The Roommate

Never Moved On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: The Roommate


"Thanks sir, keep the change!" Donghae smiled as he stepped out of the cab and took in a lungful of air. He stared down at the handwritten address on his palm and looked back up at the school building. This is the place alright. Never thought it'll be this huge, he thought as he slung his backpack and pulled his luggage towards the main entrance.

 

Behind the solid sandstone desk in the office, a very attractive, groomed, blonde young woman smiles pleasantly at him. She was wearing the sharpest charcoal suit jacket and white shirt he have ever seen. She looked immaculate. This was his first time seeing someone as beautiful as she working in a simple University office. "Hi, how may I help you?"

 

"Hi, I'm Lee Donghae, the transfer student from Seoul University?" Donghae smiled politely at the older woman.

 

"Oh! Mr Lee, welcome to SM Town University," She smiled as she fumbled around her desk for the necessary files. She placed a blue file in his hands, as well as a card key for his dorm appartment. "The blue file contains your schedules for the term as well as a map around the campus and this card is the key to your room. If you need any help, feel free to drop by here again or ask your roommate. I hope you would benefit in SM Town University, Mr Lee. Have a nice day!"

 

"How do I get to my dorm, by the way?" Donghae asked.

 

"Turn left after you leave this office, and then walk straight. There'll be a door at the end of the hallway. Go in, and then follow the foot path to Block A. You live on the fourth floor." Ms Nameless replied.

 

"Thank you so much," Donghae politely bowed, as he took his exit. Once outside the office, he followed her direction to his dorm.

 

At the elevators, he pressed the call button, and the bell rings almost immediately. The doors slipped open, revealing a couple in a passionate embrace inside. Surprised, they broke apart as the girl stared guiltily in every direction but Donghae's. The guy, however, just glared at him for interrupting. Donghae rolled his eyes; if he didn't want any interruption he should have do her in his room, and not in the lift where anyone could have interrupted anytime.

 

At the fourth floor, the girl hurried out of the lift, not sparing a single glance at the guys. Donghae turned to look at the guy, who just strugged, like it was no big deal. Donghae rolled his eyes again, and headed to his dorm.

 

He walked aimlessly along the corridor, trying to figure out his dorm number. He cursed himself silently for not remembering to ask for his simple room number. He was about to head back down to the office again when a girl's voice stopped him. He whipped around to find a jaw dropping beautiful girl standing behind him. "Hi, you must be Donghae-sshi? The new transfer student?"

 

"Ah, yes. I am, do I know you? 'Cos I swear, I've seen you before." Donghae furrowed his eyebrows in concentration as he stared at her face, trying to recall where he had seen her before.

 

She laughed; her laughter was unique, that was for sure. It wasn't anything like a feminine laugh, it was more like how a grandmother would laugh. It was cute though. "Fany was right. You are a really charming man."

 

"Fany? You know Tiffany?" He asked.

 

"Of course! She has been my best friend since eight years ago. I'm really protective of her, by the way. So, if you ever hurt her or something, I'd kill you regardless if you were my friend." She said.

 

"Oh! You don't have to worry about that! I treat her as my little sister," Donghae smiled reassuringly. "By the way, I didn't catch your name...?"

 

"That's because I didn't throw it to you," she said in all seriousness. Then, she laughed as she shook her head. "I'm sorry, Fany taught me that. She said that's what she and her friends would always say when she was in America. I still don't get Americans and their sarcasm. My name's Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon."

 

Donghae chuckled. "Nice to meet you Taeyeon-sshi. Um, do you, by any chance, know which dorm I'm going to stay in?"

 

"Actually, yes. That was why I approached you. I could see you were facing some...problems. Your room number is 1003. All the best oppa, and good luck."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter