Stupid Little Thing Called Love

Never Moved On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is delicated to: sujusone24, FishyYoongie, nerdscandy, malik201, xGummyBears, xYoongie, ilovenickhun, yodokyu, HeRShEly, yoonhaeheartofmine, zYoonHae, KpopYoonHae, Aragoy, m-o-chi, nisaloveminstal, soshified07 & Iloveyoona9870. <3

Thank you for all your comments. It means a lot <3

 

 

 

Chapter 25: Stupid Little Thing Called Love

 

"Please, wait!" Taeyeon called out again.


Donghae stepped away from the taxi and waited for one of Yoona's best friend to reach him. "What are you doing here?" He asked when she stopped in front of him, gasping for breath.


"Trying to stop you," she barely got out as she down a lungful of air. When she was breathing normally again, she stood up straighter and smacked him on the side of his head.


"YAH! What was that for?!" Donghae yelped, rubbing his head.


"You're an idiot, you know that?" Taeyeon glared at him. "If it wasn't for Krystal, I would be too late and you'd be back in Busan already."


"Krystal? How did she know I was leaving?"


"She overheard your conversation with the lady in the office," Taeyeon replied.


"Oh."


"Oppa, you made me run a looooong hallway and down four flights of stairs just to get to you, and all you have to say is 'oh'?! I'm not a good runner, do you know that?" Taeyeon yelled, throwing her hands up in the air.


"I'm sorry, but you didn't have to stop me. You should just let me leave. Why can't you just let me leave?" Donghae asked sadly.


"I'm doing this for Yoona's sake. I'm the oldest among the girls and she's the youngest. I need to look out for her," Taeyeon said.


"She doesn't want me here, Taengoo."


"She's just having a rough time right now oppa," Taeyeon replied. "You know what I thought about you when I found out you were once Yoona's boyfriend? I thought maybe you weren't as great as what everyone says, since Yoona broke up with you. But as the days passed, I realised you're a great guy and Yoona should regret ever leaving-"


"Lee Donghae!" Another voice yelled out.


The duo turned to see Yuri running straight towards them, waving a letter in her hand. Aish, don't tell me she read the-


"Mr Lee Donghae!" Yuri shouted angrily. "I can't believe you're so stupid in wanting to leave!" Yup, she read it alright.


"She doesn't want me there Yul, so it's best if I leave," Donghae mumbled.


The expression on her face softened. "Donghae, you can't leave. After Yoona lost her parents, she became a different person. I feel so protective of her and I don't want to see her hurt like that again."


Donghae looked up at her. "Your point?"


"My point is that you guys belong together. Everyone can see that! Right unnie?" Yuri turned to Taeyeon, who was nodding her head with a serious look on her face. "She may have started dating Taecyeon, but I think it was just her way of trying to ignore the pain of losing you. Sure, Taecyeon did help her get over it for the most part, but she's been a different person since you've moved to Seoul. She's more like the Yoona you and I both knew before her parents died. You make her happy."


He shook his head in denial. "But she stayed with him, Yul."


"I know," she responded, sounding just as sad as him. "But I think she was scared."


"Yuri, I blew it. She won't forgive me this time."


"We'll come up with a better plan, I promise!"


It was too late for that now. "I can't mess with her feelings anymore. It's not right."


Donghae could see the tears of frustration build up in her eyes. "But I think it will hurt her more if you're gone."


"Sir?" the taxi driver called. "Are you going or not?"


Yuri grabbed his hands so he couldn't leave. "Please oppa, I'm begging you. Just give her some time."


"But Yuri," he said and started to pull away. This wasn't right. Even if Yoona did love me, which wasn't possible after what I had done, we obviously weren't meant to be together. Nothing ever worked for us.


"You say you love her?" Taeyeon demanded angrily.


Of course I did. That was a stupid question...again. I would always love Yoona. "Yeah, but-"


Taeyeon cut him off. "Then prove it."

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

Yuri punched the up button on the elevator before turning around to face him with a devilious grin. "You know, oppa? You're a really pathetic loser, but that's okay! You just have to remember that's who Yoona fell in love with."


"Hey!" He complained as the lift doors slid open. They stepped inside. Taeyeon had rushed off to one of her afternoon class after they had managed to make Donghae stay. "I didn't stay just to have you make fun of me again, Yul!"


"Chill. All I'm saying is that Yoona loved the romantic Hae that took her horseback riding for one of their dates, and the hero that brought her to the hospital when she burnt her arm. And even the sweet guy that stayed with her all night long when she was sick, just to make sure she was alright."


"I still can't tell if that's a compliment or an insult," Donghae grumbled at her remembering the pathetic loser part.


Yuri giggled. "Aw oppa, I still love you even if you're a pathetic loser!" She threw an arm around his shoulder, still giggling like a little girl. "It's just that, you're the only guy I know that  would do all those stuffs for the one you love. You're whipped man!"


"And that makes me pathetic?"


"Yup," she replied, popping the 'p'.


"Remind me to kill you when this is over."


"Nuh-uh. Yoongie won't let you," Yuri smirked. "Anyways, I think I learnt something from all our sorry excuses of a plan. You have to stop trying to beat Taecyeon. You'll never win that way. Instead, you just have to be the caring Donghae that we all know. That's what Yoona wants."


It was too late for that, he thought. Yoona already thought I was a class A prick. "And how exactly am I supposed to do that? Yoona isn't really in the talking mood."


Yuri rolled her eyes. "Come on, oppa. You know her better than that. If Yoona has one major fault, it's that she is way too forgiving. Just lay low for a while until she comes around. When she does, just be your semi-charming self and she will fall right back into your arms. No more of that sneaking around stuff, okay!"


"You're the one who came up with the sneaking around stuff!"


"That was Hyoyeon unnie, okay!" Yuri whined, defending herself.


"But still! You helped!"


"Fine. But know that sneaking around is my expertise, not yours," Yuri giggled as she hopped towards their dorm.  


"Really now?" He chuckled.


"Yeap!" Yuri replied. "If I wasn't sneaky, how could I pull a prank on Fany unnie and Sica unnie?"


"You're hopeless," Donghae laughed.


"Like you aren't," Yuri jokingly said back.


Back in the dorm apartment, Yuri plopped down on the stool in the kitchen. "Pour me a glass of milk, please?"


Donghae rolled his eyes as he pulled out a carton of milk from the fridge. Grabbing a glass, he poured it in. "You're really lazy, Yul."


"Oh shut up. I ran down the stairs to get to you, remember? I'm beat." Yuri gulped down her ice cold milk.


Just then, Eunhyuk came into the kitchen. "Hey man, where were you?" Noticing his luggage and bag, Eunhyuk gasped. "Where y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter