered why she even introduced Donghae to Yuri. Both of them were practically twins; with similar personality and thinking. One of them is headache enough, but two? Serious migraine people. 

 

 "Oh nothing," Yuri smiled, pecking him on the cheek. "We y girls need to talk. Sooooo~ Shoo, go away."

 

Donghae laughed. Yuri was exactly the same as two years ago. "Fine, get rid of me like you don't miss me. When you're lonely one day, don't ever come looking for me." He faked-cry.

 

"I won't miss you," Yuri smiled, waving her fingers at him, as she pulled Yoona to her room. Kicking the door shut, Yuri turned to face Yoona with her hands on her hips. She stared at Yoona, as though she was the mother and Yoona, the child who did something wrong.

 

"Talk woman," Yuri said.

 

"Uhh, about what?" Yoona asked, as she took a seat on Yuri's bed.

 

"About Donghae oppa!" Yuri cried. "Why is he living here? I mean, in a girls' dorm. How come I didn't know anything about this? How long has this been going on? Are you back with Dong-"

 

"Shut up Yul, he can hear everything! This room isn't sound-proof you know? And NO! I'm not back with Hae oppa, you know I can't," Yoona hissed.

 

"Why not? Your so-call reason isn't valid woman. I mean, I'm still here!" Yuri protested.

 

"Ugh, you won't understand!" Yoona cried, throwing her arms in the air.

 

"Then make me understand!" Yuri argued. "You're practically throwing away your happiness not being with-"

 

"Um, guys? I can hear you screaming in there," Donghae said, knocking on the room door. "Anyways, I'm leaving for the game now. Um, Yuri? Could you, you know... Wear my jersey?"

 

Yuri's eyes widened. Donghae wanted her to wear his jersey? Why her and not Yoona?

 

"Well, since Yoong will most probably be wearing Taecyeon's... So can you?" Yuri smacked her forehead. Right, Taecyeon... She forgot their school were playing against Taecyeon's school in the Nationals.

 

"Yeah, sure oppa!" Yuri yelled through the door.

 

"Thanks alot Yul! You're the best! Bye girls!" Donghae shouted as he left the dorm.

 

"You're wearing Taecyeon's?" Yuri asked, turning back to Yoona.

 

"I don't know. I mean, yeah, I want to. But he's playing against my school. If I wore his jersey, it'll be as though I do not support my own school," Yoona sighed.

 

"Hmm, then wear Hae oppa's!" Yuri smiled.

 

"He asked you to wear it, I can't" Yoona replied. "And besides, we're doing a dance for his team."

 

"...WAIT! What?!" Yuri exclaimed. "A dance?! How can I learn a dance in like...one hour!"

 

"This is the dance that we've been practicing for a few months. You definitely know it alright, so chill," Yoona said. "The one that requires us to sing along, as we dance."

 

Yuri nodded head, sighing in relief. "Okay! Then what are we waiting for? We need to meet the others and get ready!"

 

 

 

 

The Stingrays were all assembled in the corner of the field where their coach was briefing them. Missing his former teammates, Donghae asked to be excused for a few minutes. He walked towards the Stingrays and slapped Tim on his back. "Hyung!"

 

"Hey Hae!" Tim grinned, giving him a man hug. "How's school been treating you?"

 

"Awesome as always," Donghae replied proudly. "I think I have this charms that all teachers love."

 

"Cocky now, I see? Wait till I beat your in the game," Tim joked.

 

"Oh, we'll see alright hyung."

 

Donghae talked with his former teammates for a few minutes before returning to his warmups. He was practicing throwing the ball to Nickhun when the field turned quiet all of a sudden. Tilting his head to the side, he saw Yoona and the gang parading towards the coach. They all sat down on the bench at the sidelines, adjusting their tops or looking around the field. Their uniforms consisted of a red skirt which showed a lot of fine legs, a wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter